E3 2012: Microsoft Discussion
  • [CENTER]image[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Microsoft Press Conference
    Monday, June 4th @ 9:30 a.m. PDT[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Live Stream: Official | GameSpot | G4 | IGN | YouTube
    Live Blog: TheVerge
    Live on TV: SpikeTV[/CENTER]

Welcome to the Microsoft E3 Discussion. Here is where you can talk about all things leading up to and occurring at E3 this year regarding Microsoft. Have fun!
  • [CENTER]image
    What You Need To Know...[/CENTER]

[hide=Gears of War: Judgement Announced]The next installment in the Gears of War series, first teased yesterday, is titled Gears of War: Judgement, Game Informer has revealed. The characters blacked out on the magazine’s July cover story are now shown to be both Damon Baird and Augustus “Cole Train” Cole (there are two covers).
    [video=youtube;5sF6ZaAd85E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5sF6ZaAd85E[/video]
    [/hide]

[hide=Microsoft Announces Xbox Music] Microsoft will launch a new music service that is has “always wanted” to develop called Xbox Music.

The service will contain a world class library of over 30 million music tracks and be available on Xbox 360, PC, Windows Phone 8, and Windows 8 tablets.[/hide]

[hide= Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced by Ubisoft] Ubisoft took center stage at Microsoft’s E3 press conference today to officially announce Splinter Cell: Blacklist via an exclusive gameplay presentation.

A group of rogue nations have mastermined the Blacklist, a terrorist organization, and are demanding you get your troops out of our country or they will bring the war to you. Series protagonist Sam Fisher is at the Iran-Iraq border where he must capture and interrogate a terrorist leader in hopes of stopping the next blacklist attack.

Sam is always one step ahead of his enemies, seeking out his next target. He can now kill in motion, moving smoothly throughout the environment, and take out targets quickly and fluidly. We saw Sam quickly hopping up cliffsides, sneaking around corners, and taking out terrorists. Kinect voice recognition allows players to say things such as “Hey, you!” while sneaking around to attract enemy attention, and then dispose of them when they least expect it.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will ship in spring 2013. Ubisoft describes it as “the most ambitious Splinter Cell yet,” featuring compelling single-player, multiplayer, and of course, Spy vs. Mercs. Watch the gameplay demo below.
    [video=youtube;_4KO2eQeLJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_4KO2eQeLJ8[/video][/hide]

[hide=Nike+ Kinect training annoinced]Microsoft and Nike have announced Nike+ Kinect Training for Xbox 360.

Nike+ Kinect Training uses the same training methods that Nike uses with pro athletes. You will get fitness reminders via phone, and will be re-assessed every four weeks. [/hide]

[hide=Microsoft reveals Smartglass and Internet Explorer] Microsoft has announced Xbox Smartglass, a new feature for Xbox 360 and Microsoft tablets that integrates media content across Xbox 360, phone, and tablet.

If you’re watching an episode of Game of Thrones on your Xbox 360, for example, you will see a map on your tablet that follows the events of the show. If you’re watching Sherlock Holmes, you’ll see cast information. If you’re playing Madden, you can use Smartglass to select plays. If you’re playing Halo 4, you will be able to access Halo Waypoint via your tablet.

Smartglass will work with “all the devices you already own.” It will launch this fall.

Internet Explorer was also confirmed for Xbox 360. You will be able to use Smartglass to browse the web with Internet Explorer. It will launch this year.[/hide]

[hide= Microsoft announced three new XBLA titles] Microsoft has announced three new Xbox LIVE Arcade titles during its E3 press conference.

The first title, from Toy Soldiers developer Signal Studios, is Ascend: New Gods. The second, from ‘Splosion Man developer Twisted Pixel, is LocoCycle. And the third, from someone involved in Pirates of the Carribean and Rango, is Matter, “made for Kinect.”

Watch the trailers below.
    [video=youtube;QTUv-6uun6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QTUv-6uun6M[/video][/hide]

[hide=South Park: Stick of Truth new trailer and date announced] THQ and Obsidian have tied a date to its upcoming South Park RPG.

