YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
  • The Gaming Gods finally fucking listened to me!!

November 1, 2012. PS3 Exclusive. No idea if it will see a release outside of Japan.
  • Hopefully I see it over here, and hopefully they'll keep the original voices. Yakuza 1 was...special... in its own way.

Why can't we get Kenzan :(
  • :) Solid, I'll pick it up if it makes it to the U.S.
  • I'd rather the Yakuza games we never got, but anyway.

*Still wants SQEX HD games*
  • Any news on international releasage?
  • And now, coming to the WiiU.

[video=youtube;G3BqHbga7Tg]
  • Never played a Yakuza game, but with the hype I have seen in Tobin and Yuzos podcast and the noobtoob community. I just might pick it up.
  • Damn, man, you have to pick it up. These games are crazy awesome.

The previous Japanese Nintendo Direct gave us hope that Yakuza 1 & 2 HD might see the light of day in the West after it was announced for the Wii U in Japan, but Sega’s chief creative officer Toshihiro Nagoshi says it is better described as ‘an experiment’ to gauge people’s reactions.

In an interview – which can be seen here – the Yakuza producer was asked a series of questions pertaining to the release of the series, due out in Japan August 8, and whether we’d see it, eventually, come to the Nintendo 3DS. Here’s what Nagoshi had to say, published by Kotaku:

“To be honest, we’re not aiming to see if the game will be a smash hit. Our real intention is that we want to see how people respond. The existing [Wii U] users are different [from PlayStation owners], so isn’t it hard to say if it makes sense? It isn’t jumping ship to Nintendo hardware – Yakuza 1 & 2 are coming out on the Wii U, and this is what it is.

“[A 3DS version] is not possible. I’d do it if it were okay to have a Yakuza game without many people walking around the city… But it would be forcing it, no?”

From: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/28/toshihiro-nagoshi-yakuza-is-an-experiment-on-wii-u/
  • Never played it, but if it hits the US for the Wii U, that'll be a reason to pick one up!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week