Big Chief Battles Season 3 Episode 1 - Street Fighter x Tekken
  • This is the first episode of Big Chief Battles Season 3. We're spending our time working together - in Street Fighter x Tekken. In our quest to become to the true Big Chiefs of the Internet, we've teamed up. Thankfully SF x T is 2v2 style - and lets your partner be someone over the internet!

Here's the first episode to Season 3. We toy around with each other a bit, and then play a game online to see how we're doing. This season's format will lend itself to drama, as you have to depend on your partner...and if one person drops the ball, there could be trouble.

[youtube]dQNYNws74BY[/youtube]

Leave us feedback and tips! We are on a quest to be the very best.
  • An awesome kick-off. It's gonna be fun following the progress. :)
  • One thing you guys could do in order to built some more team synergy is to go into training (via "Briefing Room") together in order to find some combos, tricks, and tactics with your characters of choice. Also, try to be less conservative with your super meter since you gain a lot very quickly in this game, so don't be shy about using EX moves or even supers from time to time!

Keep it up fellas, I'll be looking forward to seeing you two level up over time. :)
  • I will say with Sim my 3 gems are all 20% dmg up boosts from things like 4 special moves (which works good with yoga fire/drills) and blocked attacks, etc. If going all dmg up is a bad idea, definitely let us know.

I'll leave the EX moves for Locke - the only thing I'd really throw out is an EX fire and it's not terribly wonderful.
  • Seeing that training video, maybe i am going to buy this :p (seeing that chick ;) )
  • Epke said:
    (seeing that chick ;) )

Yes....... chick......
  • If you haven't planned anything special for a finale yet, how about clashing against some other teams of 'toobers? Could be something to do mid-way too.
  • So this isn't saying much, but Sunday Afternoon Locke and I ran wild like Hulkamania on ranked matches. Got Locke to >500BP and I'm approaching 1k. Takes a while. We'll probably level out at 1500 and then need to step our game up, I'm guessing.

We're seriously taking apart scrubs - thank god - and I'm finding it an effective use of meter to use the qcb+mpmk tag in as I whiff too many Cross supers. And nobody likes to be the dude that wasted the entire meter.

I understand I should use it to punish but...well. Sometimes either my timing or some lag gets me and it doesn't come out to punish, which makes me sad. So I go with the double-team.
  • Interesting and Exciting stuff. Eager to see more ;)
  • Sunflower said:
    I will say with Sim my 3 gems are all 20% dmg up boosts from things like 4 special moves (which works good with yoga fire/drills) and blocked attacks, etc. If going all dmg up is a bad idea, definitely let us know.

For Sim, going all damage is generally a waste, because you're not hitting them frequently enough (due to little-to-no combos) to truly get the most out of the boost. A better way to pad your character is to use a vitality gem to keep him alive longer since he's fairly frail, and/or a speed gem to keep people from getting used to your movement. Put those in place of at least one of those damage gems and you should be good.

Sunflower said:

I'll leave the EX moves for Locke - the only thing I'd really throw out is an EX fire and it's not terribly wonderful.

That's a shame, because Dhalsim's EX anti-air firebreath is very good, as is the anti-air version of his super. Both are excellent for keeping those annoying people that jump in constantly at bay.

Sunflower said:
    and I'm finding it an effective use of meter to use the qcb+mpmk tag in as I whiff too many Cross supers. And nobody likes to be the dude that wasted the entire meter.

I understand I should use it to punish but...well. Sometimes either my timing or some lag gets me and it doesn't come out to punish, which makes me sad. So I go with the double-team.

Rather than just throwing it out and hoping that it hits, take the time to get in a quick poke and cancel that into the tag super. The extra hit allows you to know for sure if you're going to connect and gives you a bit more breathing room to actually input the tag super as well.

Also, for better tagging, get used to being ready to hit the tag button whenever your partner connects (whether it actually hits or is blocked!) with a move. You'll instantly switch out, and it's generally safer for both you and your partner. Remember, you don't have to wait until your partner tags out; you can go ahead and get the hot tag yourself!

By the way, who has Locke been using? I know he's been playing around with a number of characters, so I'd like to know what you two have settled on so I can give better pointers and advice. :)

Anyways, good luck fellas!
  • SnakeX said:
    Many tipz

Alright I'll try to make Sim a little more durable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but movement + is only for walking speeds, yes? I think I'll leave those out.

Regarding my EX moves - why EX firebreath when back+roundhouse knee works fine without metrus? Hmm...

And lastly, to my GREAT shame, I did not know I could sort of tag myself in mid-combo. I don't think either of us knew that.

Locke is using Raven.
  • Sunflower said:
    Alright I'll try to make Sim a little more durable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but movement + is only for walking speeds, yes? I think I'll leave those out.

Affects jump arc and floatiness too!

Sunflower said:

Regarding my EX moves - why EX firebreath when back+roundhouse knee works fine without metrus? Hmm...

Damage, basically. 90 vs 140. I'd have to look into it, but I think you may be able to juggle after the firebreath as well.
    Also, it's no longer back+roundhouse anymore, it's just plain roundhouse in SFxT. :)

Sunflower said:

And lastly, to my GREAT shame, I did not know I could sort of tag myself in mid-combo. I don't think either of us knew that.

It's very useful! Not only does it allow you to bring yourself in and save your partner's ass, it also makes both of you look real flashy since it cuts the combo workload in half. :p

Sunflower said:

Locke is using Raven.

Ah, well I'm going to need to see more footage of how Locke has progressed since, but for the most part Raven should be all over everyone all the time, regardless of where he is on the screen.
    His projectile is VERY good, and like Dhalsim he can use it for both spacing and to mix people up by teleporting behind them while it's out. Like most Tekken characters, he's also got a good number of tricky overheads that are mixed in with low attacks which can easily catch people that don't know how to block them properly.
  • Oh many, so many damn things to learn. Thanks everyone for watching and especially to SnakeX for all the hot tips.

Like Sunny said, I'm playing as Raven. He is quick, has a nice array of special moves, and his combos are not too difficult to pull off. I like being able to zone OR be aggressive with him.
    I'm running a rainbow of gems right now, so I'm looking for any input on those.

Thanks guys.
  • Locke said:

I'm running a rainbow of gems right now, so I'm looking for any input on those.

Depends on what your preferred playstyle with him is, but I'd say something like two damage gems and one meter gain gem could work. The damage boost will complement his combos, while the meter gain boost will let you have more meter more often to continue using EX moves (depending on how often you use them to begin with of course!).

Glad to be of help, by the way. I love talking fighting game strategy. :)
  • Thanks again Snake. Seriously it is most appreciated since I don't have the time to do the hard ass research it takes to get these details sorted.
    Plus, fighting game strategy talk gives me a chub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week