ps3: where the hell is all my HD space going?
  • i have a ps3..its HD space is only 37gig..i wanted to DL infamous 2 since its free..15 gig download no biggy right? turns out i can download it but i don't have enough space to install it..so 15 gig is gone from the instal file..fair enough

and ps3 reserves 10% for system updates etc. right so thats 3.7..so that now leaves 18.7 gig.

i deleted EVERYTHING..all my games..all my saves (since i do not play the games anymore and don't intend to) all the stuff under video,pictures etc.. the only thing i have on there is the infamous 2 install file...but i only have 8 gig of hd space? im confused.any ideas?
  • You didnt need to delete saves, those aren't more than a couple MBs MAX. Did you delete game data from the game data utility? Thats the installs of games even one that you bought on disc, try there if you haven't yet. Thats what I do, I just delete install data for games I know I won't play again, their usually a couple gigs at least.
  • yeah i deleted all those..even waited an hour for resistance 3 to delete. got so fed up with it last night though that i bought an external HD from my friend and set it up for use with the ps3 lol so problem solved now i guess..well only other problem i have now is that i have a big ugly looking HD next to my tv lol
  • Crymzen said:
    yeah i deleted all those..even waited an hour for resistance 3 to delete. got so fed up with it last night though that i bought an external HD from my friend and set it up for use with the ps3 lol so problem solved now i guess..well only other problem i have now is that i have a big ugly looking HD next to my tv lol

or you could back up PS3 on the ugly HD and buy a 500gb/1tb laptop HD for in your Ps3

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week