Major League Baseball 2012
  • Sup. Baseball "officially" started yesterday after opening last week in Japan, although today is the first day of an actual slate of games.

Make your predictions, guesses, hopes, whatever, here. Talk about how much of a soap opera Miami will be, how Yu Darvish will work out, how many games the Astros will lose, and how Billy Beane is totally overrated.

Also talk about how Jered Weaver is a jerkface, if needed, why Milton Bradley still has a job, and what the over/under is on injuries involving boxes, tissue, video games, or bowling.

Feel free to drop awesome sounding stats like WAR, GPA, BABIP, DICE, pNERD, and more.

Go Tigers.
  • was never on the miami bandwagon, just stating that. I do have JJ on one of my fantasy teams though... why not??
  • i was thinking the dodgers would be the more dramatic team this year.
    and although papa grande just cost verlander his first win... all that matters is the tigers got the win.
  • Watched the Tigers/Bosox game earlier - great start to the season.

Now if only my A's would stop selling off all their talent in hopes of a new stadium.
  • Go Padres.Do it for Gwynn,just came out of his surgery
  • gahhhh, I hate that the Mariners traded pineda, for Montero.
  • Good job Padre /sarcasm............seriously a 6-0 shutout at home?Glad I didnt watch.
  • what are the odds that Avila hits a walk off home run in extra innings? after a 3 run homer in the 9th by their big gun? this will be one thats talked about for a while for sure. its all the much better that it was against the sox.
    and on top of all that i think that austin jackson has fixed his strikeout problem that plagued him last year.
  • YAAAYYY we finally won.Clayton Richard is playing like our best starting pitcher.Good times I was happy to see us not get swept by our biggest rival.
  • Damn Verlander's a beast, 120+ pitches and he still threw 100 mph and a 88 mph change up. That's not fair.
  • See if we can take this series against the Rockies tonight. Also, Jamie Moyer, age 49, became the oldest MLB pitcher to record a win, against my Padres, no less. We should win tonight though, as he's not playing ;) .
  • ALBERT YOU TOO FAT!!
  • Pujols wont homer all yr, bank it!

Also, enjoy this BS Call. Yeah, a month ago but I'm still not over it.

• The 'birds still have a fighting chance to go for 12 in '12... though May was horrible and we have a ton of injuries at the moment...
  • What the fuck are the mariners thinking, trading Ichrio for so prospects. Now I have little to no reason to care about this team.
  • That was a good move. Ichiro is just about done, and the Mariners need talent. They're going nowhere this year or next. They should have tried to move him last year, but I am not sure anyone would have taken two years of his contract. The prospects they got are so-so but it was time to move on and try to get value.

I hope with the Tigers rolling they don't pause on a trade. Dombrowski usually is pretty aggressive. Omar Infante would be a great add, especially if we can swing Anibal Sanchez in there, too. Every prospect of ours should be on the table considering how close we are to World Series capabilities.

Edit: Well what the hell. They just grabbed those two players. Score.
  • I guess but he was the face of the franchise why not just let him play out his career in seattle. It's been a frustrating few years for a mariner fan, the hits keep coming.
  • Ligerzero said:
    I guess but he was the face of the franchise why not just let him play out his career in seattle. It's been a frustrating few years for a mariner fan, the hits keep coming.

Well, it appears he requested the trade, which... well, I wonder what took so long, heh.

Seattle had pretty terrible attendance anyways, you guys need a lot of new talent.
  • Just found out he wanted to be traded. I'll still cheer for him, unlike a-rod. If the Yankees do win this year, ichiro deserves a ring.
  • These last two days are the most coverage the mariners will get on espn. Felix Hernandez is now my favorite player, A-rod out 6-8 weeks practically the rest of the reagular season.
  • ahh let me riddle you this gefm. what does the lineup look like if dirks comes back 100%?
  • puff said:
    Pujols wont homer all yr, bank it!

Also, enjoy this BS Call. Yeah, a month ago but I'm still not over it.

the more i look at this the less bs it looks like, you cant see exactly where the ball hits, but if my baseball knowledge is correct when swinging the arms become an extension of the bat and he seemed to go far enough around that when the ball hit his arm it was a live ball that landed in fair territory.(at least that was the call and i have seen worse swinging calls) the thing is that this must have been in spring training if it was a month before your post...time to move on.
  • sorry for the triple post but i do love how all the baserunners in that gif are all swinging their arms in the air
  • Their Chickens what do you expect?

Obligatory Rangers update-
    We made the steal of the trade deadline getting Dempster (and his personal catcher, Soto) for next to nothin. But with the way the rest of the team is playing I doubt if it's really gonna matter. If the offense would wake up they'd waltz into the playoffs now I'm not sure if they'll make it passed the one game WC playoff. If they even make it that far.
  • knowname said:
    Their Chickens what do you expect?

Obligatory Rangers update-
    We made the steal of the trade deadline getting Dempster (and his personal catcher, Soto) for next to nothin. But with the way the rest of the team is playing I doubt if it's really gonna matter. If the offense would wake up they'd waltz into the playoffs now I'm not sure if they'll make it passed the one game WC playoff. If they even make it that far.

but the dodgers made the steal of the post trade deadline...(hmm did i word that correctly?...anyway) yeah if this deal goes through do the dodgers become the yankees of the national league?
  • gilligan said:
    the more i look at this the less bs it looks like, you cant see exactly where the ball hits, but if my baseball knowledge is correct when swinging the arms become an extension of the bat and he seemed to go far enough around that when the ball hit his arm it was a live ball that landed in fair territory.(at least that was the call and i have seen worse swinging calls) the thing is that this must have been in spring training if it was a month before your post...time to move on.

If I recall, it was BS because the ump at home called it dead, and then the other ump at 1st said its live.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week