Animal Crossing: New Leaf News
  • I figured since I haven't seen any posts about the new Animal Crossing game for the 3DS, I'd make one! If this has already been made I apologize.

Here's the cover of the game. Which has just been released within the past few days.

A bit of an overview from the Animal Crossing Wiki:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (named Animal Crossing: Jump Out or とびだせ どうぶつの森: Tobidase Dobutsu no Mori in Japan) is the latest installment in the Animal Crossing series, released exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. The player assumes the role of mayor of a new town[1], and with the help of the townsfolk and "one eager secretary" it will be their job to make the town a better place to live[2]. Compared to previous installments, New Leaf's aesthetics are more realistic, with more human-proportioned characters and more realistic flora. New Leaf introduces the most new features since Animal Forest e+.

Here's the link to a photo gallery of some screenshots: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/15/3992396/animal-crossing-new-leaf-screenshots-show-happy-residents-and-hawking#!/3929923

Release Date: June 9th 2013

I for one am pretty excited for this game to hit store shelves. I first got hooked in '05 with Wild World and I've been waiting for a new handheld version to play ever since. I know a lot of people don't have 3DS, but I'm hoping this along with Pokemon and Smash Bros will sway people to do so!

What are you guys' thoughts on New Leaf? Are you excited? Do you care at all? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!
  • I've never played Animal Crossing, but it seems like a game where it can become very addictive, very quickly. It's also been confirmed that New Leaf is coming to Europe, for those who might be worrying. :)

IIRC, New Leaf was one of the best selling games of 2012 in Japan, if not the best.

*Edit - Just checked out New Leaf on the Japanese amazon and holy crap they love the game! 862 reviews, averaging 4 & a half stars out of 5. http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BB%BB%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-Nintendo-3DS-%E3%81%A8%E3%81%B3%E3%81%A0%E3%81%9B-%E3%81%A9%E3%81%86%E3%81%B6%E3%81%A4%E3%81%AE%E6%A3%AE/dp/B0094E58C8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361038549&sr=8-3
  • I am soooo excited about this game. Like you said it's very addictive. I hope you enjoy it too Locke!
  • Tomorrow is the big day! Getting to play as your own Mii is going to suuuch a blast! I can't wait to get my own town up and running. Anyone else picking this game up?
  • Makes me want to pick up a 3DS. Alas, super broke.
  • Manio said:
    Alas, super broke.

I wouldn't have been able to afford it if it wasn't for a $25 gift card I got from some survey website.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week