Tera UK to US latency
  • ok so im on the fence about buying this game..i was going to stear clear of it but some friends of mine have it and i have been looking at some gameplay and im really thinking about buying it..now if i buy it i will be getting the US version on origin..seeing as my friens play on the US servers..(they all live in the US). i was wondering if anyone around here is from the UK and plays on the US servers..i am trying to get an idea of latency..after all i don't want to spend 34.99 on a game that i can't play due to the servers being way too far away.

i have searched around google and people have said that latency isn't an issue when it come sto PvE but in PvP its damn near impossible to play competatively.

im looking for confirmation from the community i trust
  • I played on the US Server Freeholds and own the US version of course. Latency is not a problem though it is dependant on your own personal internet connection. If you are on a fibre optic internet connection then as the Americans I play with said, in all liklihood I'm sending and receiving data to the server faster then quite a few of the americans. Since they do not have as much fibre optic internet infrastructure in place and most aren't on fibre optic connections. Not sure if thats true but thats what they said to me when we talked about latency.

However I can certainly confirm from a UK to US connection standpoint that I had no problem at all in PvE or PvP servers, so long as you have a stable internet connection Crymzen you should be perfectly fine.
  • well i have that virgin 30 meg fibre optic broadband, though since i made this post i done some more digging around and found the US servers location, its in chicago so i did a speed test and i get 119-146 Ping (tested on 4 servers in that area) do you think that is acceptable to be able to play?
  • Crymzen said:
    well i have that virgin 30 meg fibre optic broadband, though since i made this post i done some more digging around and found the US servers location, its in chicago so i did a speed test and i get 119-146 Ping (tested on 4 servers in that area) do you think that is acceptable to be able to play?

Well I levelled my character to L60 and had no problem at all with input lag or anything of the sort and I'm also on Virgin 30 Meg fibre optic broadband. So I'd say yes.
  • awesome thanks for the feedback eidelon, much aprecaited..i shall have to pick this up on payday now

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week