Games Only 35 - Lone Survivor, Dragon's Dogma, Xenoblade
  • [youtube]XlHw3d23BmM[/youtube]

Welcome to the Games Only Podcast, the only podcast where you will hear about games and only games from your hosts hp1703, Dr. Gumaer, and Sunflower. This week!

--Doc tries Dragon's Dogma. Is it worth looking at?

--Sunny plays Lone Survivor, a 2d side-scroller influenced by Silent Hill 2. Terrifying? Cool? Creepy?

--hp1703 and Sunflower rip into Bloodforge.

--Dr. Gumaer experiences some Demon's Souls, late into the game's life.

--hp1703 explains what makes NCAA Football exactly what it is.

--Sunny gets his hands on Xenoblade, finally. Worth the wait?

--Doc hits a steel dome ceiling with Trials: Evolution

If you enjoy the show, please leave us comments and reviews. Make sure to subscribe via iTunes and on YouTube. Follow your hosts @Sunflower4000 @hp1703 and @DrGumaer !
  • Good show as always. I also think its weird that we seem to have no problem with violence and gore, but people freak out over nudity, just doesn't make since to me.

And I didn't know GameStop refunded open games???

Once again, I enjoyed listening, and look forward to the show every week. :)
  • I continue to refuse to pay real money for Mass Effect multiplayer packs. Partially because they are things I can earn (and value more) through just playing the game. But if I'm honest, the major reason is because I can't guarentee I get what I want for my money. If those packs had specific weapons, or classes, or races, I might be more tempted as I'm not a big fan of buying (with in game credits or real money) essentailly a random grab bag....ESPECIALLY since 8 of out 10 times I get NOTHING I would like.

However I'm not sure I'm against the idea totally. As long as I can earn the items in game with my time, I don't have a problem with other people paying real money for those packs.
  • OboeCrazy said:

However I'm not sure I'm against the idea totally. As long as I can earn the items in game with my time, I don't have a problem with other people paying real money for those packs.

That's my take on stuff like that too - couldn't ever see myself paying for packs or whatever, but totally respect others' decision to do so. More power to the consumer right? Paying for a random selection seems particularly weird, though. A bit like a lottery scratch card - do you have those in the US?

People returning The Witcher because of language and nudity seems, well, pathetic to be honest. The game's appropriately rated and lists what are the issues on the back, right? Are we adults or God-fearing, body-loathing, guilt-ridden babies? Hmmm...

Will be interested to hear further thoughts on Xenoblade, as I just bought a copy for my sister's birthday.
  • Littleg said:
    A bit like a lottery scratch card - do you have those in the US?

Yes, I wondered the same thing about the UK until I read that actually.

Great show, love to listen when I have the time and attention span :).

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings-M for Mature: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs

Although, you can't really expect the kind of idiots that are buying and returning a game over something like this to know how to read. And nudity is frowned upon more highly than violence because of Christianity and the huge frowning upon of "inpure" stuff(ifyaknowwhatimean).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week