Is the NoobToob Forum on its last legs?
  • Activity has plummeted since the new year.
    It would be a shame if this would be the last year for the forum.
    what can we do to make lively again?
    Merge the forum to linko's new site or Boomzies? in some way or form?
    if not the members will dry up :(

on another note are there any other good forums out there? i venture other forums but the majority of those forums are the home of trolls, fan boys and juvinile posters!
  • I really hope you are wrong, I love this community and even though I am not as active as I used to be I still check in once or twice a week and shoot the shit with you guys. I really hope the community thrives and would love to help that happen if anyone has any idea in what to do. I think we lost a hell of allot of people when we lost T & Y. Anyway all I am saying is lets keep things alive up in here because there is no where on the web where a gamer can talk sensibly and truthfully to other gamers without the fear of trolling or ridicule.
  • Maybe the answer is that noobtoob needs a new spokesman. Tobin and Yuzo was the face of noobtoob, but now they have passed the torch on to the community. Maybe a someone or a group of noobtoobers could start a new video blog of some sort and be the new face of noobtoob. anyone up for it? :P
    Yours truly
    soren
  • I don't think this forum will go away anytime soon... Its only the start of 2012 and its a busy time after the holidays, and with tax season coming up. But no, I don't think we need to merge with any other site.
  • soren05 said:
    Maybe the answer is that noobtoob needs a new spokesman. Tobin and Yuzo was the face of noobtoob, but now they have passed the torch on to the community. Maybe a someone or a group of noobtoobers could start a new video blog of some sort and be the new face of noobtoob. anyone up for it?

Found Him!

Anyways,I hope not.This site is the only forum I use.It doesn't get as much traction,but at least you can say something without getting slapped in the face.Maybe if Tobin or Yuzo used the site people would wanna come on to hear them sometimes since the show's over?That's why I started using the site,I thought they would be on here sometimes like they said on ep 231
  • I'm concerned too, I think we need new spokespeople, I think the core group of ladies could do a grand job if they were up to it - TC, MissScooter, Ethereal etc. - they'd bring in a new demographic and generate intelligent discussion ala the modcast.

The Noobtoobettes? Is that kinda demeaning these days? I dunno, I'm so old. ;)

CRC
  • The forum did slow down around New Years, but that's natural, that's always happened. It's been picking up the past few days so that makes me happy. Really there's only one major thing you guys can do if you want us to stick around and that's simply to post and make threads. It seems a lot of people are nervous about making threads in-case they have already been done, but honestly it's not an issue if people still want to post in them. Nobody is gonna get angry at you. Want to make a thread that was already made two years ago? Go ahead. Games Discussion isn't just about the latest games either, wanna talk about Final Fantasy 7? Go ahead.

Currently from what I'm told the sites hosting has been paid for for the next two and a half years, so there's really no reason for this place to close anytime soon other then you guys simply not wanting to come here anymore, which I can't see considering a lot of you stuck around after the show ended. There has been discussion about how we can draw more people in but we really couldn't think of much. I've been trying to get everyone's content up on the NoobToobArmy YouTube channel so there's at least something out there to get people in. We've tried to make stuff as staff, but with such conflicting time schedules nothing has ever made it past the first episode. So for those wanting us to nominate someone as the flag bearer, I'm sad to say there really isn't anyone at the moment. I would love to say we could all get behind and push GOP as the new "hook" but I'm not sure they want that responsibility.

I will say, is there anything we can change on the site? Is there specific rules you guys feel are too restricting?
  • CapnRedChops said:
    core group of ladies

okay
    CapnRedChops said:
    Ethereal

Uhm you do know uhh cough .Ethereal is a guy right?
  • CapnRedChops said:
    I think the core group of ladies could do a grand job

Noobtoob ladies calendar?
  • I have nice legs, i'll do a calendar
  • Linko64 said:
    I have nice legs, i'll do a calendar

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........send me some pics first.
  • MixedUpzombies said:
    okay

Uhm you do know uhh cough .Ethereal is a guy right?

No sh!t? Well I always got a feminine vibe off his posts! My bad!

Well, the least he could do would be to put on a female voice for the ladies of NoobToob podcast.

and drag it up for the calendar! XD

Anyhoo sincere apologies, no offense meant. That's what happens when you never game with folks, you just read their posts.

CRC
  • You get out of the forums what you put into it.

Some of us here have poured our time, energy, and souls into this place, and what has it given us? Lifelong friendships, memories we'll never forget, lots of learned skills, and knowledge that will last a lifetime.

On the flipside, some have lurked here everyday hitting refresh without contributing anything, and they probably shouldn't expect much good to come from it.

If you think this place is dying, put some effort in. Read an article and create a discussion about it. Join the IRC. Create an event. If you put the effort it, you will be rewarded for your good deeds.

We can reinvigorate this place easily, but the first step to doing that is by taking some initiative.
  • The response makes my heart Jump!

Maybe make a video with some female members in skimpy outfits will gain some members, but i think of the wrong kind.

I was hoping for another weekly show that links Noobtoob as its main forum, i don't know if Boomzies or Linko's site has a forum.

