Is the WiiU actually getting some titles?
  • It has been announced today that a successor to Super Mario Galaxy will be playable at this years E3. Iwata announced the games existence as part of today's Nintendo Direct.

As well as confirming a new Mario game he also announced a new Mario Kart game, a new Smash Bros game and also that Nintendo are hard at work on a new Legend of Zelda game for the Wii U.

I a personally glad we are going to get some new AAA titles from Nintendo in the near future because so far the Wii U line up sucks donkey balls. ZombieU has been the only game I would recommend people play. Lets also hope the new Mario game is at least a little better than New Super Mario Bros. U in fact lets hope its a hell of a lot better because that game is fucking terrible.

Thoughts?
  • As much as these titles excite me as a gamer (Smash Bros especially) it's so hard for me to make the jump to the Wii U because I know that the Microsoft/Sony consoles are going to cost an arm and a leg. Which means buying a Wii U will SEVERELY hurt my gaming budget for those consoles. As much fun as I know I would have with those titles, the online experience and fun times with my buddies I'll have on the Microsoft/Sony console is going to blow that away.

it really pains me to have to choose, but I'm going to have to wait on the Wii U for awhile. At least I have my 3DS XL to play Smash Bros!
  • Plus an "HD" remake of Wind Waker. I think the game looked great as it was.
    ---
    Really wish Nintendo would get some new IP's. ZombiU seems to be the only good/enjoyable title pushed out for the console so far.

EDIT: And I don't mean Arkham City, and whatever else they're bringing out for the WiiU. I want some good, exclusive titles. I can't justify a purchase when the big releases are always Mario, and Zelda. I lost interest with Zelda back when Twilight Princess dropped (I thought the game was okay) and it made me avoid Skyward Sword.
  • Nintendo are seriously going for my heart!

Here's the Nintendo Direct video:

[video=youtube;4MzG6lDA1A0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4MzG6lDA1A0[/video]

Skip to about 17mins for the games, the first 17mins discuss some very nice upgrades to the Wii U OS and Virtual Console stuff.

Wind Waker HD remake for Wii U.
    3D Mario (SMG3?).
    Mario Kart Wii U.
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem, for Wii U

[video=youtube;OK5-EIzDtKo]

I SERIOUSLY did not see this coming! Like, at all! But I'm so freakin' hyped! :D

----
    Here's a couple more trailers for the craic(taken from the Nintendo Direct above):

[video=youtube;6GxUMMGyZcM]

[video=youtube;J-61NKRaYjw]

[video=youtube;pUbgRxf3fLg]
  • I've never played Wind Waker, so getting a new opportunity to do so is enticing.

I think we all knew the new Mario games were coming (3D and Kart), but I am still looking forward to knowing more about them. If the new Mario game is anything like 3D Land, it will be a must have.

The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 both have my interest, but don't have my preorder. I tried the first Bayonetta, and while I thought it was good it's craziness kinda put me off a bit. As for the 101, I still don't understand what that game is. Every trailer I've seen is just confusing.

It's nice to have a vision though of what is coming out for the Wii U this year and beyond, though. Some of these are sure day one purchases, and other are wait and see. Oh, and Yoshi? Hell fucking yes!
  • jermz678 said:
    I think we all knew the new Mario games were coming (3D and Kart), but I am still looking forward to knowing more about them. If the new Mario game is anything like 3D Land, it will be a must have.

The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 both have my interest, but don't have my preorder. I tried the first Bayonetta, and while I thought it was good it's craziness kinda put me off a bit. As for the 101, I still don't understand what that game is. Every trailer I've seen is just confusing.

The new 3D Mario is being made by the same group who made Galaxy 1, 2 and Mario 3D Land. It's probably going to be freaking awesome. :)

As for Wonderful 101, I have to say I'm not quite sure too, but it seems like one of those games where you get a bunch of people to follow you around and just make stuff happen. Like Pikmin, or Little King's Story, I think. 101 strikes me as one of those really, really crazy, colourful and arcade-y looking Japanese games which are awesome games but become very rare games because they get a cult following or something.

I have to say, my interest in Nintendo has risen exponentially over the past few days. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week