South Park: The Stick of Truth will launch for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on March 5, 2013. Video available soon[/hide]

[hide=Tomb Raider receives 360 timed-exclusive DLC, new gameplay reveal] [video=youtube;_ZT1rUWPyM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ZT1rUWPyM0[/video][/hide]

[hide=Halo 4 trailer][video=youtube;QWWzhpjS62I]
  • Presentation is on in about an hour!

Here's a link for the 'Toobers of Europe.
  • So smartglass is like the gamepad, but with any mobile device.
  • Just a terrible showing all round. The South Park guys kinda shook it up abit by not being a scripted fake ass hole. But the rest was boring and predictable
  • Was hoping for some actual Forza Horizon footage, but just another CG trailer. RE6 looked kind of neat, hope that turns out well, as well as the South Park RPG. Biggest surprise for me was them starting out with the Splinter Cell footage, and that looked alright; Conviction was reasonably fun. Other than that, nothing terribly interesting or surprising. I'll probably play Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, and I couldn't be less interested in any of the sports, console feature additions or entertainment related stuff they showed.
  • That was worse than I expected..jeez microsoft.
    Tomb Rider did look neat but we already saw that LAST YEAR.
    Halo is still Halo. I was kinda hoping the the enemy will be a different race of aliens instead of the covenant, whatever.
  • Gimme the South Park RPG now, I want it. The fact I couldn't tell what was cut-scene and what was gameplay has me hyped.
  • Chip said:
    Gimme the South Park RPG now, I want it. The fact I couldn't tell what was cut-scene and what was gameplay has me hyped.

This. Also, "Kinect support will allow you to taunt enemies and initiate attacks with voice commands" this. Oh the possibilities
  • i have to admit i like the Halo 4 gameplay..i didn't think i would..halo died for me after halo 3..wasn't a big fan of ODST and hated reach..but this actualy looks promosing as far as a halo title goes
  • apparently gametrailers is the only streamer in town now?? (US)
  • I didn't expect to see splinter cell, and that looked great. My first splinter cell game was conviction, so I like the action stealth hybrid gamplay. And I thought the Kinect voice control for getting a baddies attention was a natural use of Kinect. Halo 4 looks like more halo, which is fine by me. I want to know more about those new enemies! Smart Glass could be something I'd be interested in, but we'll just have to wait and see. Tomb Raider, Re 6, Black Ops 2, all look great, no big shock there. Can't believe we didn't see Fable the Journey in action, and I was disappointed there was no Alan Wake.
  • Smartglass interests me, the amount of times that I use my phone to research something that I am currently doing on my 360 is ridiculous - from films on IMDB, to review etc for games.
  • Microsoft is Ushering in 'no games.' Yay puns.
  • Don't have a 360 but it's disappointing to see Resident Evil still not return to it's roots. It keeps going down the same path and it keeps turning more and more into an action zombie game instead of survival horror.

There was no other game of note for me. They seemed to concentrate an awful lot on voice commands using the Kinnect, which is good and bad imo. I know I felt stupid playing Plants VS Zombies on the DS and having to talk into the mic for that one level. Would hate to do that all the time. But I can see the advantage of it, and people using it online would definitely have an advantage of doing things faster than controller players in certain situations.
  • At the end of the RE demo I was hoping they'd all break out into a dance. I bet that's what they did.
  • I'm really surprised by Halo 4. I haven't went near a Halo game since 3 because I got so burned out, but wow Chief picked up that first gun and it started transforming my jaw dropped.
    Smart Glass really intrigues me. I think it has potential, but I'll have to wait and see how it's implemented.
    Splinter Cell looked really bad ass and it really caught me off guard, I'll be picking it up for sure. Also, Tomb Raider caught me by surprise as well. It looks kind of interesting.

My only gripe with the presentation was that Microsoft seemed to try to force Kinect on us waaaay too much, in my opinion. I've never been a big fan of it and it seemed that they're just trying to make it sound better than it really is.
  • [youtube]qkjbbUpWD8A[/youtube]

Here's my Microsoft video. Not really too impressed with it, but some bits showed promise.
  • Did anyone else think the Halo 4 demo showed only narrow environments?

I know plenty of areas in previous Halo games have had narrow corridor style levels in the past but I really liked the areas in Halo campaigns where the maps are huge and you have a lot of space to move around in.

I can imagine vast open areas are not that great for showing off an FPS so I hope there will be some other sections of the game that will have bigger maps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week