Lost Planet 3: Captivate Debut Trailer Revealed
  • I searched and didn't find anything about this yet, so without further ado. The Lost Planet 3 debut trailer which was revealed today.

[youtube]4nPReFao19g[/youtube]

Developer: Capcom
    Release: Q1/2013
    Genre: Action/Shooter
    Platform: PS3/X360/PC
    Publisher: Capcom
    Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonization, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet's energy supply -- Thermal Energy. With NEVEC's existing Thermal Energy reserve running low the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid. Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim's safety and is essential for not only his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.
  • El Features

Features

Return to extreme conditions – Taking the series back to its roots Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic battle field that’s more dangerous than ever before with an ever changing climate that will affect the way you play.
    Brave the terrifying – Play as blue collar worker Jim, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family.
    Home away from home – Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you’ll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive.
    Gameplay Variety – Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot.
    Intense, cinematic experience –Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay.
    Killer enemies – The Akrid are back, bigger and angrier and demanding a more tactical approach during combat.
    Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III – The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim’ search for T-Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries.
    Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world.
    -----------------------------

I love the idea of Lost Planet, it has some great ideas, but Capcom needs to give this series to someone who knows how to make a fucking game. Spark Unlimited? REALLY?
  • Whats with the smart ass jokes in the trailer? I loved the serious atmosphere in the first game and how helpless you feel in a hopeless situation. Now they are trying to add a "Nathan Drake" into the mix?! Ridiculous.
  • I'm glad they're giving the game another go after all the sub-par reviews. I've really enjoyed the series. Hopefully they can address the issues people had with the game while retaining the awesome stuff. Especially the sense of cooperation in the boss fights of Lost Planet 2. That train boss was sick, son. They'd better bring back Akrid Hunter though. That was a real downer with Lost Planet 2.

[youtube]o94s4qfO5Xo#t=346s[/youtube]
  • They'd better not fuck this up.
  • well it looks entertaining atleast, but ill wait untill i see some gameplay
  • Maxim said:
    They'd better not fuck this up.

I agree with this statement.
    --
    Played the first game, didn't mind it. Played the demo for Lost Planet 2, never picked it up. Curious about the third, but want some gameplay first.
  • liked the first one, the second one the co-op was okay, but did not want me come back for more. i wonder how the third will be
  • I really like what both LP1 and 2 were. The weight of movement. The feel of the weapons. The Akrids. The open unwelcoming environments. Even the stories in both games were sufficient. I just want specific improvements, not an overhaul.

Especially not an overhaul as dictated by. "We want COD's Audience" modern Capcom.
  • http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222646p1.html

where its predecessors have been team-based third-person shooters, this is a character- and story-driven game that's as much survival horror as shooter.

it seems that you'll be playing a great deal of Lost Planet 3 inside the mech, in first-person view. Regulations mean it can't be weaponized, so there's no Gatling gun on the arm or rocket-launcher on the shoulder a la Armored Core, but its arms and drill can still be used to fight.

[center]image[/center]
  • This is being developed by the team behind Legendary ... : (
  • Wait a second, when did characters in games like these start following regulations.
  • Maxim said:
    This is being developed by the team behind Legendary ... : (

All hope has been lost.
  • Maxim said:

And that other classic: Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty! :D

This game doesn't stand a chance! So long Lost Planet! Enjoy your trip round the S-bend and see you in Shit City!
  • We can at least hope for some cool avatar items right?
  • Chip said:
    We can at least hope for some cool avatar items right?

My money is on a Santa hat.

• Maxim said:

Well, that explains why I thought that debut trailer was so ass.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week