Mechanical Keyboards - Multi-Coloured Backlighting
  • Hey NoobToob Army,

Would anyone know why (from a technical stand-point) Mechanical Keyboards have not been brought out with the multicolored back-lighting? (like the G19, or G510 etc.)

I currently have a G19, and have become so use to being able to change the colour of the back-lighting to what ever i want...and not having this option in mechanical keyboards is one of the reasons I haven't made the switch; I know it seems trivial, but its something I have come to want in a gaming keyboard.

Cheers,
    Drake
  • What are you talking about Willis? There are plenty, from Deck to Das to Max. They might be slightly on the costier side of things but they are there.
  • Jerom said:
    What are you talking about Willis? There are plenty, from Deck to Das to Max. They might be slightly on the costier side of things but they are there.

Really?...I haven't seen any Mechanical keyboards that allow you to change the colour of the backlighting like the G19 or G510 does. I mean i've seen the mechanical keyboards that have different options to purchase, but you cannot change the colour of it once you get it (static colour). Could you direct me to an instance of one?
  • A fair point. Everything I've listed you select a color on purchase and can only change the brightness on the fly. Most of them offer single color for the entire keyboard. Max allows you to customize different colors for individual keys but again everything is set before you buy it. One have to assume that it's the issue of cost. Which is slightly surprising, I wonder if there is really so little demand for on the fly color customization mechanical keyboards. Which , I guess, brings us to the real question would you pay upwards of 200 $ for such a keyboard?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week