[2012] Noob's Choice WINNERS
  • imageimage

Over 20 people sent in their votes for this year's Noob's Choice Awards. I am very surprised by the results, and I hope everyone else had a great time voting. Hopefully we all can be happy about which game took home what award.

Thanks for this guys. It was incredibly fun to organize, and I had a blast. Felt good to contribute something this big. Without further ado, the winners!

[CENTER]

Game Of The Year - Halo 4

Disappointment Of The Year - Diablo III

Worst Game - Dragon's Dogma

Surprise Of The Year - Dishonored

Best Competitive - Halo 4

Best Co-op - Borderlands 2

Best Soundtrack - Halo 4

Best Visuals - FarCry 3

Best New Character - Vaas (FarCry 3)

Best New IP - Dishonored

Best Story - The Walking Dead

Best Sequel - Mass Effect 3

Best Use Of Non-Traditional Controls - ZombiU

Best Shitter Game - Pokemon Black 2/White 2

Best Remake/Relaunch - Persona 4 Golden

Most Anticipated 2013 - Bioshock Infinite

Best Indie Game - Journey

Best Add-On/Expansion - Dawnguard (Skyrim)

Top 5 Games Of This Gen - The Walking Dead

Best Free-To-Play - Planetside 2

Best Game No One Played - Binary Domain

And that concludes yet another year of the Choice Awards! I thank everyone for voting and supporting my very first year of running this event. I really hope I can run it again some time. Hopefully some of these wins surprise you guys.

Thanks for voting!

[/CENTER]
  • Hooray Dawnguard! Haha. I really like the icons you made too. Nice and clean.

Happy Holidays everybody!
  • Definitely don't agree with a lot of this list. The one that stands out the most to me though is Dragon's Dogma as the worst game of the year. You guys must have not played many bad games this year, seeing as Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor and Dragon Ball Z for Kinect all came out this year, and that's not even mentioning shovelware on the WiiU like Family Party.
  • My brain is full of fuck. Dragon's Dogma as the worst game? Worst? Worst?!
  • Dragon's Dogma was fucking amazing, one of my favourite games of the year. Super happy that they are making a second.
  • Wow. NoobToob has gone full retard. This list is fucking horrendous. Even IGN can do better than this!
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Even IGN can do better than this!

Let's not get crazy, other than Dragon's Dogma, this list isn't that horrendous.
  • I am shocked by Dragon's Dogma getting worst game. :( It has just jumped up to the top of my to play list for when I finish Syndicate. I am going to make a point to get my votes in next year. And actually play some 2013 games this time. I think I played like 6 2012 games this year so far. I have more then that just sitting around. :(
  • DRUMMZ79 said:
    Let's not get crazy, other than Dragon's Dogma, this list isn't that horrendous.

After a quick look, IGN did do better than this!

This list is awful.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    After a quick look, IGN did do better than this!

This list is awful.

Damn it NoobToob. This is the last time I have blind faith in you ever again. Hahaha.
  • DRUMMZ79 said:
    Damn it NoobToob. This is the last time I have blind faith in you ever again. Hahaha.

As if seeing Dragon's Dogma as Worst Game wasn't enough, but Best Sequel is Mass Effect 3? Seriously? Come the fuck on! The NTA obviously could only afford to play 5 or 6 games this year.

Next time someone on this site goes off on a bender about the death of the game industry, I shall be directing them to this list.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    As if seeing Dragon's Dogma as Worst Game wasn't enough, but Best Sequel is Mass Effect 3?

Yeeeeah. I can't argue that. Those two were major head-scratchers for me as well.
  • Seriously? This list is depressing.
  • Over 20 people sent in their votes

This is more depressing than the actual result. Poor NooBTooB. How I miss your bustling forums.
  • I'm pretty bummed too. I heard nothing but good things about Dragon's Dogma. However, the votes shown that people thought it was bad. Shame.

If only more people voted.
  • Something doesn't seem quite right with this list....
  • I'm glad no one played I am Alive, obviously, seeing as a game from all accounts I've heard is pretty damn good. Most of those accounts being you guys.....

Dawnguard best expansion? Really? C'mon guys we really didn't give Artorias DLC that one? I am disappointed in you fellow Dark Souls cadets!

And weren't most of you guys the ones who were shitting on Mass Effect 3 all year long and hailing the almighty Halo 4 and Far Cry 3?

IGN really did do better....nonetheless good job organizing this Manio.
  • Although Dragons Dogma is a really great game, the travel system is horrible. Almost game breaking horrible for me. If you can't fast travel to anywhere you've been, at least let me run for longer than 10 seconds at a time. Other then that the game is alot of fun and challenging.
  • itstheletterfive said:
    Although Dragons Dogma is a really great game, the travel system is horrible. Almost game breaking horrible for me. If you can't fast travel to anywhere you've been, at least let me run for longer than 10 seconds at a time. Other then that the game is alot of fun and challenging.

But you could fast travel. The game just doesn't let you have it right off the bat, it was a bit more like Dark Souls. You had to work for it. By my 2nd playthrough I had strategically placed travel crystals placed about the major key locations and was teleporting all over the place.
  • Seriously, Halo 4? I can't understand why this game is so loved in USA, I know it has many fans here(in Europe)too, but as far as I know in US it is crazy popular. And I think Diablo 3 is the biggest winner of this year. Every single site wrote(Kotaku for example)that this game was the biggest disappointment, but they gave it 8/10, 9/10, etc. And people are still playing it, although it cost so much. This is how Acti-Blizz is so rich, they are sorcerers!
  • NoobToob, I am disappoint.
    This gives the spike tv awards a run for its money.

Gotta say though, that picture of Vaas for his award... Hilarious! xD
  • I should have stopped reading as soon as I saw that Halo 4 was GOTY.
  • The more that I read over this list, the more the I feel ashamed that I tried to defend it. This is worse than I originally thought.
  • If we bitch though, its our faults for not voting. Then again, popular vote - this sounds about right.

I'm a member of the Finer Things Club.
  • Where on the forum was the link to choose for the Noob's Choice awarda, this is the first i see about it, i always go through the front page and i didn't see it there, was it even stickied? i demand a recount, this election was rigged!
  • Epke said:
    Where on the forum was the link to choose for the Noob's Choice awarda, this is the first i see about it, i always go through the front page and i didn't see it there, was it even stickied? i demand a recount, this election was rigged!

I had it stickied but didn't have the permissions to post it on the front-page.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week