What's your view on SOPA?
  • Sorry, I meant soap. Are you guys soap users, or do you prefer shower gel?

Personally I'm a shower gel man. It's just easier to use.
  • Shower gel is best. It's always the worst when you are in the bath, and the soap flies out of your hand to the other side of the room, and you gotta get out and go pick up the goddamn soap. Shower gel never flies out of your hand.
  • Well, soap is nice for cleaning out all the undesirables and crummy parts, but it goes too far and leaves your skin dry and devoid of any good content.

I think at this point, soap should probably just be dropped. Gel is in!
  • Back home me and my Mum have a wardrobe full of soaps, creams, scented candles, gels, incense sticks you name it. So I'd have to say there isn't enough grounds to make a final decision. It depends what kind of mood you're in.
  • The deep cleansing hand soap pumps from Bath and Body Works. I'm using Pink Sugar Plum in my shower. :3
  • Was your caps lock stuck? ThAT HAPPENS To me sometimes. I prefer shower gel, myself.
  • I'm gonna go with gel because my skin is super dry and soap doesn't help,but really the best way to bathe is in money
  • Dove! i need that moisterizer!
  • Epke said:
    Dove! i need that moisterizer!

Yup! High five.
  • If you want soap...

Yours truly
    soren
  • I used soap for most of my life, then out of necessity, I tried shower gel. Never went back.
  • Chip said:
    Shower gel is best. It's always the worst when you are in the bath, and the soap flies out of your hand to the other side of the room, and you gotta get out and go pick up the goddamn soap. Shower gel never flies out of your hand.

I don't want to know what you're doing in the bath to make the soap squirt out opf your hand like that, Chip!

No - DON'T TELL ME!

XD

You know i'm retro.
    You know my answer here.

Let me put it this way - you pay for all the soap, and you can stick the last bit of soap on the next bar - zero waste.

You pay for all the shower gel, and there's always a dinky bit at the bottom, squeeze all you like, you're not getting it out - waste.

... and you can buy 6 cakes of soap for one shower gel - and get tons more use out of one bar against one bottle of shower gel.

It's a no brainer!

CRC
  • CapnRedChops said:
    You pay for all the shower gel, and there's always a dinky bit at the bottom, squeeze all you like, you're not getting it out - waste.

Just use the bottle to suck a tiny bit of water in there and you can get it out.
  • Chip said:
    Just use the bottle to suck a tiny bit of water in there and you can get it out.

You know what happens then - that watery gel just slides off your hand, leaving you with the choice of letting it go down the drain or trying to scrape it off the shower floor. Even worse in the bath, it hits that water and it GONE.

SOAP FTW!

CRC
  • Soap. You can get bars of soap that don't dry your skin out if that's what you're after. And like CRC already said, gel is just another wasteful new age trendy wanker accessory.
  • Shower gel is all I use. I don't like how slimy the bar soaps get after use.
  • I use Dove shower gel. It's the best and leaves my skin so silky smooth.
  • I use both. Right now I am digging irish springs invigorate body wash. Both soaps have their place.
    As for the last bit in the bottle going down the drain... After you mix the water in the bottle you squeeze the soapy water on your chest quickly put down the bottle and rub it all over, there will be no more wasted than if you used a bar.
  • No comments though about how 1 bottle = 6 bars in cost and how 1 bar lasts longer than 1 bottle...

CRC
  • CapnRedChops said:
    ...1 bar lasts longer than 1 bottle...

CRC

How much do you use?!
  • CapnRedChops said:
    No comments though about how 1 bottle = 6 bars in cost and how 1 bar lasts longer than 1 bottle...

CRC

What planet do you live on?You can put like your pinkie finger's worth of Shower gel on a Lufa or washcloth for a whole shower!Have fun dropping the soap :)
  • Mostly shower gel. Lol. It cleans better I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week