NooBTooB Highlights 06/02/2013
  • I think we all can agree that lately the forums have been pretty dead. It seems that every time I check the site, click on the “What’s New?” tab, I get a big load of nothing. I for one miss the community that Tobin and Yuzo built and I hope that one day, hopefully soon we can get that back. So what if someone, say me created a thread on the site each week that outlined the important stuff that is happening in the community. A NooBTooB’s highlights if you will. Stuff like Interesting Blogs (i know for one that no one checks the blog section out any more), funny and important threads on the forums. Just a short roundup of the site. My hope with this is that it will filter people in to the interesting parts of the site and breed more discussion on those topics. Ultimately creating more activity on the site in general (hopefully). So lets get started shall we?

Great Forum Threads

http://noobtoob.com/community/showthread.php?24344-New-show-incoming!

New Show Incoming - Yuzo and Tobin leaked a little teaser for a new episode that would be coming soon. We aren’t too sure when that will be but Littleg has posted up a thread to let you guys know. So if you missed the announcement or just want to chat shit about the forthcoming show head over to site discussion and have your say.

http://noobtoob.com/community/showthread.php?24345-Noobtoob-s-Week-in-Gaming-04-02-13

WiG - Littleg also has a weekly thread over in the gaming culture section of the site that lets you inform everyone what it is you have been playing in the past week. This seems to be the most popular aspect of the site recently so go check it out. Tell us what you have been playing, let other people know what you think about their game selection.

http://noobtoob.com/community/showthread.php?24338-No-Price-Cut-For-The-Wii-U

No Price Cut For The WiiU - So Iwata announced that Nintendo have no plans to lower the price of their new console. DRUMMZ79 dropped that bombshell on the community recently.

Blogs

Blogs really take a back seat over here at NooBTooB and I want to change that. I expect the community has a hell of a lot to say be it about games, films or hell knows what.

Here is a blog that stood out to me this week, in it Manio talks about his 5 favourite games of 2012 and 5 games that he disliked. Go give it a read over here.

http://noobtoob.com/community/entry.php?3978-Manio-s-The-Good-amp-The-Bad-2012 - Manio’s Good and Bad of 2012

Useful Reviews

NONE - come on guys I know its a quiet period but lets review some games. Old games, Iphone games anything.

Antichamber
    Dead Space 3
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

3 games that were released in the past 7 days. Get those reviews flowing lets hear what you thought of the games. soon we have Aliens: Colonial Marines. Lets see someone tackle that for the site.

Community Events

Again we have squat. I remember a time when we used to play Halo 3, Call of Duty and Gears of War on the regular. Loads of competitions and community nights going off lets see more of those again. Lets all pull in and play some Halo 4 with Manio or bring back the Forza night that kinda had a bit of popularity recently.

Finally I would like to make a shout out to the Modcast crew, they do a great job week in week out and their show is always interesting to listen to. It makes my daily commutes much easier for at least one day a week.

My hope with this is not to just bring more discussion to the site where discussion is deserved but to also bring back the NooBTooBer of the week. Something I think the site has been missing recently and hopefully something that in the future will make all of us strive to be better members of the community. As a general rule I will probably call a vote, infact I ask you to suggest someone in this thread as a response or along with your response and the person with the most votes will receive the prize of bugger all (well an extra mention at the bottom of this thread, but thats it). If you think this feature is not needed or that I am overstepping my mark as a member of the community (with the thread in general or the community member of the week) please let me know. I don’t want anyone to be offended by the idea I had. I just want to bring NooBTooB back. For all of us.

As this is the first NooBTooB highlight I will choose the first NooBTooBer of the week. The choice seems obvious to me, without him I don’t think there would be any NooBTooB any more. He is a vital member of the community and definitely produces more content on the site than anyone. Littleg well done.

Remember next weeks winner will be chosen by you. Nominate someone below in the comments.
  • As I was reading down this I was thinking 'I must remember to click Noobie! at the bottom after he's put all this work in', then I saw this bit...

nutta27 said:

As this is the first NooBTooB highlight I will choose the first NooBTooBer of the week. The choice seems obvious to me, without him I don’t think there would be any NooBTooB any more. He is a vital member of the community and definitely produces more content on the site than anyone. Littleg well done.

...And I had a sudden fear that noobie-ing a post that calls me NTer of the Week might look frightfully gauche.

Shucks, thanks Nutta - you're far too kind. I think this place would've got along just fine without me! Thanks a lot for doing this, I'd love for us to get back to the days when the volume of posts is so high that we need a digest of the best bits of the site. I think Kaidfather (maybe it was Kaid, I can't remember) used to do something similar a few years back and it was what MUz and I had hoped to do by re-booting the ComCast.
  • Thanks for the shout out Nutta! I love this post by the way! I really hope to see this forum thrive again one day and I think it's not impossible for us to achieve it!
  • It's a very good idea Nutta! The thing is with NooBTooB, is that it's still the one place on the net where all the people are awesome.

I like to pop in every now and again, and you can make sure that I won't stop.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week