Minecraft - Builders Vs Assassins
  • builders are trying to play minecraft normally, making houses, getting diamonds, building cool things... but there is a problem, the game is plotting against them.

Assassins are trying to indirectly kill the builders, they have to set up traps and use all kinds of dirty tricks to win the game.

the two teams take it in turns to play for 20 minutes, starting with the assassins, and if there are still builders alive after 5 turns then the builders win.

The rules:
    Dead builders become assassins
    Assassins cant fill a house with TNT or intentionally set fire to a home.
    Builders cant spend the game hiding in a corner.
    Assassins will play in creative mode
    everyone must stay near the spawn point, so Assassins can predict where the builders will go easier, and so a builder cant just run off miles away from the action

This event will take place on my server (85.236.100.222:31065) which has 8 slots, so we can have 9 players, and i will make a fresh world for it.

i would like to start off with one or two assassins and everyone else playing builders, so if you post wether you would like to start as a builder or assassin, i will see what i can do, but for now, First come, first serve.

I am planning this event for about noon PST this Saturday, but this can shift about for convenience.

Players

Steve121234
    The_one_B
    Chip
    Eidelon - builder
    Orangeflood - assassin
    Lycaninja - builder
    chimera
    killswitch
    hail
    Smokestormx
    salvner
    zanmatsuken - assassin
  • I'm up for this. I'd prefer being an assassin, but I'd understand being a builder if everyone wants to be an assassin.
  • Can builders set traps as well for the assassins?
  • I have seriously not played Minecraft since 1.8.1 came out, so it's about time I got back into MC so sign me up and I'd love to attend. I'd probably shoot for being a builder since I have some ideas on how I can survive the entire game without hiding in a corner lol.
  • I'm up for being either.
  • I don't understand how this will work out as the builders could see everything the assassins did unless I misunderstood something...
  • Sign me up! I'll be what is needed.
  • LycaNinja said:
    I don't understand how this will work out as the builders could see everything the assassins did unless I misunderstood something...

The builders will be offline when the assassins are on, and vice versa... And if a builder sees something odd then i recommend they stay away from it, the assassins will have to be careful to set a trap without it looking suspicious.

Brisby said:
    Can builders set traps as well for the assassins?

I thought it would be better if the assassins were invincible, they will be in creative mode for one thing, and I'm sure someone would accidentally kill themselves while setting up a trap... So i don't think the builders should set traps.
  • steve121234 said:
    The builders will be offline when the assassins are on, and vice versa... And if a builder sees something odd then i recommend they stay away from it, the assassins will have to be careful to set a trap without it looking suspicious.

I thought it would be better if the assassins were invincible, they will be in creative mode for one thing, and I'm sure someone would accidentally kill themselves while setting up a trap... So i don't think the builders should set traps.

I'm down to be a builder then if I can find the room to get my mouse plugged in to play again (I haven't played since before they added strongholds)
  • I think we may need to set some rules as we go. I've never heard of this gametype before, and it made need tinkering to make everything fair. I know I could fill the whole world tnt and set it to a timer, or dump lava from the sky.
  • I'm up for it. I dont really care if im a builder or an assassin.
  • yeah, its not perfect, but as long as we avoid killing people as they spawn in, and try to make it so the builders are dying by their own actions then i think we will be ok.
  • Yeah, the traps should be triggered in some way by the builders. Another idea, maybe have some other goal for the builders. Maybe have them try to reach a place or get an item defended by the assassins. Or make them go through a full-on castle of doom with puzzles and junk. I hope I'm not being too crazy ambitious here.
  • orangeflood said:
    I think we may need to set some rules as we go. I've never heard of this gametype before, and it made need tinkering to make everything fair. I know I could fill the whole world tnt and set it to a timer, or dump lava from the sky.

TNT is already listed in the rules dude... Lava from the sky isn't really a trap either...

orangeflood said:
    Yeah, the traps should be triggered in some way by the builders. Another idea, maybe have some other goal for the builders. Maybe have them try to reach a place or get an item defended by the assassins. Or make them go through a full-on castle of doom with puzzles and junk. I hope I'm not being too crazy ambitious here.

After the assassins are finished making traps (or during that time) they could build a maze with traps slowly that, after five turns are up, the survivors have to trace through to earn a diamond at the end, the one who gets the diamond wins... If all else fails we can do teamwork survival were we all build a fortress and traps to defend against a horde or a few hordes that come after x days...
  • I'm glad you guys are playing with these ideas, i am planning on doing more minecraft events and i needed a bit of brain storming :)
  • Count me in, for either. Sounds fun, never really messed around with traps before but I've got a few ideas.
  • I'm in. Is there a whitelist?
  • killswitch423 said:
    never really messed around with traps before but I've got a few ideas.

Same, I got some lethal ideas but getting the player to fall for them will be the trick.
  • Indeed. I'm pumped for a battle of wits!
  • we normally have a white list, but it wont be needed for this event... i think, Oh and we can have more assassins than 2 at the start, it just means the last builders who die wont get to build traps, so i was wrong about the player limit being 9.
  • He dreamt of Building and of Assassinating, and as he dreamt he realised it wasn't a dream at all. And so the player SmokestormX joined the other players in thier dreams. Armed with the new knowledge that the answer to the universe wasn't 42, but rather 46.
  • so is there still space for more :P.
  • yeah, and its unlikely that everyone will turn up so even after we have 16 people an over spill would be handy
  • well sign me up thens :P
  • SmokestormX said:
    He dreamt of Building and of Assassinating, and as he dreamt he realised it wasn't a dream at all. And so the player SmokestormX joined the other players in thier dreams. Armed with the new knowledge that the answer to the universe wasn't 42, but rather 46.

their* and it is 42 bro... FTFY...
  • Steve I am in!...if possible.

I would like to be an assassin but I don't care either way. I know I will be one eventually.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week