• [center][youtube]6VKMUTYCxKQ[/youtube][/center]

--Dr. Plays American Nightmare

--hp1703 and Sunny give the new Twisted Metal a try

--Sunny plays Microsoft Flight. Yep.

--Sunny also plays the Darkness II

--Assassin's Creed 3 talk!

--and such

http://traffic.libsyn.com/gamesonly/gop_27.mp3

Chip edit: Looking at Reddit to pimp GOP, any of those who use it, feel free to uprate it!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/podcasts/comments/qfkg2/games_only_podcast_27_assassins_creed_3_twisted/
  • The first intro seems redundant and unnecessary. It introduces everyone, but immediately after that, hp does his intro where he introduces everyone. I think it was fine before without that first intro.
  • Fry-40 said:
    The first intro seems redundant and unnecessary. It introduces everyone, but immediately after that, hp does his intro where he introduces everyone. I think it was fine before without that first intro.

I'll tell HP to never introduce us again, as you have requested. This will break his heart.

Also WTF at the ads here :O "Call of Roma - One Click for a Roman Orgy!" :O
  • Sunflower said:
    I'll tell HP to never introduce us again, as you have requested. This will break his heart.

Also WTF at the ads here :O "Call of Roma - One Click for a Roman Orgy!" :O

NOOOOOOOOoOOooooOOoOOOOOOOoooOOOooo!
    Keep HP's introduction and remove the over the top for no particular reason introduction. It just wouldn't be the same if he didn't introduce you guys. It always starts off the podcast with smiles :)
  • Fry-40 said:
    NOOOOOOOOoOOooooOOoOOOOOOOoooOOOooo!
    Keep HP's introduction and remove the over the top for no particular reason introduction. It just wouldn't be the same if he didn't introduce you guys. It always starts off the podcast with smiles :)

You could kinda just merge the two, have the GOP theme just be music and have Hps intro be the voice that introduces everyone and the show.
  • I've already said I'm not fond of the new intro, so I wont go into that.

Really enjoyed the show, even with all the non-gaming chatter. (hell at least it weren't damn wrestling talk)

Really liking the sound of Microsoft flight, but only if there's seaplanes, cause that would be awesome! Tell me its so sunnybuns.

Still have mixed thoughts on the Assassins Creed reveals. I do kind of agree with HP that it feels like there's a bit of pandering going on with the games audience, and can't help but come back to the belief that when AC does return to the present/near future it will end up set lazily in New York because everything seems to happen in New York.
    Plus it seems strange/stupid that they would take the story into the American Revolutionary War and not the French Revolution which is set around the same time, and frankly the far more influential event on the world stage. Plus would tie in better with all the Brotherhood stuff.
    Your thoughts?
  • While I agree that moving Assassins Creed out of Europe into America feels like a rather dramatic and not very welcome shift....the American Revolutionary War is a really fascinating time and not often seen in video games. If the storyline needs a war going on then I'm interested in seeing what the developer can do with a new country and a war that games haven't explored yet.
  • I'm downloading it now. An idea for you fellas; I just subscribed on iTunes and I noticed that your description is the same for every episode. Every other podcast I listen to has a description of the shows' topics in the mini-discription that your can hover over with your mouse. You could could add that and maybe drive up the interest in the show if they know what to expect.

Also, your podcast's main page description is pretty short. Maybe you could give it some more information? You've devoted so much to this show already, why not make it look like it to unfamiliar listeners?

Just a thought. Looking forward to listening.
  • Fuzzy said:
    I'm downloading it now. An idea for you fellas; I just subscribed on iTunes and I noticed that your description is the same for every episode. Every other podcast I listen to has a description of the shows' topics in the mini-discription that your can hover over with your mouse. You could could add that and maybe drive up the interest in the show if they know what to expect.

Also, your podcast's main page description is pretty short. Maybe you could give it some more information? You've devoted so much to this show already, why not make it look like it to unfamiliar listeners?

Just a thought. Looking forward to listening.

Odd, I will wait for HP to do a writeup (general) but I am not sure why every episode looks the same on iTunes. Hmm. I will look into it.
  • I don't mind the intro, but the sound levels need tuning, background music is too loud or is it supposed to be foreground music? :p

Although, i am not a fan off the ass. creed franchise, i welcome this idea, not enough open world games set in those times, although i hope that reloading a musket is not a QTE!
  • Yeah, I'm the same as Epke - no real interest in the AC franchise (in fact, despite never having played a game of it, I'm a little sick of the whole thing, please tell me this is going to be the final one? Something tells me no), but I don't have a problem with the story moving to the American Revolution, get a little American Gothic in there, some powdered wigs, people talking about restitution and representation, maybe some tea chests. It's not a period I know a lot about, so I bet it'll be different.

Victorian London would also have been an interesting setting (stovepipe hats and steam engines), or the French Revolution (more powdered wigs!), but the games have gradually been moving West as they've gone along so they were always going to end up in the US eventually.

