are you fucking kidding me?
  • i cant imagine anyone here that thinks this women is right or even a good person but if anyone wants to play devils advocate lets see what you got.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/michigan-woman-still-collecting-food-stamps-winning-1-201751693.html
  • what a piece of dogshit on a stick.Although I don't get why the bill says to cross check "winners of $1,000 or more" as even if you win 3,000 it would go to mortgage and groceries and gas in a month easy even in the slums.
  • But you guys, she has TWO houses.
  • ohhhhh sorry swoops i missed that part. now i feel stupid for making this post.
  • wtrswoopes said:
    But you guys, she has TWO houses.

man i feel bad now.
  • but its her choice to have two houses right? she can have one house..a cheap house and just live comfortably for a few years without the need for food stamps
  • Ok, given the fact that taxes are taken out of lottery prizes, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!(woah, deja vu) As the ATHF movie put it, I should give her a dick just so I can have "Satan rain down [her] throat with hot acid. Dissolving [her] testicles and turning her guts into snakes." I think such a a punishment must be public and only thing would it be appropriate.

Sorry, that made me a little angry.
  • i see the replubicans using this as a point, "see welfare will be abused get rid of it".

This woman is a parasite, but worse why did the government not know of this, in holland the lottery winners are guided, in tax and all that so the government knows who the winners are, not in the USA?
  • You don't have to worry. You don't have to wish this woman ill. She will be very poor again very soon. She is obviously stupid. You hand a dumb person a million dollars, they spend it. She won't be able to hang onto the new house, she hasn't planned that far ahead. This is a situation where justice will take care of itself.
  • but she's struggling!!!

I'm sure she'll be like every other lottery winner and have it all used up in less than a year and then she'll need that card again. *shrugs*
  • I don't think there is any type of guidance Epke as long as the government gets their cut they don't get involved. I think that everything is just paper work here and everyone is doing so much paper work cause there are so many people filling out paper work nothing gets done.
  • Two felony charges were filed against her today.

Instead of jail time, I'd rather see them just force her to pay back the amount she got from welfare from the time she won the lotto. Why keep wasting tax payer dollars on this lady.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/michigan-lotto-winner-charged-welfare-fraud-132900962.html
  • Don't worry she will be forced to pay back the over payment and she will not be able to get ANY benefits again for 5 years for fraud regardless of what her needs become. They don't always catch them right away but when on the reporting system they have 30 days to report any money that they get that is not a loan and the state fraud departments check it on a regular basis. Also if you have two houses she should not be on food stamps or anything else until one of her homes is sold because it is a source of potential income. It sucks but that is the way that it works and I am glad that she is caught. Of course I am stating these facts as to what the law is here in Oregon when I worked there. I can not stand people that abuse the system because it gives the wrong impression of the people that need the system.
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    I can not stand people that abuse the system because it gives the wrong impression of the people that need the system.

could not agree more, my mom didnt want a handout. but she didnt want to see her kids hungry more than that.
  • wtrswoopes said:

Instead of jail time, I'd rather see them just force her to pay back the amount she got from welfare from the time she won the lotto. Why keep wasting tax payer dollars on this lady.

I 100% agree with this, I heard about this women awhile ago and was surprised they didn't catch on to it sooner.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week