Love, Sex and Games- Do they Mix?
  • I was just wondering how many people there are in here that have ever had their love one curl up to them on the couch and start kissing them on their neck and nibbling on your ear and your response was something like... Hold on I have to get to a save point, or honey your in the way or something like can you wait a few minutes?

Or have you been on the other end of it.... Or are you and your loved one both gamers and do it to each other?

What have the reactions been when you did this or someone did it to you? If you had not done this or had it happen to you... what are your thoughts on it?

This is not a joke thread but something that I really want to talk about providing that others are willing to talk about it and be honest.

My stance on it is that I have done it more than once as well as some of the boyfriends that I have have done it to me. I am okay with it because I know what its like to have that boss that keeps kicking your ass and you just cant put it down or on a jrpg that you can not save at every corner to have got allot of stuff done since the last save and you don't want to loose it all and if you just stop you might forget what you were doing.

Some of the guys have been understanding... others left out the door and never came back.
  • I am bit unwilling to admit it but I am one of those people who would go and say" Oi! what the heck is wrong with you woman! Don't you see I am in the middle!?". I think that it's ok do something like that. Because in all honesty, I don't go snuggling up to her when she is busy. Just because one activity is a game and other is drawing, being busy with either is equal. However saying it like that "I don't go snuggling up to you when you are busy" could be more harmful than helpful, on one hand it passes the point across very well but on the other it is extremely offending (truth hurts and people are not puppies, if you stick thier head into their poop on the carpet they tend to respond badly to it rather than "learn thier lesson", I hope that you get my metaphor) especially if it is done as a sign of affection and not out of thought to interefere with your game.

Couples are about partnership and cooperation, it is not about saying that your SO can do whatever they want and you'd go along with it. It presents no problems as long as there is a communication and understanding of the otherside - what value the activity that you are doing holds to you. Sadly, most of the people who do it to somebody who is working on their taxes or term papers deep down seem to understand that it is not very acceptable, However doing it to somebody who is "just playing a silly game" is acceptable in their mind. Obviously, it is due to lack of understanding that it not "just playing a silly game" - we get invested into our gaming and it holds a lot of value to us (even if you only look from the stand point of it being a form of escapism and relaxation method).

I firmly believe that if both sides talk it out and understand the gravity of the performed task it should be acceptable action to turn them down or tell them to wait.
  • Can't you just pause?
  • somaliangangsterpuff said:
    Can't you just pause?

No... Not when your in the middle of something. Or say that its demon souls and you are on the way back to get your souls that you lost... stopping is not a good thing at that point because you must get them back and then since you are there mine as well go father...

Or in a JRPG... you might forget where it is that you are going or what it is that you are doing...

I have never had an issue with my gamer bf's its the non gamer ones that have a hard time understanding that. Besides if your not in the mood because your engrossed in a game is having sex at that time really a good thing to be doing? I mean come on if your not in the mood your not in the mood.

I know for me... If I am seeing someone and they can not accept that part of my life and the importance of it then they are not the one for me. I would say that it would also depend on how you do it as well. If you say wtf is wrong with you... that would not be as good as saying hey Im just not in the mood right now but I will make it up to you later on... that is much better than saying get out of the fucking way.
  • only happened one time and it was a hockey game so i could pause it, and did after a minute or two. never had any real gamer girlfriends.
  • Oh man. Constantly. We do it to each other all the time. It's almost like a way to troll each other. And it can be a lot of fun getting one another all riled up.

I've lost some serious time because of this. As in I had to do an entire level over again. No contest, nookie always wins. Retribution from getting him back is pretty damn sweet though.

It is, however, our way of saying to eachother: babe, YOU'RE my priority.
  • Pausing is not always possible. Sure, it might be easy when you are playing single player game (though even those could be difficult but it varies on game to game basis) But what if you are playing a multiplayer game? But what if you are playing with your friends and in the middle of intense action in FPS of your choice,Raid in MMO or Sport match? Pausing or leaving prematurely is almost impossible without letting your whole team down.
  • All the time I mean I literally had sex while playing Minecraft. Minecraft was better.
  • I have to agree with you Jerom, there are times that its just not a good time to pause and step out of a game for a while. Its not like you can step out for 5 or 10 min and then you will be back.
  • I personally would find it HILLARIOUS if one of my teammates in game suddenly stopped moving and turns out he was getting toyed with by his lover :) it's ok, I understand it's just a game!

Some take games much more seriously, I just don't. In the same way if my g/f was tiddling my winky and I was in the middle of a RAID I'd appologize and just leave. I've done worse things unintentionally in my MMO career, I'm not losing any sleep over this. I may be losing sleep though :| over the lil' minx that's teasing me with her finger tips xD
  • I have done this, and have had it done to me. However my boyfriend is also a gamer, so we only ever do this when we know it's not going to be a big deal to stop. Between Halo games, or between Batman missions, or whatnot. ;)
  • Its good to be with a gamer but still there are those times that the other one well... just wants to see how much of a distraction they can be to the other one before they fuck up in the game. I think it was TC that said it before. Its a kind of trolling and foreplay that you can do with your lover that makes things nice.
  • Uhm I think I have to be the odd one of the bunch.
    I don't want to sound rude but... It's a game... I can see and understand why people would say "wait just a few " , but is a game really that important to put your partner on hold ?
    I love to cuddle and snuggle so if I feel if my partner would to do that, I wouldn't get angry but I would feel a little bit as if I was pushed away. I know it's not the intention but that's what I would feel.
    After all... Even if you do lose your certain spot or save... You are already wasting time playing a video game (not saying that it's a waste to play games ), does having to replay a whole hour getting the stuff you lost or getting back to where you were really matter that much to ignore an intimate moment?
  • SpaceOfSoul said:
    Uhm I think I have to be the odd one of the bunch.
    I don't want to sound rude but... It's a game... I can see and understand why people would say "wait just a few " , but is a game really that important to put your partner on hold ?
    I love to cuddle and snuggle so if I feel if my partner would to do that, I wouldn't get angry but I would feel a little bit as if I was pushed away. I know it's not the intention but that's what I would feel.
    After all... Even if you do lose your certain spot or save... You are already wasting time playing a video game (not saying that it's a waste to play games ), does having to replay a whole hour getting the stuff you lost or getting back to where you were really matter that much to ignore an intimate moment?

