The Last Story thread
  • I didn't see a thread for this game so I thought I should start one.
    The Last Story is a JRPG developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive and published by Nintendo for the Wii. It's was released the 27th January in Japan. In Europe it will be released on the 24th February.

I have preordered the game. It's the be the first Wii game I've bought in half a year. It's also the first JRPG I've bought in half a year. One reason I'm interested in this game is the battle system. It's looks very innovative for a JRPG.
  • WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE ANY REPLIES!?!? *cough* I haven't preordered the game yet but honestly, I've been so busy lately that it would just collect dust...like Mass Effect 3. Admittedly...and sadly, at that..it would be the first title I've purchased from Mist Walker. Which is...uh..(clever word to explain how I feel following this parenthesis..) considering how often I bash Square Enix and chat up the Square Enix days of old when Hironobu was still at the helm. It seems Last Story has gotten some amazing scores (overlooking Famitsu, which seems to be overly lenient toward Japanese games) and I -hope- it is received well with the western audience. Not only do I hope this does well, but I hope Versus XIII does fine also.
  • Because this thread should be deleted. This news thread is pretty acive when there is news. But only make discussion threads if the game is 2 weeks away from release. Thats the rule.
  • XxBarretxX said:
    But only make discussion threads if the game is 2 weeks away from release. Thats the rule.

Actually the rule is one week! I've moved this to news for reasons Barret specified. However, I don't remember what the fuck The Last Story is, it's the game with the weird gryphon rat thing right?
  • ok I had a look around and got some stuff to post.

The Last Story has a NA release date. 19th of June, 2012.

Debut trailer.
    [video=youtube;m0UNe8bNfEo]

GameSpot review.
    [video=youtube;mstufZwMJQ0]

Pictures.
    In a town

Fighting some things.

ZOMG Big Boss! jk. :D

So I started thinking about Lost Odyssey when I was looking at this. then I realized that Mistwalker made that too. :rolleyes:
  • As someone who has played the game in Japanese to completion, my fellow Westerners should enjoy this title very much. :) It'll serve well following up after Tales of Graces f and Xenoblade pretty much wipe out March, April, and May.

People who don't support good RPGs don't deserve them, so you guys all need to go get this! And no, this is an action RPG, so it is not the standard, archaic turn-based system JRPGs are known for. Other exceptional things about this game are the auto-save feature (a good idea lifted from PC games) and the fine-tuned encounters with monsters that feel unique and rewarding.
  • XxBarretxX said:
    But only make discussion threads if the game is 2 weeks away from release. Thats the rule.

Sorry. When I posted this thread it was about 2 weeks away from release in Europe. And at the time the game wasn't coming to America, so I thought it would be okay to post this.
  • jenskeroro said:
    Sorry. When I posted this thread it was about 2 weeks away from release in Europe. And at the time the game wasn't coming to America, so I thought it would be okay to post this.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that. You can make a GD thread then, have fun!
  • I finally got my hands on the game about a week ago. It's good. The combat and controls are fine but there's not much of a story. The game is pretty good but nothing more than that.
  • story should be first priority in the last story :D
  • I liked the story, though I think the gameplay is the strongest part of the game. It's certainly not "traditional" JRPG faire as far as gameplay, so I think a lot of people here might like it when it comes out in June. :)
  • valius said:
    I liked the story, though I think the gameplay is the strongest part of the game. It's certainly not "traditional" JRPG faire as far as gameplay, so I think a lot of people here might like it when it comes out in June. :)

I'm not a big fan of the story. The characters are as shallow and cliche as in almost every other JRPG ever and the story is just really boring. [SPOILER]I mean the story about the land dying and the outsider is impossible to get into. You never see the land dying so it feels like everything is allright so it's really hard to care about the world and the people in it. [/SPOILER]
    The gameplay is good but I don't really thinks it makes up for the boring as hell storyline.
  • How many ways can YOU say Final Fantasy? Real great originality here Sakaguchi.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week