For a few drops more...
  • ...Ubisoft will be milking AssCreed with a pirate game if Gamespot is correct.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-revealed-6404481

I haven't even gotten around to playing AC3 yet.
  • That's fine. It's going to be cross-gen also so I can't wait to see what they cut for the pleb release. Honestly, the naval battles were the best part of AC3 - if they serve up a whole game full of em, I'm in.
  • After 5 console games, plus a couple of handheld releases, plus numerous Facebook/online/social games, plus incredible marketing spend every time one of these is farted out, plus endless debate about whether AC1 was any good, plus moaning about how disappointing 3 was, plus hand-wringing about the racial sensitivity of certain character portrayals etc etc etc I'm just sick to the back bloody teeth of Assasin's Creed. And I've never played one of the games!

I bought AC2 cheap a couple of years ago when it seemed that the series was coming good after a...let's say 'divisive' start and I was really looking forward to trying it after everything I'd heard about 2 and AssBro. But man, I am seriously tempted to leave it in the wrapper knowing that the games took an immediate nose-dive straight afterwards.
  • I actually really liked AC2. It was essentially the last AssCreed game I put time into other than AssBro. I lost interest in Brotherhood about half-way, and interest in Revelations was lost about an hour in. I just can't enjoy these games like everyone else.
  • I loved 2 and Ass Bro but from there I my interest in the series took a nose dive. It will take a hell of a lot to bring md back in.
  • Sunflower said:
    Honestly, the naval battles were the best part of AC3 - if they serve up a whole game full of em, I'm in.

The naval battles were my favorite part too. I wish there were more of them in the game. It was the only time during the whole time I was playing that I actually felt immersed in the game.
  • So far I've loved AC2, AC:B, and AC3. Revelations was the only one that felt like I was trudging through it, and thinking back the only reason I stuck with was for the story. I still love the series and can't wait for the next one to come out.
  • Didn't care much for AC2, liked AssBro, and Revelations mostly sucked. I've yet to play 3 yet, and from all I've heard I kinda regret buying it.

Anyway, they can milk it all they want. The people who are tired of it just need to stop buying the games.
  • Sunflower said:
    That's fine. It's going to be cross-gen also so I can't wait to see what they cut for the pleb release. Honestly, the naval battles were the best part of AC3 - if they serve up a whole game full of em, I'm in.

I was debating what to play after RE6, AC3 or Dead Space 3. I might go with AC3 now to check this out.

Good pirate games, and good naval battle games too for that matter, are a definite minority, so I'm happy to see a good one come along, but did it really need to be as another Ass Creed game? I'm kinda getting sick of that universe. And was the naval stuff in AC3 good enough to hold an entire game up?
  • Well EA confirmed it. And honestly it looks like the most interesting game in the series to me.

I honestly hated not being able to skip cut scenes and that's why I didn't play any of them after the 2nd game. But I might look into this one.
  • I don't understand Egg's argument in particular. And I don't really get so bothered by milking an IP. It's a vision, a universe - not the same game every time. Sure, the Ezio saga was roughly the same ol' shit in different cities, but when people bring in iOS games (a card game! heavens) or the Facebook games I just don't view them the same.

Egg should hurry his ass up and play AC2, then make a judgment. I've noticed a trend...
  • Well, like I say, I'm not so much making a judgement on the quality of the games, just the sheer amount of time and energy that seems to go into the making of/discussion of this one series. As an annualised franchise it seems so polarising compared to COD or Halo. I'm sure I'd enjoy the experience of AC2 or AssBro, but I've just become wearied by every year 'oh here comes another one'.

I guess, from an outside, uneducated perspective Animus-aside the Vision/Universe doesn't seemed to have earned all this broohaha.

Sunflower said:
    Egg should hurry his ass up and play AC2, then make a judgment. I've noticed a trend...

You're almost certainly not wrong there. Once I finish ME3, I might post a poll listing all my backlog of games and asking what I should play next.

itstheletterfive said:
    Well EA confirmed it.

Rather presumptuous of them.
  • Littleg said:
    Rather presumptuous of them.

Haha, oops!

*Ubisoft confirmed it.
  • Littleg said:
    I guess, from an outside, uneducated perspective Animus-aside the Vision/Universe doesn't seemed to have earned all this brooha.

The AssCreed story is basically 2 cults duking it out throughout history for control of the last Dragonball. The twist of the Animus and everything to do with modern day Desmond sucks and brings every game in the series down.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Desmond sucks and brings every game in the series down.

Well you won't have to worry about that anymore....
  • I also read that this pirate guy is the grandfather of Connor? I dunno. Makes no sense to me.

That assassin is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway and grandfather of Connor from Assassin's Creed 3, according to The Examiner. He's a privateer, assassin and occasional pirate.
  • Manio said:
    I also read that this pirate guy is the grandfather of Connor? I dunno. Makes no sense to me.

Not sure why that makes no sense. Seems pretty clear...
  • [video=youtube;keQHQ2HyGNU]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week