Xbox Games on Demand Sale
  • From Gamezone (I dunno, don't ask me):

Microsoft teases Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale, over 60 Xbox 360 games get big discounts

Posted by: Matt Liebl

Microsoft's Larry Hryb (aka Major Nelson), has teased an upcoming sale for many of the Xbox 360's Games on Demand titles. For those unfamiliar, Games on Demand are full titles that you can purchase and download directly to your Xbox 360 console, essentially cutting out the middleman.

Starting February 26, 2013 and running through March 4, 2013, Microsoft will be holding an Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale for this service. During this time over 60 Xbox 360 Games on Demand titles will be on sale up to 75% off with some as much as 85% off.

Below is a list of some of the titles you can expect to see on sale:

Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham city
    Bioshock
    Borderlands
    Borderlands 2
    Brotherhood
    Call of Juarez
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 3
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Code Veronica
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements
    Dead Island
    Dirt 2
    Dishonored
    El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron
    Fable III
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3 New Vegas
    GRID
    Halo 3
    Halo 4
    Halo Reach
    Halo Wars
    Kane & Lynch Dead Men
    Left for Dead 2
    Max Payne 3
    Metal Gear Solid HD
    Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
    Mortal Kombat
    Mortal Kombat vs. DCU
    Orange Box
    Portal 2
    Raccoon City
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Red Dead Redemption
    Revelations
    Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
    Street Fighter IV
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition
    TC’s H.A.W.X.
    Tekken 6
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    The Darkness
    The King of Fighters XIII
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Tomb Raider Legend
    Virtua Fighter 5
    World at War

There's definitely a few titles on the list worth grabbing. With Time Warner confirming the next Batman Arkham game is due out this year, it might not be a bad time to pick up Arkham Asylum and Arkham City -- two quality games. There's also Dead Island whose sequel Dead Island: Riptide is releasing this year. And then there's BioShock which is also getting a new installment to the series very shortly. It's not just older titles, though. A few new titles such as Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 appear on the list.

Anything that grabs anyone's attention? Could be tempted by Civ Rev :) .
  • I'd like to pick up Red Dead again. Been wanting to play that. Resident Evil 4 is an easy choice, as is Portal 2. Depending on the price, I might give MGS HD a shot.
  • of course price makes a difference on any of the choices here. after hearing so much about AC2 that is a possibility. dead island was one i wanted but glad i waited ...for the right price i will give it a shot though. i remember hearing about dishonored, forget what its about but i would check into it. portal 2 i still have yet to play, and RE6 i was planning on picking up but its one of those titles i might rather have on a physical disk. for the right price i would get it now and wait till the cd was cheaper then buy it again.
  • GRID and Civ Rev are interesting me. But I think I am done with my 360 now live has expired. It's all 'bout PC until then end of the year. He'll there are steam sales every day.
  • Even with my backlog, I'm tempted to get something anyway, just in case this is Microsoft reviewing their daft Games On Demand pricing and a move towards something more like the regular Steam sales. They must be tracking stuff like the number of people who have never bought a GOD game but do for this sale.

If we're all assuming digital delivery is going to be key for this next gen, the console guys need to get smarter on this stuff.
  • I think I'll probably pick up El Shaddai. Raccoon City and RE6 kind of pique my interest as well, but it seems unlikely that they'll drop enough in price for me to pick them up; same thing with Halo 4.
  • the funny thing is that all this crying about used games could easily be fixed by having better pricing with digital downloads. the last time i was in the PSN i saw games for download that were more expensive than the same title at gamestop. and the one at gamestop can be resold and takes up no room on my HD. and then they complain about used games. come on give us some incentive to buy your overpriced wares.
  • This is really cool. If Microsoft would do this more often, I'd be an even bigger fan. I might pick up Red Dead if the price is low enough.
  • It looks like The Darkness is $4.99, I think I will pick that one up, since I have the sequel. Halo Reach is also $9.99 today also, I'm half tempted but I don't know if I would ever get around to playing it. :p
  • Littleg said:
    Anything that grabs anyone's attention? Could be tempted by Civ Rev :) .

Civ Rev is an awesome game. It got me into the Civ series.

If the prices are pretty low (sort of like Steam sales) I'll probably buy some games. I think I might pick up Dirt 2, GRID and The Darkness (once my USB flash drive arrives so I have some space to store the games on).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week