Yakuza 5 News
  • [CENTER]
    [video=youtube;j1zw8AJx6zY]

It's almost here! December 6 for Japan, the rest of the world, who knows?

It's looking like an enormous game. 5 lead characters each with seperate alternate storyline, 100's of mini games and places to go, and 5 major cities to explore. As usual loads of real Japanese brands and stores are in there as well as a bunch of well known actors providing voices.

Please don't suck!!
  • The demo is up now.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:

You're a fan?

The demo is quite good. It's a Yakuza game. Plenty of mini games and side quests, the story already has me interested, and the combat system feels pretty good to me. I will post a full jizz explosion sometime after December 6th when I've put some time into the full game. If you have a Japanese PSN account, no excuses people, try it out!
  • Dr Flibble said:
    You're a fan?

Of Yakuza or Miku? ;)

I own the previous 4 main games. I like them. They have fun settings and an enjoyable, somewhat over-the-top feel to them. Sometimes I wish they were a bit bigger, but with 5 cities, looks like this one rectifies that.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Of Yakuza or Miku? ;)

I meant Miku :p

I hope SEGA put the Yakuza 1&2 HD release out in Europe and the US too. It's one of the better HD releases imo (if not THE best) since they didn't just up the graphics and slap some trophies on, they actually went in and fixed some stuff, like the combat system. You can now move the camera in combat and you aren't trapped going in one direction when you start a combo. So it's a bit like Yakuza 3 style combat grafted into the earlier games. It's all very cool.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    I meant Miku :p

Oh, yeah. Total Miku fanboy. I want to go to one of her stateside concerts at some point. Even imported the Project Diva games...
  • Dr Flibble said:
    You're a fan?

The demo is quite good. It's a Yakuza game. Plenty of mini games and side quests, the story already has me interested, and the combat system feels pretty good to me. I will post a full jizz explosion sometime after December 6th when I've put some time into the full game. If you have a Japanese PSN account, no excuses people, try it out!

I'm ready.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week