So what are some good break up albums?
  • This topic is intended for all the bleeding hearts of noobtoob hehe. Anyway I won't lie, I went through some tough shit after my first relationship ended. I felt hopeless. I was lifeless for like a whole month, not wanting to do anything.

Then I heard Rubber Soul by the Beatles. This song is the best break up album of all time. I listened to the album track by track and each song was blowing my mind. The day after I heard this album it was like I was a new person. The world was right again. It is hard for me to pick a track as an example of how great this album is... I'll go with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCNqHIKJ4wk

What's great about that album is the songs are happy and cheery and about love in general as opposed to specifically. Click other links to see what I mean.

Then you have the opposite end of the spectrum... depressing break up albums. Girls is a good example of a band today doing that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Oa6ih0kgA They have their place too and I find them enjoyable but I'd prefer the hopeful ones to the depressing ones.

What are some songs that helped you through tough times?
  • I've never associated music with emotions tbh. I appreciate the talent however. So I can't really contribute any songs or albums that have helped me through a breakup but it is good to see that there is something(s) that help people through the tuff times that they can always turn to if/when needed.
  • vowel said:
    I've never associated music with emotions tbh. I appreciate the talent however. So I can't really contribute any songs or albums that have helped me through a breakup but it is good to see that there is something(s) that help people through the tuff times that they can always turn to if/when needed.

Surely there are songs you listen to that bring you back to an earlier time in your life... right? That's associating emotions with music.
  • There are a few that I have used. Here they are.

[SPOILER][video=youtube;9bNDr1A6dTU]

This one was from my last relationship. He was a jackass.

[SPOILER][video=youtube;UOE3H7pY32A]

This one was a perfect fit because a week after we broke up he called me wanted to kiss and make up.... after he had the lights shut off because they were in his name, turned off the phone so I had to walk almost a mile to the closest pay phone. He stole my cat that I had well before I even met him... To top it off he took all the food, even the tp.
    [SPOILER]
    [video=youtube;pDdeOncpD5E]

This one is for my ex husband
  • Well theres one song that comes close to a pick-me-up for me. It's more a rhythmic poem of general rules to live your life by and reminding you/me to not worry about the little things. But I would think it applies.

[youtube]MQlJ3vOp6nI[/youtube]
  • Whenever im going through a breakup or somethign rough i always listen to Songs about Leaving by Carissa's Wierd. I listen to music that amtches my mood so i cant exactly play ska when im feeling down. When this song comes up on my shuffle it always bums me out

[youtube]oPJw9-uWIRE[/youtube]
  • Teknowhore by bile
    [video=youtube;Ao9Ob6a0aTc]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week