3DS XL
  • What a surprise a bigger 3ds.

"The top screen measures at 4.88 inches and is 90 percent bigger, while the bottom screen is 4.18 inches and is also 90 percent bigger.

For the 3DS LL, the battery will last 3.5 to 6.5 hours while playing 3DS games (as compared to 3 to 5 hours with the 3DS). The battery will last 6 to 10 hours for DS games (as compared to 5 to 8 hours for the 3DS).

To cut costs, Nintendo is selling the AC adapter as a stand alone, but the 3DS LL will work with current 3DS plugs.

The 3DS XL will come in three colors (White, Red x Black, Silver x Black) and be out in Japan on July 28 for ¥18,900. The 3DS XL will be out in Europe on July 28. In North America, it will be released on August 19 for US$199.99 in Black, Black x Blue, and Black x Red."
    http://kotaku.com/5920420/nintendo-announces-a-new-bigger-3ds

I think people would be happier if they added a second analog stick.

PS: 3ds Professor Layton is coming to the US, WAHOOO! AND Fire Emblem!!
  • This is actually a big shock to me. The reason the actual DSXl was released was for the older generation wasn't it? Older people got into games like Layton and brain training. I don't think the 3Ds has that universal appeal yet. I doubt this wi sell. People who bought the Xl originally won't need or want a 3Ds. I assume they will be more than happy with what they have. This seems like a massive mistake by Nintendo.
  • My mom bought a DSXL so she could 'see' better. But its so big it makes her hand hurt to hold it one handed. This looks even bigger. I don't see the appeal.
  • I was hoping for a Lite version of the system, one with slightly bigger screens, and that weights less. Oh, well, I'm not interested in this, much...
  • LOoks kool 8D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week