Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD collection
  • Teaser site http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/

The hd collection is supposed to include
    Kingdom hearts 1 final mix
    Kingdom hearts Re:Chain of memories
    Hd scenes of 358/2 days

What do you guys think?
    Now there is no release mention that it will reach stateside or Europe. Though would be great to get my hands on the final mix. And it's quite obvious that there's going to be another hd collection probably containing kingdom hearts 2, birth by sleep and probably scenes of coded.

Would make sense to release this to get players caught up with the series and hyped up for kingdom hearts 3
  • I think that is exactly what they are doing. The biggest complaint I hear about KH is how spread out it is over multiple systems. This is the best way to fix that. Although it is unfortunate that we only get the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. But I understand that converting a DS game to the PS3 would probably take a lot of time since they would most likely just have to rebuild the game entirely. But I am still extremely excited for this.
  • I guess that could make sense, but why doesn't 358/2 Days not have trophies? Pretty Random nof them not to include that.
  • puff said:
    I guess that could make sense, but why doesn't 358/2 Days not have trophies? Pretty Random nof them not to include that.

Well it's just hd cutscenes scenes. Being rewarded just by watching a film that's already unlocked to begin with is somewhat of a easy trophy. Yea I know some games have some strange ones like "starting a new game" , but I'd rather have a trophy that make it feel rewarding than just the addictive "ding"
  • Goddam it. Why can't they just put KH1: Final Mix, KH2: Final Mix and BBS: Final Mix. Then we'd all be happy.
  • FirLocke said:
    Goddam it. Why can't they just put KH1: Final Mix, KH2: Final Mix and BBS: Final Mix. Then we'd all be happy.

They are probably saving KH2FM and BbSFM for a "2.5" collection or something. But I am still really happy about this.
  • 2.5 is def the other one.
  • I was just looking on PSN last month for KH1. This will most likely be a day one purchase for me.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xYDcekBaNM&feature=colike

Here is the trailer from TGS. The character models used in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix are the updated ones from Re:CoM. Also, the last line of the action menu is gone and was replaced with something similar to the reaction commands of KH2. For example, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the menu to use abilities like Ars Arcanum or Ragnarok in battle, you just have to hit triangle when prompted to.

As for 358/2 Days, the scene that is shown in the trailer was originally a text-only scene so it looks like they are turning those into fully voiced scenes for Theater Mode.
  • I think all who is interested in KH is already pretty much hyped for KH3, I remember how mad was ppl on the comments under the KH: Dream Drop Distance trailer. But I think it is good to release something to sum it up. I will watch 358/2 days cutscenes with big smile on my face
    Spoiler:
    (and with tears at the end :( )
  • Scirm said:
    I think all who is interested in KH is already pretty much hyped for KH3, I remember how mad was ppl on the comments under the KH: Dream Drop Distance trailer. But I think it is good to release something to sum it up. I will watch 358/2 days cutscenes with big smile on my face
    Spoiler:
    (and with tears at the end :( )

I agree, 358/2 Days is certainly one of the best entries in the KH series in terms of story. Definitely the strongest emotionally.
  • I really loved KH and KH2 but I feel that I'm missing too much of the story; this would help straighten things out before 3, yes?
  • It would, as Chain of Memories serves as a bridge gap entry between KH1 and KH2. It's rather important story wise, and also has the most unique battle system in the series. Although unfortunately most people found that the battle system was just annoying.

358/2 days doesn't actually affect the overall scheme of things but has a very good self-contained story.

Assuming Birth By Sleep will be included in the 2.5 collection then that'll be all of the important games covered, except for the latest 3DS one, which I assume won't be on the 2.5 collection.
  • What is a shame, because KH3D is pretty good. It is not as good as KH1 and KH2, but the battle system and
    Spoiler:
    splitting it for two characters
    have brought something new to the DS system. And the graphics is gooorgeous - beside that,
    Spoiler:
    I like pokemon thing too.
  • Damn it. As much as I love the KH series I really don't want to shell out the money for a PS3 just to play this. Damn it.
  • Wwll, I haven't even heard a chirp about this. Now that I do, my lifeline dream is drawing near, I should probably save up w/ a Blood-Pumping Smiling heart. lol, get it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week