PS3 Super Slim
  • It's a 20% smaller and 25% lighter ps3 and doesn't have a slot bluray drive anymore.

Is it a smart move to release a new version so late in the ps3's life?
    [video=youtube;nwOsZbZYZTE]
  • So...... they PSP Go'd the PS3? Seems like a waste of time and resources.
  • Ugly, but I also don't care how ugly it looks. I don't think my entertainment looks "sexy" and I've never been someone who requires his consoles to look a certain way.
  • Apparently this one is much cheaper to produce, so it saves Sony some money. I think it looks a lot better than the first Slim, that thing was terrible looking, to me.

They should have waited longer and maybe tried hit the $199 price point, though. Not sure how much of a boost this can get. The strong Yen is biting Sony's butt right now.
  • Chip said:
    So...... they PSP Go'd the PS3? Seems like a waste of time and resources.

Nah, I think they've switched from a slot drive to a disk tray. I can see an eject button on there.
  • Littleg said:
    Nah, I think they've switched from a slot drive to a disk tray. I can see an eject button on there.

Yeah, they didn't completely do away with it playing blu-rays, they just switch from slot to tray. It actually looks pretty neat, though the sound it makes is kind of worrying.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/videos/new-ps3-disc-tray-opening-URgeBUl5Ae2vB
  • I am hoping this news puts the original slims on sale. If so I may make a purchase of one of those. Upgrade from my sexy phat 80 gig model.
  • nutta27 said:
    I am hoping this news puts the original slims on sale. If so I may make a purchase of one of those. Upgrade from my sexy phat 80 gig model.

I just read that Sony wont be cutting the price.
    According to SCE America's VP of marketing John Koller, it's the consumers that don't want to see any changes. 'There's no price drop formally, but the thing that's been hapening in the market over the last year or so is that there's been many retail price promotions, and so many different gift card offers and all those things being done by all of us (Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony), that we've heard from our consumer, 'Enough will all these weird price moves. What we really want is content and games and value,'' he said in an interview with Engadget.

On phone right now will provide link later.
  • Its the slim slim
  • Why did they increase the price for this new model? :( I thought they wanted to increase PS3 buyers not alienate them with even higher prices. :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week