If you're needy, I can see how that would be a problem.
  • SpaceOfSoul said:
    does having to replay a whole hour getting the stuff you lost or getting back to where you were really matter that much to ignore an intimate moment?

for me... yeah. Besides if your the person that is getting put off there are things that you can do to make it more interesting... Like while they are playing a game that requires a lot of attention to see how much you can distract that person. You can make the intimate moment into a game in its self if you want to have some good ole gamer foreplay :D
  • Sunflower said:
    If you're needy, I can see how that would be a problem.

It's not so much that I am needy. It's just that lately I have been working full time and on top of it I have school. My bf has school as well so whatever time we have together is quite precious.

jaded_sapphire said:
    for me... yeah. Besides if your the person that is getting put off there are things that you can do to make it more interesting... Like while they are playing a game that requires a lot of attention to see how much you can distract that person. You can make the intimate moment into a game in its self if you want to have some good ole gamer foreplay :D

We have done things like this. And when he does play games sometimes I don't mind. But when he's been playing for a reasonable amount of time and I have been working 10 hours and he can't spare 1 second of his time, then that would irritate me.
  • LOL well its great that people are having good experiences, i remember one very prominent time where my gf would be messing with me more and more while I was playing splosion man trying to put me off... she always succeeded :P
  • Well what do you expect Moltile its easy to distract anyone with splosion man. I find it the most fun while playing VF5 or the Soul Calibur's.
  • I honestly haven't dated that many gamers in my time so it really has never been an issue, but I doubt if I would care that much if he told me he needed to get to a save point before doing anything....because I totally get that. lol Now, if he kept on going after that and I'm waiting in the bedroom for over an hour, then I would be pretty pissed of. Plus, I don't know many games these days that don't come with the ability to pause.

For me, I could probably resist until he started touching me while I was playing. :>
  • I get annoyed if I get hit up for sex to often. My last fling ended because I quite literally could not get her to stop initiating sex and watch a movie. In the 3 months we "together" I don't think I ever watched one form of media without being hit up for some dick. Ultimately I couldn't stomach it, there is a point when there is just too much sex. That said, I also don't mind if someone were to "push it off" for a short bit but constant denial would be aggravating as well...

I think I just need a fembot. Robosexual is going to be the next taboo anyways, I'll be ahead of the curve!
  • Brisby said:
    I honestly haven't dated that many gamers

Gamers are the best imho. They are more understanding in lots of things and most of the time they have no issues when you geek out on them.
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    Gamers are the best imho. They are more understanding in lots of things and most of the time they have no issues when you geek out on them.

I dont think I could be with a boy I couldnt play video games with. Gamers are just the best! :o
  • its happened to me a couple times, my fiance does it for various reasons

1: she is in the mood, in wich case i pause the game and 9 times out of 10 i don't end up going back to it
    2: she wants somthing, wants me to go to the shop or get her somthing from the kitchen. again i pause the game..but then somtimes i say FU get it yourself
    3: to make me smile, sometimes i get stressed out with games..on ocasions when im required to do somthing in game and i know i can do it but im just not quite getting it i end up getting frustrated..so she cheers me up :)

the trick is knowing what the situation is, luckily i have been with her for a long time so i know whats going on when it happens. she doesn't do it all the time though..she is a gamer herself and knows when NOT to do certian things lol when i tell her "FU go get it yourself" she never leaves or gets pissed off she just laughs..in my case me and my fiance are a perfect match for each other
  • jaded_sapphire said:

clever girl said:
    I dont think I could be with a boy I couldnt play video games with. Gamers are just the best! :o

It really wasn't so bad with the non-gamers, except for the occassional "aren't you too old to be playing this stuff?" speeches. There is one bf who I tried to get into gaming which I ended up deeply regretting because he turned into an asshole about it. It wasn't like: "hey, now let's play something together and have fun," it was: "now I'm gonna try to prove how much better I am and that I know so much more than you, nah!"

To give you an example, he tried convincing me that leveling up an in RPG was cheating. Well, good luck beating that high level boss on level 3, idiot. I remember he spent a week, A WEEK, trying to beat the first boss battle in FF10. It was really sad to watch because he was determined that it was his amazing strategies that were going to win the battle, none of that cheating, gaining levels crap. Then I played it with my character (who I leveled up appropriately) and beat the boss the first go and it was painfully easy. The bf was defeated a little but he still said that I was cheating. LOL I told him leveling up in an RPG is is kinda the point.

So yeah, I can't imagine why we didn't last. :rolleyes:
  • Gamer/Non Gamers you have to be careful who you choose. I tend to go more for the gamer because that is something that you can share as a couple. All the men that I have darted that were not gamers were not understanding about one of the 2 things that I do for myself that I enjoy.
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    Gamer/Non Gamers you have to be careful who you choose. I tend to go more for the gamer because that is something that you can share as a couple. All the men that I have darted that were not gamers were not understanding about one of the 2 things that I do for myself that I enjoy.

The last thing I want is a gamer girl who thinks she is hot shit because she is a girl. I want a girl who can fulfil my fantasies and gaming is something I can do on my own.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week