Wireless Medical Devices
  • It's an emerging field in electronics, wireless medical devices.

Lately, there has been concern about the hacking of these devices. Mainly, I believe, because it can put a person at risk of death or serious injury. Most of these devices are monitors, but include and are not limited to things like pacemakers and other body process regulators (holy fucking bionics batman, that was a bit of an eye-opener for me).

I read this article this morning. Don't really have time to comment on it because I'm off to school, but it seems appropriate to the situation.

Wired.com
    "Board Urges Feds to Prevent Medical Device Hacking"

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/04/security-of-medical-devices/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=twitterclickthru

Points to consider:
    - What do you think of wireless medical devices?
    - Do the potential benefits of using these devices outweigh risks of being hacked?
    - Would you be scared of using a device such as this if it could be hacked?

Have a good day folks, back in later.
  • I don't like it. I know that it will help people but I don't feel that it is worth the risk. I would say that it would only be okay if someone gave their consent for it and willing to take on the risk. Not talking about now in this point in time talking about until the risk is gone... and I think that will be never.