The 2012-2013 NFL Season
  • Some new stuff this year:
    > Replacement Officials starting week 1,ref lockout resumes, another reason to whine about the sport's decline in quality.
    > Chad Ochocinco changes back name to Chad Johnson when he realizes it doesn't look very good on a job resume, a revelation he made from the brain shake caused by headbutting his wife.
    > 4 Saints players banned for year, coach banned, draft picks taken away, fines,etc. over Bountygate
    > Peyton Manning back, signs with Broncos, still has a grossly large forehead and is still a douche.
    > Andrew Luck drafted 1st overall to Colts.
    > Ryan Matthews injured on 1st play of preseason. Don't worry Rivers got this.....
    > Giants won Super Bowl last year after finishing 9-7, lol, lol, and lolololol
    > Seahawks start 5th round pick in front of QB that has played one game. Tough decision, but we'll see.
    >Ryan Tannehill drafted 8th over all by Dolphins, Brandon Weeden drafted 22nd by Browns. Just lol, just lol.
    >Tim Tebow traded to Jets, will run wildcat. Mother of God.

Time for the best of the four seasons, Football Season!
  • Was not expecting the cowboys to win. Who's this ogletree guy?
  • All four starters in the Lions secondary will miss week 1, and this comes after we already released one of our "best" (read: least worst) corners in the offseason. The Rams will be an easy win, but our secondary might be even worse than last year, oh boy. And then we're already way over the cap for next year (and we just deffered more salary down the line so it's getting worse instead of better), so we're going to have to cut people. Vanden Bosch is gone for sure after this year, and I think Burleson will be too, and Fairley also once he disappoints again this year. Avril will probably be too expensive to retain if he has another really good year. We have so much money tied up in some players because we had so many top draft picks before the rookie wage scale.

We might have to take a step backwards next year before we can move forwards again, because we are so crunched for cap space and our O-line is old as hell.
  • Ogletree wasn't even the top pick by most to become the no. 3 receiver, but he did and luckily helped his team shut those Giants fans the hell up! Can't wait for Chargers vs. Raiders, I think we added a lot of depth, improved our pass rush and improved the O line a lot too, which IMO was what held Rivers back and kept us out of the playoffs. Excited!
  • I think Peyton's back
  • That's a lot of swass.
  • ahahahahahahaha

I think the ravens can go all the way this year.
  • anyone interested in a suicide pool. It's where each week we will choose a team that we think will win, if you get it wrong you're out and we do this till one person's left.
  • Ligerzero said:
    anyone interested in a suicide pool. It's where each week we will choose a team that we think will win, if you get it wrong you're out and we do this till one person's left.

Sounds cool. Sure
  • Hope we get more people, seems like there's only a handful of people in this thread.
  • Cutler really stunk up the place last night.
  • Ligerzero said:
    Cutler really stunk up the place last night.

Aye, I miss the good ol days of Rivers whipping him and the Broncos ass then trash talking Cutler's whiny ass as he walked off in shame.

Anyways, good win for the Chargers on Monday, but we really need Ryan Matthews back. Both of my fantasy teams lost, one of them by 1 point too ;P
  • Forbes came out with the list of most overpaid players. who were you surprised was on it, and who do you think should be on it that wasn't. I think Chris Johnson needs to be on the list, so far he's only got a yard per carry average.

David Harris (New York Jets) $12 million
    Karlos Dansby (Miami Dolphins) $10.7 million
    Jonathan Joseph (Houston Texans) $9.75 million
    Mercedes Lewis (Jacksonville Jaguars) $9.6 million
    Santonio Holmes (New York Jets) $9.25 million
    DeAngelo Williams (Carolina Panthers) $8.7 million
    Antonio Cromartie (New York Jets) $8.25 million
    Sidney Rice (Seattle Seahawks) $8.2 million
    Vernon Davis (San Francisco 49ers) $8 million
    Darren McFadden (Oakland Raiders) $7.8 million.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/338705/the-most-overpaid-player-in-the-nfl-is/#iBcqjrkVjrrW35Xw.99
  • Ligerzero said:
    Forbes came out with the list of most overpaid players. who were you surprised was on it, and who do you think should be on it that wasn't. I think Chris Johnson needs to be on the list, so far he's only got a yard per carry average.

David Harris (New York Jets) $12 million
    Karlos Dansby (Miami Dolphins) $10.7 million
    Jonathan Joseph (Houston Texans) $9.75 million
    Mercedes Lewis (Jacksonville Jaguars) $9.6 million
    Santonio Holmes (New York Jets) $9.25 million
    DeAngelo Williams (Carolina Panthers) $8.7 million
    Antonio Cromartie (New York Jets) $8.25 million
    Sidney Rice (Seattle Seahawks) $8.2 million
    Vernon Davis (San Francisco 49ers) $8 million
    Darren McFadden (Oakland Raiders) $7.8 million.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/338705/the-most-overpaid-player-in-the-nfl-is/#iBcqjrkVjrrW35Xw.99

I think it's a pretty terrible list. Cromartie and Dansby are the best defensive players on extremely defensive-focused teams. Davis, Holmes, Rice and Mcfadden are debatabley the best weapons their respective QBs have. I mean yeah they're overpaid, after all, they DO play in the NFL, but still not the best choices. Where's Sanchez on there?
  • Man these refs are bad, I wish the 49er's would have won then there will be a real shit storm.

Oh man the Sunday night game was even worse.
  • Yes! Yes! Yes! Seahawks win! Ahahahahaha the refs are gonna get killed.
  • Ligerzero said:
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Seahawks win! Ahahahahaha the refs are gonna get killed.

Greatest regular season game in NFL history. EHHMAHGERD YESSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Oh man, clay Mathews just posted Goodells phone number on Facebook.

http://i.imgur.com/5T3rQ.png

If I should not be posing the pic someone please tell me and I'll delete it.
  • Ligerzero said:
    Oh man, clay Mathews just posted Goodells phone number on Facebook.

That's a fan page and not actually a post from Matthews. Still its his legit office number :D
  • It's not just Goodell, the owners are part of the negotiations, too. That's a lot more people to call. :P
  • Officials lockout is finally over.
  • The Jets are a joke.

Hope Dallas fans got a refund that game was terrible.
  • Lions remaining schdule:

Bye
    @ Philadelphia
    @ Chicago
    Seattle
    @ Jacksonville
    @ Minnesota
    Green Bay
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    @ Green Bay
    @ Arizona
    Atlanta
    Chicago

So 6-10 or so. Sigh. It was nice to have one good year for a franchise that's been the worst in professional sports in the 21st century.
  • Man that's a tough schedule, they really needed to have a good start.
  • Are the jets done, out Revis and Holmes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week