Playstation Vita Games?
  • So I am getting a vita tomorrow. Don't ask me why. I like to waste my money. Plus it means I will then own all gaming platforms out at the minute. See I waste my money.

Anyway. I already own wipeout, uncharted and Mortal Kombat through Playstation Plus and I am getting fifa with the handheld.

I also plan on buying Persona 4 towards the end of the month. My question is what else could I purchase. There has to be more games?
  • Nope. Just keep Plus and play what's free on there. Dunno what EU + has though, it's different from America's.
  • Hot shots golf is good. Gravity rush is also good, but short.
  • Thomas Was Alone is coming to Vita and PS3. That game was so good on PC. So good.
  • I've been enjoying sly cooper. Escape plan is cool, as is AC Liberation.
  • There are a couple games that are on both ps3 and vita, but don't know if you have a preference.
  • Sony's doing a one year thing and gave some discounts

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:
    Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
    Patapon (PSP)
    Piyotama (PSP)
    Patchwork Heroes (PSP)
    Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:
    Army Corps of Hell
    Big Sky: Infinity
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Dokuro
    DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
    Knytt Underground
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes French
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    LEGO Lord of the Rings
    Orgarhythm
    Pure Chess
    Retro City Rampage
    Sine Mora (with Trial)
    Spy Hunter
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Sumioni: Demon Arts
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:
    FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
    Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

Your also gonna need a big memory card 16gb or higher is better. I'm using 8gb and can't fit much, but cards are so expensive.
  • Tell me about it I have ordered a 32gb for 60 quid. I can get a regular memory stick of that size for about a tenner. What a piss take.
  • nutta27 said:
    So I am getting a vita tomorrow. Don't ask me why. I like to waste my money. Plus it means I will then own all gaming platforms out at the minute. See I waste my money.

Anyway. I already own wipeout, uncharted and Mortal Kombat through Playstation Plus and I am getting fifa with the handheld.

I also plan on buying Persona 4 towards the end of the month. My question is what else could I purchase. There has to be more games?

If you've got PS+ I would say check out Lumines and Gravity Rush as they are currently on PlayStation Plus (well they are showing up on my UK PS+ account). I've not played either on the Vita (I did play Lumines on the 360 and loved that) but both seemed to get positive reviews.
  • Sound Shapes seems to work very well on the vita. BlazBlue would probably be the best fighting game on it right now, especially considering it made the transition to the Vita very well. If you're into your racing then Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed seem to be pretty good. Hotline Miami is also coming to Vita.

Just y'know, make sure you get that Persona 4, k? :)

And of course there's also a crap ton of PSP and PS1 games which probably look their best on the Vita.
  • Persona 4 is the sole reason for picking it up. I missed it on the playstation 2 and have been looking for a decent jrpg to play. I am considering most wanted. Downloading lumines as I type this and I am going to do gravity rush later in the week when my bigger memory card arrives.

Looking at the official blog too it looks like MGS HD will be the next plus title. Sounds good to me. Another chance to play Metal Gear Solid 3. I never did finish that game.
  • It's more than decent. :) I forgot about Lumines, that looks pretty good and it is quite cheap. I must emphasize BlazBlue though. It's really quite cheap and it's a really well made fighter.

Oh! We forgot about Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward! This game looks awesome. It's a very plot heavy game with multiple endings and it's one those kind of games where you want to play it several times over to see where else the plot goes. It's a very short game apparently, so making those replays is easier than you might think. I'd love to play this.

Also, if you like wasting money, this Hori grip looks freakin' sexy. And it's extendable.
  • Oh, and LittleBigPlanet. Touch controls seem awesome for it.
  • I never got into LBP on the ps3 the jumping is way too floaty. I just don't like the way it controls. I have mostly been playing wipeout do far. I am shocked at how good it is being a Wipeout virgin.
  • I think LBP on the Vita is more like LBP2 though in the way that there's a variety of games you can play other than the 2D platforming. 2D platforming is definitely still the most prominent thing on LBP though.

When I got a chance to play on the Vita I was most impressed by Wipeout. I was a Wipeout virgin too, and I loved my time with it. It was a tie between that and Gravity Rush.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week