Xbox 360 exclusives
  • So, I'm thinking of buying a 360 at some point since they should become very, very cheap to afford with next gen coming along so soon.

I've done a bit of research and these are the games I'd like to get so far:

Lost Odyssey
    Tales of Vesperia
    Akai Katana
    Dodonpachi Resurrection something-or-other
    Deathsmiles
    Some Forza ('cos Littleg is awesome)
    Maybe Gears?

I think a lot of you guys own 360's and I'm wondering if I should be looking at some other great exclusives! I'm not really into Halo or Fable, so you can rule those out.

Any sort of game I'll take a look at, so don't worry about picking games within a certain genre or whatever.

However, if you could stick with retail games that would be great. I'd love to save a bit more money and get a 4gb Xbox.
  • Gears is good, the new game is coming out soon. That's about it with no halo or fable the list of good exclusives is pretty small.
  • Alan wake is very good.
  • Raiden Fighting Aces and Raiden IV are pretty fun. :)
  • crackdown is my favorite one,
  • Well damn forgot about crackdown.
  • Forgot about Alan Wake, it isn't exclusive to the 360 but I'd prefer to play on the 360 anyway. The game looks good!

Those Raiden games look good, but damn are they expensive! :P I'm surprised by the amount of sh'mups on the 360!

Crackdown seems pretty great too. Not the 2nd one though. :P
  • FirLocke said:
    Forgot about Alan Wake, it isn't exclusive to the 360

Neither is the original Gears of War but people still consider it a 360 exclusive.
  • Chip said:
    Neither is the original Gears of War but people still consider it a 360 exclusive.

Oh really? I didn't know that actually. I have to say the first three don't look like particularly attractive single player affairs, but the latest Gears -Judgement- looks like quite an improvement in terms of story. I mainly think this because of this interview with the writer. :D

[video=youtube;4yGaNjtvhkI]
  • FirLocke said:
    Those Raiden games look good, but damn are they expensive! :P I'm surprised by the amount of sh'mups on the 360!

Yeah, the shmups were my main draw to the 360. :) There are a bunch of good ones to download on the marketplace also.
  • XBLA has a shitload of exclusives that you should go through.
  • If you plan on buying xbla games you're gonna need to buy harddrive.
  • Blue Dragon and The Last Remnant might also be worth a look if you like JRPGs. I enjoyed them.

Crackdown is a good call, and I'd also chuck in Condemned and Dead Rising if you like those type of games. Gears is a fun series and worth a look imo for what it's worth.

Oh, and the first Saint's Row.

If you're a masochist Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. I wasted hundreds of hours on that game, but it isn't particularly good and takes a LONG time to really get into since it doesn't explain shit about anything. :p Soundtrack is awesome though.

And just remembered get Shadow Complex off LIVE. Great scroller.
  • FirLocke said:

Crackdown seems pretty great too. Not the 2nd one though. :P

i dont remember what the second one was like i just remember the last mission i played the gameplay was so bad that sometimes you would grab a ledge and sometimes you would miss it even though you were there, and on 50 story building that meant it was tough (or in my case impossible) to make it to the top to kill the guys up there. i might go back to it but i wouldnt count on it with all the great games that just came out or are coming out soon.
  • Ligerzero said:
    If you plan on buying xbla games you're gonna need to buy harddrive.

The XBLA games you can usually get away with on just a flash drive (especially since they're no bigger than 2GB). If I remember correctly, you can format it to do up to a 32GB Xbox partition, and a 32GB flash drive will only run you around $20. Can't really make use of Games on Demand because of the speed issue, but it works plenty well for arcade games.
  • Oh did know xbla games were that small. I guess most of my harddrive is taken up by game installs.

Some games like halo 4 won't allow online play unless you have either a harddrive or flash drive. Don't know if more games will have this in the future.
  • Thanks for the flash drive suggestion Winsord! I didn't know about that.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, although Flibble I have to say that Kingdom Under Fire really doesn't look that good. :P I mean, I beat Dark Souls, but I'm not quite a masochist.....(yet?)

Oh btw, I don't plan on paying for Xbox Live, will that restrict me from downloading games?
  • FirLocke said:
    Oh btw, I don't plan on paying for Xbox Live, will that restrict me from downloading games?

Silver (so non-paying) members still have access to all of the games. The only thing you really miss out on with games specifically is the online functionality (so playing online with others, that sort of thing) and you don't get the Xbox Live Deal of the Week sales. Aside from that, you just don't have access to things like Netflix and other apps. Here's a more extensive list, if you're interested.
  • Just noticed this:

FirLocke said:

Some Forza ('cos Littleg is awesome)

I sure am.

Xbox Live has a pretty good mine of decent stuff - Shadow Complex has already been mentioned, is Limbo still exclusive? Trials HD is worth a look and you can't go far wrong with anything that says Gears on the tin...
  • Limbo is on PS3 and PC. Same with Trials Evolution for PC (assuming that's the one you meant to say, because there's almost no need to ever play HD again)
  • Winsord said:
    Silver (so non-paying) members still have access to all of the games. The only thing you really miss out on with games specifically is the online functionality (so playing online with others, that sort of thing) and you don't get the Xbox Live Deal of the Week sales. Aside from that, you just don't have access to things like Netflix and other apps. Here's a more extensive list, if you're interested.

Jesus, can't even go onto YouTube without Gold....Not that I would ever do that anyway but still.

And Littleg, you are awesome.
  • More exclusives: Alan Wake, Forza 4 and Horizon (they are very different), Gears of War series (horde mode with pals?), and of course a few Halo games.

Xbox Minecraft for a bare-bones experience. Small worlds though, 860x860xN blocks.
    Halo CE Anniversary for cheap, if you haven't played in on pc.
    Fable II and III are great if you like easy adventure-type RPG (similar to Kingdoms of Amalur) with funny dialogue. I played Fable The Journey (Kinect required) a month ago, it was good.
  • R.I.F. (its not a game)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week