My picture in kitty outfit can off course be used for the Noobtoob Chippen dale calender (will tobins foto be included?:rolleyes:)
  • Epke said:
    Maybe make a video with some female members in skimpy outfits will gain some members, but i think of the wrong kind.

No objections here. ;)
  • Noobtoob ladies calendar? lol

Except there's only like four active women on the site right now....and there's no way in hell you're getting me to do that. :p

As for the site dying, I've seen the activity picking up lately like Chip said so that makes me happy too. Just keep posting!
  • Brisby said:
    Except there's only like four active women on the site right now.

That you are aware of! Currently the ones that spring to mind are you, Tallchick, Swoopes, BlasianBytch, MissScooter and ConsoleHandheldGamer, so six! Hah! ......This thread has already gone in a strange direction......
  • Noobtoob Men's Calendar...I could go for that. ;)
  • Brisby said:
    Noobtoob Men's Calendar...I could go for that. ;)

I don't know about that Brisby. There would be a whole lot of Moob-age going on in such a calendar, unless thats what you like lol.

On a personal note though could I be January please?
  • Eidelon said:
    I don't know about that Brisby. There would be a whole lot of Moob-age going on in such a calendar, unless thats what you like lol.

On a personal note though could I be January please?

For some reason I read "moob-age" as "moogle-age" instead, and my brain immediately started thinking of guys posing with cartoony Mog heads over their parts. >_<
  • Fuzzy I will admit that what you said about people lurking in these forums but rarely contributing struck a chord with me. I often check these forums out but rarely post. I am sure that, like me, there are others. I am not sure as to the reason why that is though. Maybe I have nothing really interesting to say that has not been already said by someone else before me. It would be a real shame to see this site go to the dogs though. I still think its one of the better gaming communities on the web.

Chip made some very good points although I would elaborate on that. The forums started out as an extension of the youtube show. The show ended but nothing else rose to the occasion and replaced it. The fact that the tribute episode is still on the front page is testament to how attached everyone is to the original show. Its all well and good to respect the heritage of this site and credit Yuzo and Tobin for their excellent output, but things also need to move on. There is a lot of video material coming out of this community but it all seems fragmented. It would be a good idea for someone to combine it into a new show with different sections and have that be the flag bearer of this site. Mind you, such a show would still need commitment from all involved and would need to be of sufficient quality to eventually create a following and bring in new blood into the site. It would also need a person to act as editor and see what goes in and what goes out. What we need more of and what we need less of. What works and what does not.

I am not sure if this has been attempted but if it is the latest episode should be in the front page of the site like NT used to be.
  • nutta27 said:
    there is no where on the web where a gamer can talk sensibly and truthfully to other gamers without the fear of trolling or ridicule.

http://www.pcvsconsoles.com/neoforum/index.php we just upgraded to neo format... we're not sure if we like it yet, but punbb didn't support tapatalk 'blahblahblah'... I actually thought I'd be migrating from there to here!! lol but anyway all are welcome, we're a dozen or so of dedicated gamers (well... some of us are just ex-dedicated gamers, but the UK guys are alway jabberin about hookin up on psn...) from all over the world, UK, Aus, even India (no Japanese yet...) we desperately NEED new blood :) Doesn't really matter... mostly since I hardly game any more... just providing an alternative. It'd just be a shame if BOTH forums went down. Other sites like this DO exist... their just hard to find. Don't give up! or we'll all just end up hangin out on Facebook *shudder*
  • Avaloner said:
    It would also need a person to act as editor and see what goes in and what goes out. What we need more of and what we need less of. What works and what does not..

This is another problem we have, everyone has their own idea as to how we can attract people to the site, but they don't actually want to do the ideas themselves. I love that people want to put forward ideas, but you have to be willing to be involved in it a little bit at least. Besides, I really don't think there's the amount of video content coming from people you believe there is. All I can think of is Smoke, Squizzy and Mortal who all have mostly done MW3 videos so far.
  • Avaloner said:
    I am not sure if this has been attempted but if it is the latest episode should be in the front page of the site like NT used to be.

I like Sunnys podcast... and even if it's only audio that's a start. Noobtoob started as audio only. Perhaps we should recruit some Youtbe 'celebrtys' to co-host it Sunny? I'm a contributor of animemusicvideos.org and it's a similar setting there as here.... probably why I like it here so much xD

CapnRedChops said:
    I think we need new spokespeople, I think the core group of ladies could do a grand job if they were up to it

No offense but that'd actually scare me away. If this site turned into a book club!! or... Facebook *shudder*
  • Brisby said:
    For some reason I read "moob-age" as "moogle-age" instead, and my brain immediately started thinking of guys posing with cartoony Mog heads over their parts. >_<</div>

We have the technology.

Happy to crank up the calendar, I'll be February.

CRC
  • knowname said:
    No offense but that'd actually scare me away. If this site turned into a book club!! or... Facebook *shudder*

I tried hard not to take offense - but I guess you don't know our ladies (neither do I sometimes, lol).

You sound like you'd take any man as a games reviewer/site spokesperson oveer any woman.

Me, I'll have the best person / people for the job, regardless of gender.

CRC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion