GamrRank.com - it's where I went.
  • Hey guys,

Those of you who remember when I had a heavy forum presence know that I went off into the wild blue yonder, and wrote for a while at DigitalNoob in a writer capacity, then ended up taking on a very real and super cool job at GamrRank.com - so I'm here to pimp it.

So, basically, it's like a low-impact, non-intrusive Facebook for games - which sounds kinda ehhh to a lot of people, but here's why I personally think it's neat.

1. It's non-intrusive. That means when you link your Twitter or FB account, it's NOT going to do anything that shits up your feeds. It's not going to force people there, and you have to consciously hit the right buttons if you DO want it to tweet or post for you. Raptr it ain't - what a busted model THAT is. We all hate seeing that spammy shit, so it's definitely a big sticking point to keep it from shitting on your things. It can connect to your Youtube, FB, Twitter, XBL, PSN, Steam, WoW and Twitch accounts and more. And it never EVER shits up any of them.

2. Low impact. You don't have to maintain it every day. Ideally you do, but you don't have to.

3. Meta Achievements. We have a set of medals (and they're growing every day, they just debuted today so bear with us) that you can gain. Special ones that span multiple games - like we have one for being max driver level in Forza 2, 3, 4, and Horizon. Lots of neat things. Also we have a ton of WoW medals.

4. Here's the FB comparison - you have a stream (feed, whatever you'd like to call it) of your friends (people you follow, etc) and their achievements they get. You can upvote them (marked, 'Respect') or comment. And it brings people together with common interests or goals. What if you're Dr. Flibble and you see a dude you know get a co-op achievement you don't have? Respect that - and post a comment if you need his help, because Binary Domain's co-op multi is a graveyard. It's designed to be really super easy to contact other people in this fashion.

Anyway so, bottom line is I'm asking everyone here to check it out. It's beta invite key only, so just post in here if you want a key to take a look. I wouldn't shill something I didn't think was great, so I'm shilling this because I believe it truly is a good thing that won't make you look like a doofus (unlike so many others that auto-tweet for you...ugh) - so post in here if you want a key.

Here's a picture of my current dashboard there. I need to hit level 50 in Borderlands 2 to unlock another medal...

http://gamrrank.com
  • It's a pretty rad site, been a member now for a while. Mad props to you, and Locke for getting me into it.
  • That's pretty cool, can I get a beta key? Thanks
  • Ligerzero said:
    That's pretty cool, can I get a beta key? Thanks

C6AB2FCFF6

Let me know if it gives you any issues.
  • it worked, thanks
  • Looks neat. I'm kind of a sucker for stats I guess, as I'm already on 360voice, Raptr, Playfire (wish I wasn't, what a crappy site), TrueAchievements, etc. If I could get a key that'd be cool, thanks.
  • i need a key too!
  • PM'd both of you keys.
  • Ligerzero said:
    PM'd both of you keys.

Shoot, thanks Liger - I'm out of betas, I churned through 50 of them today somehow. :x
  • I'll take a beta key whenever you have any extra!
  • Crimson said:
    I'll take a beta key whenever you have any extra!

Hey, I PMd you a key. :)
  • I will have more beta keys soon, but thanks for filling in you guys while you can.

Make sure to follow your pals!

http://gamrrank.com/Sunflower

I should have a blog post up on their site today too. :)

I definitely want to get more feedback about how you'd use the site, what you'd use it for, things you like, and things you don't. So let me know.
  • I'll take a key if you guys still have one. This looks interesting.
  • SpaceOfSoul said:
    I'll take a key if you guys still have one. This looks interesting.

9FC6AB2DC88153632DF37A

There you go.

FYI PSN gives us a lot less to work with than Xbox's Achievements - but we're what we can.
  • Sunflower said:
    9FC6AB2DC88153632DF37A

There you go.

FYI PSN gives us a lot less to work with than Xbox's Achievements - but we're what we can.

Thanks sunny, it's all good. I'm actually planning on picking up an Xbox soon. Friend of mine just got 3 consoles for free and he asked if I wanted one. Just gotta pay him the $100
  • Looks like a fun site! When I have a few minutes to rub together I'll get myself signed up!
  • Ligerzero said:
    PM'd both of you keys.

Thanks ,ligerzero
  • Epke said:
    Thanks ,ligerzero

Just saw you sign up, a flood of bad PS3 game trophies just popped. Hahahaha :D
  • Add me to the list! Sounds pretty awesome, hope to see it pan out!
  • Sunflower said:
    Just saw you sign up, a flood of bad PS3 game trophies just popped. Hahahaha :D

There is no such thing as Bad trophies only bad Games! Puff PM me your facebook or email then i can invite you!

Oh and let us know if your Handle is different than the one in Noobtoob mine is off course Epke!
  • puff said:
    Add me to the list! Sounds pretty awesome, hope to see it pan out!

Here you go: 9FC6AB2DC887776727BCF4

Should have a couple new things today or tomorrow, so stay tuned...
  • Update! We added some more new medals - Condemned 1 and 2 medal, Street Fighter 4/SSF4 one, Sleeping Dogs medals, L4D/L4D2 ones, and much more. Take a glance... :)
  • Looks interesting. Can I have a beta key please?
  • monochromaticx said:
    Looks interesting. Can I have a beta key please?

yessser

Here's 3 up for grabs in fact:

24CB6B8D5D

46D68F1BD4

CA219E282A
  • Thanks puff! I nicked the first code.
  • Epkenstein gave me a beta code the other day and well since Sunny made an example of me in the OP I feel compelled to join :p

I expect good things Mr Flower!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week