Do you "groom" your body hair?
  • I'm curious to the men and women of our forums about how often you groom your non-traditional body hair, meaning, private areas, legs, armpits, chest hair, and any other non-head hair. For some people and cultures, the body hair has unique connections.

I myself particularly like shaving my armpits. I once read an article about how odors can attach to hair folicles, so if there is no hair then odor is likely to be less. I have white chest hair, which looks like shit anyway, so I usually look better with no hair.

Less often I shave my privates for the same reason, 3-4 times per year. It's scary as hell using a razor on my balls and feels super weird when they're smooth. Odor goes way down, which is great when I work out because you get less of a swamp-ass smell. Gooch hair is pretty hard to really trim, so I usually use a small clippers. I can't shave my ass, too hard to reach around to get a good complete shave, but I would if I could.

I don't shave my legs, but I know guys who do.

I'm curious what other people do here.
  • I shaved my legs in HS once cuz I thought it was getting too long. Contrary to popular belief (or maybe it's me) it didn't grow back even longer. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's any longer or even as long now, 15 years later. back than I could curl it! I couldn't do that now, in fact I don't even notice hair at all unless I'm real sweaty. Maybe I just got used to it.

I've cut my pit hairs a few times over the years... but not more than like once every 5 years. I'd probly do it more if I had a reason too, but imo the more smelly the better :).

Didn't start shaving my pubes until I was like 23, and since than I do that once every few weeks when shit starts falling out :|. I'd ofc do it more if there was somebody else to appreciate the effort :).

I wish I could figure out a way to shave my asshole. I'm starting to get old man nose hairs too and trying to shave them with my shaver/ razor either damn near cuts my nose off or chafes the skin like a bitch.

I don't shave my chest, as a brown man I don't grow much hair in that area.
  • Back in high school I use to shave my chest and arm pits. It was mostly a trial thing, I did it for maybe a semester. Then I got a girl and thought that guys should do that so I stopped. Off that opinion I just never did it again and haven't had any complaints yet.

Now as for my privates I do like to keep that area trimmed. Like Fuzzy said it does tend to feel like I sweat less when I don't have as much hair there. The more important reason for keeping it trimmed is for when I have company.

PROTIP: No one wants to rub their crotch on sand paper.(well most people don't)

When I first started shaving my privates I would just get rid of all of it cause it was easier. Then when I got a girl she hated when I shaved cause when that stubble came back it was prickly and rough. So if you don't plan on shaving on a regular basis then it's just a good idea to trim.
  • I'll trim the armpits and... other areas if it all gets too long. But, no, I'm far too lazy to do anything else with it.

I've always fancied shaving Yoda into my chest hair, though. That way, when I cruise the streets topless people will know what's up...
  • knowname said:
    I wish I could figure out a way to shave my asshole.

Brazilian bikini waxes will solve that problem, if you can handle pain. ;)

Anyway, I use to have to shave my legs and underarms every day because the hair would grow so quickly. Even if I shaved in the mornings, I would feel the stubble by the end of the day. I started using other methods and now I prefer to use an epilator especially for my legs. Now the hair grows so slowly and sparsely that I can go for a couple weeks without having to really worry about it. I do still have to shave the back of my legs and around the knees because the skin there is just way too sensitive for me to epilate it. The bad thing about epilating is that you do have to worry about ingrown hairs. You have to use special lotions and washes to make sure they don't get too irritated.

As for the nether regions, I prefer to leave that area trimmed way down or have nothing there at all. It's not to impress anyone, I just hate having hair there and it makes me feel more sanitary if I don't have any at all. Again, Brazilian bikini waxes work wonders. :p
  • I'm interested in getting my chest waxed. I know they have those kits where you can do it yourself, which I'd rather want to do on my own the first time. I'm not sure how normal it is for a guy to schedule a waxing.
  • Fuzzy said:
    I'm interested in getting my chest waxed. I know they have those kits where you can do it yourself, which I'd rather want to do on my own the first time. I'm not sure how normal it is for a guy to schedule a waxing.

Im sure there are more than a few body uilders that do it.
  • Fuzzy said:
    I'm interested in getting my chest waxed. I know they have those kits where you can do it yourself, which I'd rather want to do on my own the first time. I'm not sure how normal it is for a guy to schedule a waxing.

You should have someone else do it first time. You don't want to burn yourself with the wax, that and after you pull the first strip you will probably be hesitant to pull the others, whoever is waxing you wont have that.
  • I've been waxing nearly everything for a little while now. The pain makes me giggle, but I don't know if that's considered weird.

