A few of my game inspired songs and some WIP bits I'd like feedback on. :)
  • Hello again! Its been a long time since I've posted a song, so I'm going to post a few(all but one are under a minute long). Some brand new, and some old. Many of them inspired by games. No amazing tracks that I'm super proud of in this post, BUT I think many will be interested in the game inspired ones and I need feedback on some work in progress bits.

http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/3-2-2012-nitronic-rush
    -This first track I was inspired to make after playing the freeware game Nitronic Rush, which has amazing music. I had a lot of fun with this track. I tried to make it so that it would fit into a racing game and fit into the original Nitronic Rush soundtrack as best I could. I am nowhere near as good of a musician as the artist behind the game's soundtrack, but I did my best. Might try again in the future.

http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/2-1-2012-ilomilo-inspired
    -This short track was inspired by the XBLA title Ilomilo. An adorable puzzle game that I love. This one was very difficult but I did my best to emulate the quirky cuteness of the Ilomilo soundtrack. Its not great, but I think I captured the feel ok.

http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/11-23-2010-menu-music
    -At the time when I made this I was inspired by the music in Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories (PS1 game). I later went back and listened the music in that game and realized its totally different. So I don't know what game's music I was thinking of when I made this song. lol. But I created it with it being a song that would play during a games main menu. This is an old track that I think is solid, but outside of going into a menu isn't all that exciting. Thats why I haven't uploaded it until now. This track is completely finished. Download enabled.

http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/3-26-2012-3rd
    -And now for something unrelated to games. A bass heavy, little bit dubstep-ish track I made just recently. I think this track is going to be one that people will either like quite a bit or hate entirely. lol. I personally hate 95% of dubstep out there, but decided to throw a little in anyway near the end. Any feedback on anything in this track would be helpful.

http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/10-10-2011-vocals-test
    -For this last track I just want feedback on my voice. This is the first time I've added my voice to a track and I don't think it sounds like absolute crap. Not great, but not crap. Agree or disagree, any feedback is very helpful.

Thank you for listening. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Here is a link to all my soundcloud tracks. http://soundcloud.com/schizophriend/tracks (including my ME2: Kasumi Stolen Memory inspired song "Constriction" I posted here before, just in case you missed it last time. ;D That track I AM super proud of. Download enabled.)
  • Thread is getting buried. Bump!

I received two comments on two of my tracks, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to view my comments. I think I need to upgrade my soundcloud account in order to view my comments, which I'm not going to do. Either that or I'm stupid. lol.

So post any feedback in this thread please.
  • The vocals were fine on the song, can't really think of any flaw I noticed that I could tell you about. My fav was probably the Ilomilo one, purely because I just woke up and it was relaxing, heh.
  • I liked all of them actually. My personal favorites were the dubstep one and the Nitronic Rush song. I know the dubstep one is not game related but when I listened to it I could imagine it playing during a kickass boss battle. I wish it was longer. :D
  • They were all pretty good, I really liked the Ilomilo one.
    The vocals for the last song were good too and fits with the music.
    I am curious, what program did you use to make these?
  • I don't know why I waited so long to come in here.
    I like these. The Ilomilo inspired track kind of stands out to me.
    The menu music track reminded me more of an ominous area with spirits and stuff.
  • Chip said:
    The vocals were fine on the song, can't really think of any flaw I noticed that I could tell you about. My fav was probably the Ilomilo one, purely because I just woke up and it was relaxing, heh.

Thanks. :D

Brisby said:
    I liked all of them actually. My personal favorites were the dubstep one and the Nitronic Rush song. I know the dubstep one is not game related but when I listened to it I could imagine it playing during a kickass boss battle. I wish it was longer. :D

Thanks! I was afraid the crushingly distorted main bass was going to be too much for people. Glad to hear someone liked it!

monochromaticx said:
    They were all pretty good, I really liked the Ilomilo one.
    The vocals for the last song were good too and fits with the music.
    I am curious, what program did you use to make these?

Thanks! I use FL Studio 9.
    The Ilomilo one and the vocals one were made entirely with the Sytrus VSTi.
    The Nitronic Rush one with mostly the 3x Osc VSTi.
    The dubstepish one with IL Harmor and IL Harmless.
    The menu song I think was mostly if not all Sytrus, but I could be wrong.
    Constriction used just about everything I think.
    Of course there are some basic drum sounds thrown in too for most of them.

NewAgeRed said:
    I don't know why I waited so long to come in here.
    I like these. The Ilomilo inspired track kind of stands out to me.
    The menu music track reminded me more of an ominous area with spirits and stuff.

Stands out in a good way or bad? I'm guessing(hoping) good? It is very different than the other tracks, thats for sure.
    And yeah, thats kinda the vibe I was going for, ominous.

Thanks for the responses everybody! :D
  • In a good way. :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week