Got myself a ps3 and I dont know what games to get
  • Hello . I just bought a ps3 and the only games I have is BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Tales of grace f . I would like some advice on what games I should buy ... I like rpg , jrpg , platformers ,fighting , hack and slash .
    Hope you can help me guys :D .
    Thanks.
  • Maybe your local library would have loanable console games. Got any friends whole older PS3 titles your could borrow?
    Browse Metacritic's PS3 pages here, select by genre: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/date/action/ps3?view=detailed
  • Do you have any other consoles and if you do you only want first party? Here are some games that might be worth looking at (PSN titles are in italics and console exclusives are in bold):

RPG
    • Costume Quest
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Fallout 3 (Bethesda games are known to have issues on PS3 so keep that in mind)
    • Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda games are known to have issues on PS3 so keep that in mind)
    • Heavy Rain
    • L.A. Noire
    • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    • Mass Effect 2 (they are releasing a collection with all 3 Mass Effect games soon)
    • Mass Effect 3 (they are releasing a collection with all 3 Mass Effect games soon)
    • Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda games are known to have issues on PS3 so keep that in mind and they are having issues trying to bring DLC to the PS3)

JRPG
    • 3D Dot Game Heroes
    • Dark Souls
    • Demon's Souls
    • Dragon's Dogma
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Valkyria Chronicles

Platformers
    • BloodRayne: Betrayal
    • Braid
    • Jak and Daxter Collection
    • Journey
    • Lego Batman: The Videogame
    • Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    • Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
    • LIMBO
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • LittleBigPlanet 2
    • Outland
    • Ratchet & Clank Collection
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    • Rayman Origins
    • Sonic Generations
    • The Sly Collection
    • Trine 2

Fighting
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
    • Street Fighter X Tekken
    • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (there are many versions of SF4 but this is the latest)
    • Tekken 6
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (there are other versions of MvC3 but this is the latest)

There are other games like BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Persona 4 Arena, SoulCalibur IV, SoulCalibur V, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Skullgirls, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins but I have not played any of these. Also if you count Wrestling and UFC games as fighters there are plenty of those out too.

Hack and Slash
    • Devil May Cry 4
    • God of War Collection
    • God of War III
    • God of War: Origins Collection
    • God of War Saga
    • Heavenly Sword
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Other
    • Assassin's Creed II
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • BioShock
    • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops
    • Flower
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Gran Turismo 5
    • inFamous
    • inFamous 2
    • Killzone 2
    • Killzone 3
    • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    • Portal 2
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Rock Band 3 (requires instrument controllers)
    • Tokyo Jungle
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

There are plenty of other games but I've not tried them or I can't remember them right now so this list isn't a complete list (from my point of view). Also a lot of the "collections" are just up-res'ed versions of old PS2 or PSP games.
  • Thanks guys for all you're help :D
  • Armadilo has pretty much summed it up.

There are some neat indie games that you can get on the PlayStation Network. I'm not sure if its on the psn or not but Trials evolution HD (not sure if its 360 only) is something that could be fun for you. Also in the PSN you can get a lot of demos to games I would recommend getting some of those and seeing what games you like that way. Just keep in mind some demos don't represent what the game will be like.
  • Rhagna said:
    Armadilo has pretty much summed it up.

There are some neat indie games that you can get on the PlayStation Network. I'm not sure if its on the psn or not but Trials evolution HD (not sure if its 360 only) is something that could be fun for you. Also in the PSN you can get a lot of demos to games I would recommend getting some of those and seeing what games you like that way. Just keep in mind some demos don't represent what the game will be like.

Sadly, both versions of Trials are locked up by Microsoft, although I think PSN has the original Joe Danger if you're after that sort of thing.
  • armadilo hit pretty much all of them on the head. I'd also add SkullGirls and Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown if you'd like some cheap fighters for download
  • I would also recommend you Resonance of Fate, it's from tri-ace and if you like yourself some survival horror then Siren: Blood Curse it's made by the director of the first silent hill, also i think yakuza series is kinda like a jrpg but with some basic hack and slash combat, so i would recommend you yakuza 3 and 4 too.
    From ps store i think you would enjoy Hard Corps Uprising , it's like a prequel to contra hard corps made by arksystems , with daysuke ishiwatari music and all , so if you like BB and GG , you'll probably enjoy this game , arcade mode is hard as balls.
    In the hack and slash department , you should definitely play bayonetta , pretty much and amazing hack and slash game , as over the top as the first DMC felt when it came out , it's full of sega and older platinum games easter eggs, beware tho to download and install the patch before playing it , because without data install the game loads quite a lot.
  • keihart said:
    I would also recommend you Resonance of Fate, it's from tri-ace and if you like yourself some survival horror then Siren: Blood Curse it's made by the director of the first silent hill, also i think yakuza series is kinda like a jrpg but with some basic hack and slash combat, so i would recommend you yakuza 3 and 4 too.

I totally forgot about the Yakuza games, those games are really good.
  • Would like to add to the list, ones that I found enjoyable. Though amardilo hit the list spot on.

Jrpgs
    Star ocean the last hope
    Eternal sonata
    White knight chronicles

Hack and slash
    Bayonetta
    Dante's inferno (short and similar to god of war, but a good game none the less)
    Scott pilgrim vs. the world the game
    Alice: madness returns
    El shaddai : ascension of the metatron (more of a plat former but has that hack and slash feel..)
    Castle crashers (platformer/ adventure)

Puzzle
    Catherine
    Chime super deluxe

Rpg
    Dungeon hunter alliance

Adventure
    Katamari forever
    Mirrors edge (platformer adventure)

Rhythm
    Child of Eden
    Sound shapes
    Now I would say dj hero... But it gets old real fast. Fun but gets boring quick...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week