._.
  • Chip said:
    You should have someone else do it first time. You don't want to burn yourself with the wax, that and after you pull the first strip you will probably be hesitant to pull the others, whoever is waxing you wont have that.

Sounds like the voice of experience.

I know because I did exactly this. Never went for a wax in my life till last summer... a little awkward sitting there with my legs akimbo in front of a complete stranger. ANYWAY point is, it didn't hurt as much as if I'd have done it myself and gods know I'm a chicken shit, so yeah. Pulling off that first strip would have been very painful I'm sure...

I have problems because I have ridiculously sensitive skin. So, once a week I shave.
  • tallchick said:
    Sounds like the voice of experience.

It used to be a side job my Mom did for friends, or friends of friends, and not being particularly old when she did it, I was always brought along. It was always pretty eye-opening seeing this huge, intimidating dude scream like a little girl from getting his back waxed.
  • i trim the upper and side pubes whenever i adjust my pants and yank on some hair (i do it pretty much so it dosnt hurt when i adjust my pants)
    i am not hairy at all on my chest and didnt start getting hair there until...well lets just say i was a late bloomer. so when i did get hair on my chest i shaved it once or twice because of that rumor that it will come back thicker and quicker (i dont believe that anymore). i also shaved a very small patch of my ankle just to test the whole thicker quicker saying. that was back in my late teens and i forget exactly where on my ankle i shaved so that tells you there is no difference visible.
    i dont get shaving your legs unless your a girl or a swimmer, and i wouldnt ever shave my pits. back hair i can see if its ridiculously bad, i knew a guy who had his wife shave his back every two weeks and he still had more hair on his back than i do on my head by the time she shaves it for him again.
  • Fuzzy said:
    I like shaving my armpits. I shave my privates, 3-4 times per year. It's scary as hell using a razor on my balls and feels super weird when they're smooth. Gooch hair is pretty hard to really trim, so I usually use a small clippers. I can't shave my ass, too hard to reach around to get a good complete shave, but I would if I could.

AHAHAhahashaha ahahahahawww god i'm such a child
    just that part of you shaving your balls and ur ass ahahaha oooh i
    think i have calmed down now, sorry that was so amusing and ironic
    that you shave so much and ur called Fuzzy :D

havn't got to read the rest of the post yet so unto that

so i don't shave anywhere else apart from my face and at the moment
    not all of it, girlfriend doesnt seem to mind. I have asked her about
    it but she was like "if you want to do it, its fine by me but i don't
    mind either way" so i'm a lazy person so i didn't.

ahaha just read over that post again that was so good :D:D:D:D
  • I shaved everything this week. It's the most awkward shit ever and I somehow forgot what it feels like.

Every time I fart, without any hair as a buffer, it feels like a beetle is climbing around my crotch.
  • I dont even groom my facey and heady hair lol. Am ia tramp? or just metal?
  • I just shave my pubes once in a while or trim it down with scissors. I shaved my hair around my nipples a few times for my gf hahaha. That's pretty much it.
  • I shave my face every two or so weeks, but clean it up and line it up every day. I shave my armpits because its so much better, i almost never sweat with shaved pits.

Shave my pubes a lot and shaved my legs once when I asked some girls. its not super grizzly like it used to be.
  • no but I expect my women to. guy code.
  • GreyAcumen said:
    no but I expect my women to. guy code.

I have no idea what this means.

Regarding mascaping:

[video=youtube;Ht09fEGgPLM]
  • thebgbb said:
    I have no idea what this means.

I know what it means and he's mis-using it horribly......... unless he's admitting to having sex with dudes.
  • i shave the nether regions (guy here btw) i do it by request of the fiance. she doesnt mind a little chest hair or face fuzz but when it comes to certian things in the bedroom she would prefer that part of me be shaved
  • Women prefer their men to be smooth so its up to guys to step up and do work!!!
  • epilate that chest hair, fellas
  • Brisby said:
    epilate that chest hair, fellas

[CENTER]image

Never!![/CENTER]
  • Armpits, balls, ass, legs, arms... when ever I go in front of a mirror and I hear the distant echo of Chewbaccas roar, it's time to do some gardening.
  • NumbNuts said:
    Armpits, balls, ass, legs, arms... when ever I go in front of a mirror and I hear the distant echo of Chewbaccas roar, it's time to do some gardening.

That is gross and a sign of a cro magnin man.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week