Big Chief Battles Season 3 Episode 3 - Feeling my Rolls
  • So, good news. Locke's 15 minute limit has been removed, which gives us a little more play with our episodes. Tune in this week to see our weekly attempt at taking on the world, but we also added in a sparring match we do pre-show as well as a replay of something absolutely shameful.

You might notice Locke's BP is 0 for this show. That's the 600 pound elephant in the room.

So, tune in this week - give us some feedback, as that's what this show is all about. Weigh in on the Shameful Replay, the sparring, and the actual matches. It is the only way we can grow.

[youtube]2zuUBiUx5-Y[/youtube]
  • Looks like you guys hit a bump in the road, bummer. :(

I think it would be greatly beneficial to both of you if you hit up training hardcore and learned the ins and outs of your characters. I know nerves can kick in and sometimes you just forget everything you practiced, but I feel like some straight up practice can definitely help right now.

Pair up in training and work out real strategies against some of the usual stuff you'd see online. Work out go-to punishes for things like blocked Dragon Punches and just practice practice practice! Note that you can go into Briefing Room and set the dummy to Player 2 and essentially train online together!

Sunflower:

You have to get used to not relying on jumping in so much, as it's making you easy anti-air bait. Try to approach by dashing or simply walking and covering your tracks with pokes or fireballs. Try to rely less on risky moves and poke your way in to victory!

Like I've told you in IRC, I really don't think Hugo is for you. Like you noticed in this week's episode, his command grabs aren't very good so you have to actually rely on his pokes, and palm and lariat based combos. I think Zangief (and Dhalsim of course) are your best characters. One thing to note about your Dhalsim is that you need to stop jumping back so much, especially when at close range. Otherwise, you'll just eat anti-airs all day like that Cammy did to you. Remember to teleport to safety, it's much safer! And try not to go into auto-pilot with Dhalsim either, since that's usually what leads to your downfall.

Locke:

Stay confident! :)
    Try not to let yourself get too agitated during matches, otherwise you'll just crack and lose focus.

When punishing blocked or whiffed moves, remember that you don't have to go for combos every time, sometimes a simple sweep is good enough. It gives you that knockdown and a little bit of time to breathe and plan your next move.
  • I agree with SnakeX. I think the best thing you guys could do is hit the training mode. Train with each other too, maybe it'll help with the team synergy. I noticed one of you said "Tag me in!", a few times I think and I'm sure there a function where you can tag yourself in as long as your partner is hitting the opponent. They must be hitting the opponent though, the opponent mustn't be blocking the attacks.

Anyway, try to know what's safe and what's not. I noticed you guys tried to do the light, medium, heavy, heavy tag out move fairly often and as you can see; it's a very punishable tactic.

Keep it up guys! I love the production of the series and you've got our support. :)

P.S. - The SwiftxFlame guy from youtube is me. xD
  • FirLocke said:
    I think and I'm sure there a function where you can tag yourself in as long as your partner is hitting the opponent. They must be hitting the opponent though, the opponent mustn't be blocking the attacks.

Works on block too. Whenever your partner is attacking (be it hit or block), he or you can just press MP+MK at the cost of one meter. Good option if someone is in desperate need of tagging out.

Entertaining as always, looking forward to next episode.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week