Great show overall, just enough meandering side stuff to keep it hilarious!
  • Enjoyed listening to the show guys, although Sunny needs to remember that talking in increasingly tangential hypotheticals is going to confuse the hell out of people who don't already know what he's talking about. If you want to talk about a piece of news, assume that the listener doesn't know anything about it.

I'm looking forward to ACIII (and will probably end up playing it a year after it comes out, as I do with all AC games). I don't really see it as pandering that the game is now set in the US; the previous games were set in periods that most people don't know all that much about and it didn't seem to hurt their appeal. I'm just about as ignorant about the American Revolution as I am the Rennaissance so it'll be cool to have such a dramatic change of setting. Plus, everyone knows the English make the best villains :)
  • Sunflower's story about Twisted Metal on the PS2 was amazing. Nobody could have expected a story about Twisted Metal to turn into that. I laught out loud in a quiet office cubicle for 5 minutes when I heard that this morning.

My plan for AC3 is that whenever I see a British person complain about it, I'll say "You're only angry because they put your grandfather getting killed on the cover."

I completely agree with Sunflower about all of what he said regarding AC3. I played AssBro and was pleased, but not overjoyed. I skipped AssRev because really it's just more of the same from what I've heard. AC2 was fucking unbelievable and if those same people have been working on AC3, then I'm all in. AC2 was an amazing game and I look at AC3 with the hopes that this one over-shadows the 2 recent "expansion packs" that were AssBro/Rev. The whole setting of AC3 makes logical sense; every protagonist has been an outcast in some way and the idea of a rogue Native American character fits really well in this scenerio. The is a great chance for some really interesting and believable twists on history regarding how creepy the founding fathers were with their foggy connections to the Masons, or like how Thomas Jefferson was a diest.

The thing about this series, which people in this thread are doing already, is that this game fucking says before the start screen (I paraphrase) "Religion, etc. Don't take this game too seriously" and I think people are doing that already. The arguement about "Where the next Grand Theft Auto game takes place" is perfect. I think people forgot how good AC2 was, and looking back, I don't think anyone gave a shit that it was in Italy when the game was over. If the game will be as good as AC2 was, you can put it in the shittiest, most stupid location ever and I would probably still be psyched to play it.

Now I need to talk to you guys about the subject you discussed after AC3...your "sexual harassment" discussion. As I was listening I wanted to slap all HP and Sunflower in the face. Both of you. That was the worst fucking "discussion" I have ever heard and the fact that Sunflower spun it down into the ground and then "ended the show" was pretty shitty. You guys should have either stopped recording, edit the shitty parts out, and then do a quick little "Good bye" at the end OR you should have stopped recording, gather your berrings with each other, and then re-recorded it with a better discussion. Who ever edits/ed this show should be ashamed. You guys aren't recording live for anyone, so you should make an effort to pollish your shit so that you can impress people, not provide a 90% good show and then drive it straight into the mud.

Let me put it into a listener's context, because this is my exact perspective on the matter; I'm a working gamer. I don't have time to read gaming blogs or news sites all day long. The news you guys talked about AC3 was like food for me; all new and I ate it up like a hungry fat kid. I felt good. I was pumped about AC3, feeling great. Then, you start talking about sexual harassment and fighting games, something which I assume is news, but again know nothing about. How do you follow up a really good AC3 discussion? You fall apart. HP broke character (usually he's up for a good discussion) but instead he almost seemed like he was ready to twist anything Sunflower said. As I was listening to HP and Sunny shoot back and forth, I was thinking "Does HP even want to discuss this? It seems like he just wants to quit he show early." HP breaking character isn't a sin. We're all allowed to do it, but since Sunny wasn't able to adapt to HP's tone was a huge flop. You guys have known each other for like 4+ years, shouldn't you be able to gauge each other's mannerisms better than that? Sunny basically got surprised, annoyed, and then gave up talking to HP. It was embarassing for me as a person who knows you both fairly well in chat.

The other part of me is now left with no insight into this sexual harassment case. I saw SnakeX retweet something by a female fighting gamer this weekend, but it was some cryptic bullshit that I don't understand because, as I said, I'm not into reading every gamer blog out there. All I had going into this discussion was "Oh, is Sunny going to talk about that angry chick on twitter?" and then my question went unanswered because you let the bottom fall out and your show ended. You guys could have just cut the show off after the AC3 discussion and it would have been another fine installment. Simple editing.

I see zero effort here. No editing effort, no effort to stop and take a breath and restart the discussion, no effort to keep things on track. This isn't like you guys. You've had some great discussions before and you've set the bar high for yourselves with previous episodes. This episode was almost a test for you guys; can they set the bar high and meet it consecutively? Apparently not.

Sorry to rag on you guys so much; I hope this feedback helps. I know you guys can do better and I love when you have solid discussions on your show and that's why I listen and that's why I'll keep listening for a very long time. I'm looking forward to your next show, however, since you're putting ME3 on hold (which I understand), I hope you don't spend the entire show on SFxT which is doubtful since I'm sure Sunny and Doc will be all over it ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week