Games Only 38 - Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, Hitman: Absolution
  • [center][youtube]WSRVE3Yr0o4[/youtube][/center]

Seriously, there's 2 big releases, and we talk about both of them before Sunny tries to shoehorn in Hitman and Alpha Protocol. Diablo 3 gets some screen time, so to speak, and Max Payne 3 gets put through the wringer by HP, a man who does not take his video game stories lightly. Enjoy the show!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/gamesonly/gop38.mp3
  • Keep the Duck Tales theme :D
  • Fry-40 said:
    Keep the Duck Tales theme :D

This only encourages HP, who hated Daytonaaaaaaaaaa
  • I'm not so sure I agree with sunny that Diablo 3 is casual but I have to agree the positive reinforcement is a little much.
  • nutta27 said:
    I'm not so sure I agree with sunny that Diablo 3 is casual but I have to agree the positive reinforcement is a little much.

I agree. I don't think Diablo's short feedback loop is a particularly casual trait; it's what makes it addictive, which is why Farmville is so popular, but for me it's the level of challenge that indicates the intended audience. It would be nice to hear his thoughts a bit further on into the game, I've heard it gets a lot harder!
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    I agree. I don't think Diablo's short feedback loop is a particularly casual trait; it's what makes it addictive, which is why Farmville is so popular, but for me it's the level of challenge that indicates the intended audience. It would be nice to hear his thoughts a bit further on into the game, I've heard it gets a lot harder!

I have been playing a lot, thanks to friend of the show Locke giving me D3 for my upcoming birthday! Hint: the positive reinforcement is still in overdrive, but there's still challenge.
  • I don't understand HP's gripe about collectibles, it is in my opinion for completists, you can play the story first and then come back for the collectibles.
  • Sounds like this is spoken by someone who is willing to play through a game more than once.
    I am not. It's a rare, rare game that I'll play though on more than one occasion. I find most games boring the second time through... and I have a big enough backlog that it's a complete waste of time to be playing something for a second time rather than playing something new.
  • hp1703 said:
    Sounds like this is spoken by someone who is willing to play through a game more than once.

Yeah but...... you rented the game right? You only have half the game, so you can't even collect all the collectibles anyway.
  • Chip said:
    Yeah but...... you rented the game right? You only have half the game, so you can't even collect all the collectibles anyway.

With how good MP3 is, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll come back to finish the job.
  • hp1703 said:
    Sounds like this is spoken by someone who is willing to play through a game more than once.
    I am not. It's a rare, rare game that I'll play though on more than one occasion. I find most games boring the second time through... and I have a big enough backlog that it's a complete waste of time to be playing something for a second time rather than playing something new.

Yes but why do you play the game then? i am a trophy whore, but some games i play fully through and then come back for the collectibles (like Shadow of the colussus). Most collectibles are put in like they are an afterthought, not like in Deadspace or bioshock where they give you interesting backstory tidbits

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week