Rayman Legends Announced
  • Rayman Legends is an actual thing. Following domain registrations and a survey outing a Rayman Origins sequel, a leaked trailer posted by GameKult has confirmed Rayman Legends, an Origins sequel of legendary proportions, featuring dragons, Greek mythology and other mythical elements.

And it’s coming to Wii U. Wii U is actually the only platform shown in the trailer, but considering it mentions “Wii U Exclusive Content,” we take it that means it’ll arrive on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as well.

The game itself includes the following new features:

Legendary settings – expect castles, vampires, ghosts, Greek Gods and dragons.
    An epic renderings engine.
    New playable characters.
    Online gameplay – characters are shown playing a heated game of soccer.
    Social gaming (online challenges).
    Wii U exclusive content – aside from being able to use the controller as a touch screen, it looks like you’re able place real-world items, such as a heart or Rabbid figurine, on top of the Wii U touch screen, and it will appear in-game in some shape or form. An Ezio tie-in was teased before the trailer ends.

[video=youtube;aLdIV6sowkY]

-----------------------------

Hell yeah, GoTY just announced! All y'all pretty bitches better get it!
  • Watch this ASAP! It'll probably be taken down very soon.

Anyways, it really looks great and after a 6 hour straight playthrough of Origins(yes, my brain melted.), I'd happily do it for the sequel.
  • some pretty risque content there. The AC figure in the end was pretty weird though. But I never understood the 'draw' that Rayman had.
  • This looks really fun. :) I still need to find time to finish Origins, but I'm excited for this one. ;)
  • knowname said:
    some pretty risque content there. The AC figure in the end was pretty weird though. But I never understood the 'draw' that Rayman had.

It's a fun platforming series? I had more fun with Rayman: Origins then with any 2D Mario game I have every played.
  • ....... So this is like Skylanders but Ubisoft?
  • FUCK Wii U, otherwise I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it.). Still need to get done with Origins. And FINALLY online, for chrissakes they really couldn't have patched that in?
  • XxBarretxX said:
    It's a fun platforming series? I had more fun with Rayman: Origins then with any 2D Mario game I have every played.

let me guess, your under 28?
  • knowname said:
    let me guess, your under 28?

Yep, I've played the older Mario games and newer ones; they're nothing special. Technology has advanced, so should you!
  • Chip said:
    ....... So this is like Skylanders but Ubisoft?

It's like Skylanders except with a hint of no resemblance to Skylanders
  • somaliangangsterpuff said:
    It's like Skylanders except with a hint of no resemblance to Skylanders

Except that the dude scanned Ubisoft characters into the game and they appeared, like Skylanders.
  • who said I was a Mario fan? I was talking about the old games when they were released back in the late 80's
  • Chip said:
    Except that the dude scanned Ubisoft characters into the game and they appeared, like Skylanders.

OH I thought you meant in terms of gameplay. Carry on then
  • XxBarretxX said:
    Yep, I've played the older Mario games and newer ones; they're nothing special. Technology has advanced, so should you!

Nothing special? Wow, just....wow.

*Note to self: Never take any platformer advice from Barret*

Anyway, this new Rayman looks interesting.
  • I dunno, how much 'advanced' do you need in a 2d platformer? I'd say for the 80s games they (especially SMB3 and Super Mario World) were just ahead of their times! I'd not played much of the newer ones... I guess if you exclude the 3d ones (and the ones that do not include mario ie DK or Kirby, you basically just go New SMB and that's basically a multiplayer remake afaik...).

I don't see how you could not have LOVED the 80s games... back in the 80s (/early 90s) their still pretty good... taken as 2d platformers
  • laphamking said:
    Nothing special? Wow, just....wow.

*Note to self: Never take any platformer advice from Barret*

Anyway, this new Rayman looks interesting.

The 2D ones at least, 3D and RPG Mario games are good
  • still convinced he's under 28... or at least wasn't into gaming in the NES/ SNES days...
  • knowname said:
    still convinced he's under 28... or at least wasn't into gaming in the NES/ SNES days...

I told you I was under 28. Can you read?
  • You just said Yep to the question... sorry I'm old I need clarification sometimes lol.
  • knowname said:
    You just said Yep to the question... sorry I'm old I need clarification sometimes lol.

It's ok. I just don't see what makes Mario platforming perfection; I have much more fun with LBP and Rayman: Origins.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week