Games Only Special - Xbox One (XBONE) Discussion
  • [youtube]NQEK89s-nHw[/youtube]

We started talking about it on GOP88 and decided to make it separate as a lot of people are burned out on XBONE talk, so...here it is if you want it. Nice and separated.
  • Great discussion as always! Really showed me that maybe my price point ($499), is higher than what a lot of people are willing to spend. I'd love to see one of, if not both of the consoles hit the $399 mark. Although I do agree that I don't see the PS4 hitting that due to it's hardware.
  • I'd be fine with paying up to $499, but nothing more than that I think. E3 will shed some lights on it though! I'm a huge Forza fan, so Forza 5 already makes me content with the system.
  • Already posted this in the Xbox Reveal thread, but in case anyone comes here first: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/24/4362680/xbox-one-games-will-require-regular-authentication-checks-used-games
  • Will this be up on the iTunes at some point? (with the rest of the podcast).
  • That was a pretty good discussion on the Xbone.
  • Listening to the podcast the whole live TV and cable is moot to me, with one remote control button i am on my digital TV with interactive possibilities, why would i do this through a console?
  • I don't see myself getting one at the moment, but that could change. Dunno what I'd pay for it though. Love that song at the end! xD
  • Epke said:
    Listening to the podcast the whole live TV and cable is moot to me, with one remote control button i am on my digital TV with interactive possibilities, why would i do this through a console?

If it allows you to play a game in one window and have a video/TV program running in another window (with the ability to switch or even mix the audio) then it might actually be useful for me. If I can play a game and watch something like a football/soccer game (involving teams I don't really follow) at the same time and quickly switch the TV program over to the main window when something interesting/exciting happens then that would be great for me.

If the 2nd windowed mode doesn't work with games and TV then I am not too interested as I'd rather use my phone or iPad for stuff like cinema tickets and Skype.
  • Epke said:
    Listening to the podcast the whole live TV and cable is moot to me, with one remote control button i am on my digital TV with interactive possibilities, why would i do this through a console?

For people with bastard kids mostly. Some people can multitask like HELL.
  • amardilo said:
    If I can play a game and watch something like a football/soccer game (involving teams I don't really follow) at the same time and quickly switch the TV program over to the main window when something interesting/exciting happens then that would be great for me.

Oh man I would love for this to be something we're able to do. As a big sports fan myself it'd be great to watch some basketball while I'm playing through a game. This would be a feature that would help push me towards the X1.
  • Got my laptop on, when i am gaming (or watching TV), it still looks like a gaming console with some extra features to me and all the stuff with the only one game per account and the maybe needs to be connected to the internet to play certain (games) is a big turn off for me.
  • DRUMMZ79 said:
    Oh man I would love for this to be something we're able to do. As a big sports fan myself it'd be great to watch some basketball while I'm playing through a game. This would be a feature that would help push me towards the X1.

Yeah if they could work that in somehow it may make the console my multiplatform console of choice. The only thing would be I may need a bigger TV.
  • Epke said:
    Got my laptop on, when i am gaming (or watching TV), it still looks like a gaming console with some extra features to me and all the stuff with the only one game per account and the maybe needs to be connected to the internet to play certain (games) is a big turn off for me.

I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about any features the console has that doesn't relate specifically to games. Having said that, Kinect and voice controls can go eat a massive dick imo.

If Billy is going to drop the amount of cash he reckons he is on game development for the new Box we'll see, but as it stands I haven't cared less about a new console in a long time. I'd go a fucking WiiU before this pile of shit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week