The State of Games Episode 1 and 2 Parts 1&2
  • Its been a long time since I posted on the noobtoob forums mainly because I have been worried that stuff I have been doing on ChronoGamers would not been allowed on NT. After talking with Chip it seems okay.

This is the first two episodes of my inconsistent interview show the State of Games.

Welcome to The State of Games Episode 1. The first in an interview series getting deep into the gaming industry at large.
    This week we discuss Xbox Live Arcade and the current issues with a new dashboard and more.

We are joined by Mel Kirk of Zen Studios, creators of Pinball FX and Pinball FX2. We also have an excerpt from a previous interview from John Nielson with Bacon Wrapped Games, creators of Cloning Clyde and Ancients of Ooga.
    If you have any comments or feedback please put them wherever you are watching I make sure to look at every single one. If you are in the industry and have a topic you would like to discuss please email davidjohnson[at]Chronogamers.com.
    The music during this episode is pure attitude from the website Incompetech’s royalty free music.

Sources and Links:

Making an XBLA Game: The Inside Story by Eurogamer

Why Microsoft won’t publish PSN firsts by Eurogamer

GiantBombcast: E3 2011 Day Zero

[video=youtube;eGoz3a-WD34]

Download

iTunes Link

Welcome to The State of Games Episode 2. A interview series getting deep into the gaming industry at large.
    This week we discuss Kickstarter and the people who have ideas for it.

We are joined this week by former head of Prima Guides and writer of High Score: An Illustrated History of Video games 1st and 2nd Edition.

If you have any comments or feedback please put them wherever you are watching I make sure to look at every single one. If you are in the industry and have a topic you would like to discuss please email davidjohnson[at]Chronogamers.com.
    The music during this episode is pure attitude from the website Incompetech’s royalty free music.

Sources:

High score 3 Kickstarter

[video=youtube;G9DeQ7Af7J4]

Download

iTunes Link

Welcome to The State of Games Episode 2. A interview series getting deep into the gaming industry at large.
    This week we discuss Kickstarter and the people who have ideas for it.

We are joined this week by Lauren Urban player of Halo and Oboe. She has Kickstarted a youtube series of videos on her channel Lauren Oboe. We talk about how kickstarter works as well.

The music during this episode is pure attitude from the website Incompetech's royalty free music.

Sources:

Oboe Crazy Youtube Channel

[video=youtube;BP7tRQrs7gA]

iTunes Link

Download
  • No shit. You score the good ones, good dudes.
  • Looks interesting. Will definitely listen to these tomorrow. This will add to my list of awesome NoobToob podcasts I subscribe to. Awesome job, guys from Games Only, State of Games, Coffee Break (MEM), Reviewcast, and Slix. Even though some of these ended or haven't heard from them in a while, they are very entertaining.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week