Noobtoob Gaming 101 #08 Mirror's Edge (Sept 2012)
  • More details to follow when I can keep my eyes open. Remember, no walkthroughs!


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IadoLmnOyIc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • I will possibly jump in on this one I intended to last month but I got so far into deus ex on release and then lost steam that i really couldn't be arsed but mirrors edge is still sealed on my shelf at home.
  • Mirror's Edge. How I wanted to love thee. I will probably sit this one out. I played the game back in the day and hated it.
  • This is Exactly why I DIDN'T participate in the previous 101s. Either I really love to deeply enjoy the game with everyone, but don't have. Or (Like now) I already played it and SOLD the game... So, unfortunately I'm gonna pass this one too. : / BUT in honor of picking a good game, I'll keep it's theme on for the rest of the month... teasing myself. Enjoy everyone. : )
  • I sold it too, but it's like 5$ so I'll get it back. Nice choice, kinda dissapointed it's not SOTD though
  • Awesome, gonna follow this. been wanting to play it again. Will probably get on tomorrow after work.
  • I don't own this game and thought I wouldn't participate, but BestBuy had it used for $7.99 and I get free shipping so I'm in. :) It should arrive between Wed. and and Fri. this week. In the mean time, I'm going to try and get thru Mark of the Ninja on xbla. :)
  • I totally didn't expect this to be honest, I'll try getting Mirror's Edge during the week!
  • I'll pass. Played the demo a long time ago and didn't enjoy the game.
  • Maybe i'll play a little of this, if i can find it, now where did i put that suckaa!
  • No updates? I am disappointed :/
  • Started it up and got through 3 levels. Not too fun but I'll push on a bit more. Great level design but it feels like if you're failing at all at a certain part it just kills the flow and rhythm of the game, which is in my opinion the game's strongest suit. It's just too trial and error for a timing based flow/rhythm game. Much like parkour itself, if you fail it's not all that much fun anymore. Looks pretty although the cutscenes look A LOT like an eSurance commercial.......

    [video=youtube;EMUFb71fClk]


    Story isn't all that interesting either. Pretty average game that could've been quite a bit better with a more polished developer. Great idea, meh game.
  • I got nothing, this hasn't even been installed on my Xbox yet. This maybe hasn't been a great month to try to run a 101, there's just too much real life going on in life at the moment. At some point this week I'll start a new thread looking for suggestions for the October 101 (assuming people are up for it?), but I think it might be an idea if I pass the baton of curating the event onto someone else.
  • Littleg said:
    I got nothing, this hasn't even been installed on my Xbox yet. This maybe hasn't been a great month to try to run a 101, there's just too much real life going on in life at the moment. At some point this week I'll start a new thread looking for suggestions for the October 101 (assuming people are up for it?), but I think it might be an idea if I pass the baton of curating the event onto someone else.


    Fair enough Littleg. If I recall correctly though, the NooBTooB 101 events, in the past, have only run during the summer months. Mainly because not many good games come out during that time. With the months leading up to Christmas, there's loads of releases people are looking forward to and will be playing. I don't think hosting 101's for the rest of the year would be a good idea.
  • FirLocke said:
    Fair enough Littleg. If I recall correctly though, the NooBTooB 101 events, in the past, have only run during the summer months. Mainly because not many good games come out during that time. With the months leading up to Christmas, there's loads of releases people are looking forward to and will be playing. I don't think hosting 101's for the rest of the year would be a good idea.


    I agree. But next summer could we start a little earlier? It gets hectic at the pool starting around August. I was barely able to finish Deus Ex. :)
  • vampirelich said:
    I agree. But next summer could we start a little earlier? It gets hectic at the pool starting around August. I was barely able to finish Deus Ex. :)


    Definitely. It'll be on for July most certainly anyway. That seems to be the most dead month of the year :P.

    If I host it, I can't promise any videos. :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week