Games Only Podcast 28 - ME3, SF x Tekken, SMNC
  • [center][youtube]cmY6CvY3qAk[/youtube][/center]

--Limited ME3 talk. No spoilers, but interesting discussion.

--X-Men Destiny. Yep.

--Street Fighter x Tekken talk.

-- Super Monday Night Combat

--UFC Undisputed 3

--Praise for the Darkness II

and mo'

http://traffic.libsyn.com/gamesonly/gop28.mp3

http://www.reddit.com/r/podcasts/comments/qojoh/games_only_podcast_28_mass_effect_3_street/
  • Not listened yet, but could I make a very minor request? Would you be able to stick to a single naming system for the GOP mp3 files? I only ask as when I try and scroll through them on my phone they're all over the place because some are GOP_21, some are GamesOnlyPodcast22 and some are GOP23. Otherwise, I have a 4-hour round trip with a sleeping baby in the back seat tomorrow, so I'll be listening to this as I go, can't wait - especially the spoiler-free ME3 talk.

Also, I've just noticed your signature. I withdraw all my previous statements. Love you too, big guy :D .

EDIT SOME TIME LATER:...Aww, be like that then.
  • I would hope that those who import a character for ME3 show the game that we have experience with how the system works and start us off at a higher level so we don't have to grind along at the lower levels. And those without a save file will start from level 1. But I haven't tried starting a new game without a save file. And I won't touch it till after I finish my playthrough.

I appreciate you being able to talk about ME3 without any big spoilers. I was nervous about listening to the show but you were cautious and I appreciate that.
  • OboeCrazy said:
    I appreciate you being able to talk about ME3 without any big spoilers. I was nervous about listening to the show but you were cautious and I appreciate that.

It's good being at different spots in the game. I'd hate to ruin a part for someone else.

Related, I saw your 'cried twice' tweet and last night, I experienced one. The song stopped too early. :(

Yeah I got misty eyed.
  • So this probably doesn't come as a surprise, but ...

I played X-Men Destiny at release. HP is right, its a super easy and quick 1000. Takes no more than 10 hours and one playthrough (with select chapter replays). Personally, I didn't find the game offensive or anything and ended up liking it. I'm one who prefers a casual beat 'em up to a mediocre shooter though. I was expecting it to be way worse than I found it.

And you two need to stop dogging on Dragon Age 2. I recently replayed it and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had made it out to be. Sure its different from DA:O, but its not a terrible game.
  • wtrswoopes said:
    So this probably doesn't come as a surprise, but ...

I played X-Men Destiny at release. HP is right, its a super easy and quick 1000. Takes no more than 10 hours and one playthrough (with select chapter replays). Personally, I didn't find the game offensive or anything and ended up liking it. I'm one who prefers a casual beat 'em up to a mediocre shooter though. I was expecting it to be way worse than I found it.

And you two need to stop dogging on Dragon Age 2. I recently replayed it and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had made it out to be. Sure its different from DA:O, but its not a terrible game.

I am actually planning on replaying it with a deformed looking character once ME3 is all done. I made a dude just for fun a couple days before ME3 released, and I think I'm ready to head back to Shit Mountain, now that the achievements are fixed.
  • Great episode! Thanks for staying spoiler free on ME3; can't wait to dive in myself. My favorite Coop game also goes to Halo. It was more the bonding experience with my best friend than the game itself, but the game is what brought us the connection, I guess. However, in recent memory, Portal 2 was ingenious with its coop. I don't think I've felt actually felt 'smart' in a game other than figuring out a couple of those puzzles before my partner could. Explaining solutions to my partner was another story, but hey, I figured it out! ... I really should play through the DLC to that...

Anyway, great job on the podcast! Looking forward to next week!
  • Good episode gentlemen.
    I haven't touched ME3 yet, because I had such a busy week. Listening to you talk about space without any spoilers made me want to put down SFxT and actually start shooting some aliens as Shephard.

Speaking of punching dudes, I have not had much time to play as Sunny and Doc but I think SFxT is a fun game. Initially I was getting frustrated at the level of play but I am really getting excited for the journey that is BCB Season 3. Again, not much time to play but a very fun game for FIGHTING GAME FANS ONLY (read: do not play this hp unless you want your shit pushed in, or only play with friends).

Other than that, I dabbled in some UFC3 and did manage to control my character in the fight. It is an overly complex game and I have no idea what is going on half the time, but it is really satisfying to knock a dude out. Review forthcoming.

Anyways, had fun with the show, good discussion and it is nice to hear your chemistry coming along. Love you guys.
  • Man, how did you guys get James Earl Jones to record your intro!?

Good episode guys, very interesting talk about ME3. It's nice to have my expectations managed before going in to the game; sounds like if I had gotten too hyped up for it I'd be in for a disappointment. I'll still be playing it since I'm so invested in the series, but will be prepared for more of the same instead of a revolution.

I thought it was interesting that Sunny did that thing in UFC3 where he forgot to choose a corner and ended up watching the AI fight itself without noticing; exactly the same thing happened to Jeff Gerstmann during the Giant Bomb Quick Look. Kind of makes you think...

Your conversation about the best coop experiences was great to listen to and got me thinking about my own. Gears of War 2 on Horde mode would be hard to beat purely on the merit of how much time I spent playing it with you guys. MUA has to get a special mention though because it was so ridiculous and fun with four people; I remember when we had to very slowly and painfully work out why the game kept disconnecting us at the start of a certain water level (answer: we were using DLC characters with no swim animation). Good times!
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    I thought it was interesting that Sunny did that thing in UFC3 where he forgot to choose a corner and ended up watching the AI fight itself without noticing; exactly the same thing happened to Jeff Gerstmann during the Giant Bomb Quick Look. Kind of makes you think...

Your conversation about the best coop experiences was great to listen to and got me thinking about my own. Gears of War 2 on Horde mode would be hard to beat purely on the merit of how much time I spent playing it with you guys. MUA has to get a special mention though because it was so ridiculous and fun with four people; I remember when we had to very slowly and painfully work out why the game kept disconnecting us at the start of a certain water level (answer: we were using DLC characters with no swim animation). Good times!

Really! Wow, that's quite unusual that both of us would do the exact same thing...

MUA might be it for me. No swim animation...how horrible.
  • I might not have played much, but I do hope that SMNC stays in beta for a LONG time. Whole 'lotta bugs and glitches.

Haven't played SFxT, probably won't, but it looks like the kind of crazy that 2D fans enjoy.

Heard from friends that MF3 was pretty much more of the same, but I haven't played any of them so I can't tell if that's good or bad. Friends seem to be happy.
  • .Ethereal. said:
    I might not have played much, but I do hope that SMNC stays in beta for a LONG time. Whole 'lotta bugs and glitches.

It's already out of beta, but is still in invitational to control the surge of people. I've played a fair few matches and any bug that I've found has been fixed with the next patch. What bugs and glitches are you referring to?
  • Fell through the ground at least 4 times, died whilst activating annihilator and got stuck there for the entire match, dodged with assassin and went through two walls and consequently ringed out, to name a few.

And although it's not a bug the camera seems a little... wonky. Might be my lack of experience with TP games though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week