Who/What Is Your Favorite Movie Monster?
  • A simple discussion topic. What/who is your favorite movie monster, and why? If possible show-case a clip/trailer showcasing them in action. So, let's get down to business! Favorite movie monster, and why are they your favorite?

[CENTER]

Xenomorphs
    Ever since I saw the first Alien film I've been drawn to these movie monsters. They're my favorite horror icon, and by far the scariest creature I could imagine. Alien was a brilliant film, and I loved the sequel Aliens, but everything after those two films has been kinda sub-par compared to what we experienced in the first two films. Why do I like them? Easy, they're scary as hell.

They're incredibly stealthy, fast and are great at dispatching people quickly. Who wouldn't be scared of one of these things hunting you in the dark? Their tail can decapitate, and impale people, their tongue is technically another mouth which can be used to punch holes in skulls, and it's how they heal themselves, by eating corpses. Not to mention they have acid blood, and reproduce/become what they are by little Facehuggers that impregnate a host, and then these awesome guys pop out as Chestbursters and evolve into the Xenomorph. It's the perfect parasite, and in my opinion the perfect killer. I'd rather face a Predator then one of these bad boys.

[CENTER][youtube]odE3uchCxzU[/youtube]
    Not the clip that made me love them, but it's a showcase of their kills. Fun times.
    [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]
  • No movie monsters are like the Cenobites from Hellraiser, i particular Pinhead.
    [video=youtube;seA-WuARnps]

"i have such sights to show you!"
  • Xenomorphs from the Alien series is probably my favorite for all the reasons you mentioned.

Another honorable mentions is The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth. A creepy, obscure monster with a taste for children and holes for eyes in his palms.

Not physically formidable at all as it just shambles about, frail and baggy with all the loose skin, but it's more about what the monster represents. To me anyway, symbolizing the cold ruthlessness of the corrupted government, brutally destroying innocent lives, punishing disobedience, but ultimately wasting away from its own desires. It's just...CREEPY.

[video=youtube;1VEp1qeITow]
  • Weeeeeeeeelllllllllll, as a kid I loved.........

[video=youtube;3khTntOxX-k]

I've never been fond of monsters so I don't really have a favourite one, but I love everything that's in Neverending Story. I loved that movie so much when I was a kid. Loved the dragon, the Stone Giant, the Snail. Gosh, I need to see that movie again to remember all of their names, it's been years!

*Btw, I remembered this because I happen to spot this thread while listening to this song over a music channel. Brilliant timing :D.

*I just realized all your posts have scary looking monsters....erm I guess mine provide contrast! :D I mean, do monsters HAVE to be scary!?

*ATREYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • The Thing from The Thing (1982)
    [video=youtube;832UnfMJyKs]
  • I gotta go with the xenomorph from Alien. The queen one is also scary, and I even like the dog one from Alien 3 (which is not a bad movie at all), but I can't not pick the OG xenomorph.
  • Another monster I failed to mention was "Fornicus" from Cabin In The Woods. If you haven't seen the film yet, please do. It's coming out on DVD very soon, and my fuck is it amazing. Probably the best "horror" film I've seen in quite a long time.

[CENTER]image

He just looks evil, and his full name is Fornicus, Lord Of Bondage and Pain.

[/CENTER]
  • Pinhead for sure, he was always my favorite cenobite, dudes a badass

Dren from splice
  • Godzilla, he is the king of monsters. On top of that i don't believe any other monster has near the cultural nor global impact as he. Be wrecks Japan on a daily basis, fights three headed dragons and giant moths, and still has time to be worlds greatest dad. Besides how many other mosnters can get away with such a cheesy suit by today's standards
    [video=youtube;8trsDPpAI5E]
  • ultrabean v2.0 said:
    Godzilla, he is the king of monsters. On top of that i don't believe any other monster has near the cultural nor global impact as he. Be wrecks Japan on a daily basis, fights three headed dragons and giant moths, and still has time to be worlds greatest dad. Besides how many other mosnters can get away with such a cheesy suit by today's standards
    [video=youtube;8trsDPpAI5E]

At-least you didn't mention Zilla from this piece of shit.
    [CENTER]image

However, let's not forget the glory of the T-Rex. This wonderful monster holds a place in my heart. He may not exactly be a monster, but he's wonderful.

Also, it's my favorite scene in The Lost World.

[CENTER] [youtube]mZ2kxdQf3t0[/youtube]
    [/CENTER]

Surprised no one's said Bruce The Shark from Jaws. Well, his name in the film isn't Bruce..but yeah.

[/CENTER]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week