KickinBack Pilot Episode!
  • [center] image

MonochromaticX and Slixshot return to the podcasting realm! This time we're trying something new, something special, something different. You're mind will be blown by the amazing editing that doesn't exist. This show is about as bare-bones as it gets. Come hang out for a bit and talk about games, life, and whatever else we can think of. \m/

Note: This show contains profanity

Download

Itunes Link To Come

[video=youtube;4XFChoqqm5M]

Musical Credit
    Intro
    BEST OUTRO EVER

[/center]
  • There are currently 23 users browsing this thread.Fuck
    oh and could you make a youtubey linky like the GOP?
  • somaliangangsterpuff said:
    There are currently 23 users browsing this thread.Fuck
    oh and could you make a youtubey linky like the GOP?

That's up to chip, if he wants to post the show on the noobtoob army youtube channel... otherwise, the download link should just send you directly to the audio player
  • Slixshot said:
    That's up to chip, if he wants to post the show on the noobtoob army youtube channel... otherwise, the download link should just send you directly to the audio player

If the show continues to produce and at quality we can talk about it, there's too many podcasts to list that have died after the first or second episode. However, I already make the GOP video and that's a pain in the ass, if KickinBack does go to the NTA Channel I'll probably just give one of you access and get you to upload it yourselves.
  • Chip said:
    If the show continues to produce and at quality we can talk about it, there's too many podcasts to list that have died after the first or second episode. However, I already make the GOP video and that's a pain in the ass, if KickinBack does go to the NTA Channel I'll probably just give one of you access and get you to upload it yourselves.

Works for me, man. I have no preference really as I don't listen to my own show. It's really if other people want it.
  • This was quite entertaining, keep it up!
  • laphamking said:
    This was quite entertaining, keep it up!

We were wondering what you would think :P Any criticisms? (Note: We may not actually make the changes. As stated in the podcast, we're trying not to be like other shows; less professional I guess)
  • It certainly has promise, and you guys do have some good chemistry. So keep refining it and I'm sure it will get better and better. Nice work chaps.
  • Glad you guys enjoyed the podcast. It certainly gives us an extra dose of motivation :)
  • I liked it. Sounded calm and relaxed. Not like an uptight just facts podcast. I hope this one doesn't fizzle out in the next couple episodes.
  • Please enjoy, we're now on YOUTUBE :D
  • Slixshot said:
    Works for me, man. I have no preference really as I don't listen to my own show. It's really if other people want it.

You need to play games. I want to hear you guys talk more about games.
  • I enjoyed this pilot episode. For as much fanfare as there was about how you were going to talk about all sorts of topics, the pilot seemed to be pretty game-centric. That's not a bad thing, but you'll probably want to make sure you integrate other topics into future episodes. For instance, I think there was a part about half-way through that Slix was talking about all the books he's read recently... I think that would have been a perfect time to branch the conversation towards books.

I suppose I'm surprised that the reason Mono doesn't like KOA: Reckoning is the combat. Most people who I've heard from about the game say that the combat is the best part. It seems like your problem with the combat, beyond the frustration of being stuck in taking-damage animation loops, was that it's far too simplistic. I have been assured (by Doc and others) that the combat can be very involved... but I'll agree with you that there doesn't seem to be an obvious depth to the combat initially. Maybe if you stick with it and change your tactics your opinion will change? ... or maybe you'll still dislike it, I don't know.

I know you're going for a very laid-back vibe, but I DO think you're going to want to be cognizant of the time. Keeping the podcast around or under an hour is probably ideal. Don't be so relaxed that this ends up being a multi-hour endeavor.

Look forward to the next one. Oh... and thanks for the GOP shout-out!
  • Great show I really enjoyed it
  • hp1703 said:
    I enjoyed this pilot episode. For as much fanfare as there was about how you were going to talk about all sorts of topics, the pilot seemed to be pretty game-centric. That's not a bad thing, but you'll probably want to make sure you integrate other topics into future episodes. For instance, I think there was a part about half-way through that Slix was talking about all the books he's read recently... I think that would have been a perfect time to branch the conversation towards books.

We will try and more topics in there next episode,we can't help it, we are always thinking and talking about games :P

Don't worry we won't be waaayy too laid back that the show will last for hours and hours, we realize that will be too long for the listeners (even though I did listen to a 6 hours live podcast once, but thats another story)

I will be trying to different class combos in KoA to see if they play better, thankfully I can do that anytime in the game which is pretty neat.

Thanks for the feedback :) and you're welcome for the shout out :)
  • DrNefarious said:
    Great show I really enjoyed it

Wow, thanks man! It means a lot! On another note, do you have ps3 or 360? It'd be cool to play with ya sometime :)
  • I have both ;)
    Xbox : mattman9723 (although I never add anyone on Xbox)
    Psn : M-Man9756

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week