Do You Get Enough Sleep?
  • Was just curious as to how many people actually get the recommended amount of sleep every night? In general I sleep about 5-6 hours on weeknights, with weekends having a greater variability of either 4-5, or 8-9. 7-9 seems like a nigh impossible goal to reach on a typical weeknight, since I'd have to be asleep by 9 or 10 pm. For most of the time I was a "teen" according to the sleep foundation, I was getting about half as much sleep as is recommended. With that being said, do most of you find that to be a feasible amount?

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]
  • My Bassets sleep like 18 hours a day some days lol...
  • I'm sleeping better now than I probably have in my entire life. That being said, I still barely clip 7 hours on most days. When I was a teen, according to this chart, I usually got 3-4 hours a night.
  • I usually get about 5-7 hours which is plenty to keep functioning even if I am tired during the day.. I'd like to sleep a lot more.
  • I get about 8-9 hrs. Go to sleep around 11 and wake up at 7 on weekdays. After waking up at 7am to go to school for a majority of my life I'm hard wired to wake up at 7.
  • Anywhere from 8 to 10 usually. Most of the time I stay in bed for a bit though and watch stuff or read, mainly because your bed is always it's most comfortable after just waking up. :)
  • A key point I'd like to note is although I do get the right amount of sleep for my age range (Adult) I get very poor quality sleep, I seldom feel rested etc and I think this is a point to think on in this topic.

If you do get enough sleep according to the number on the graph etc it needs to be 'Good' sleep or it's no use at all and this I think is important to note. If you do/don't get the amount of sleep they recommend on the graph, and yet you still feel rested and refreshed after sleep I'd say you've had enough sleep and are sleeping healthily. I firmly believe everybody's different and our individual bodies require thier own set amount of sleep, hence why I don't pay too much heed to these various recomendations (Though I must say most studies seem to come to the same sort of numbers).
  • apparently not enough when I made THAT post... *whistles*
  • week days i have to get up at 8 for school and hit the hay at about 11 so about 9 hrson weekdays.Then on weekends I average about 1:30 as bedtime and wake up anywhere from 9:30 to 12:30 so about 8-11 hours .I rike sreepy bed time.
  • In answer to the topic question:

Fuck no.

I'll sleep when I'm dead. Seeing as I've recently taken ill, that shouldn't take too long.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week