• It is Singer's Day tomorrow(2011-11-11).
    Therefore,I would like to say Happy Singer's Day to you if you are a singer.
    (Here in China,November 11 is the Singer's Day.
    Also,it is the year of 2011 this year so that it will be a specail Singer's Day.)
  • It's Rememberance Day in many countries. At 11am, pause for a minute and consider those who died in WWI, and the futility of war.

    CRC

    P.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
  • I did not know they made Signers Day!!! I am a huge fan of 5DS!!! I did not know the anime was so popular in china!!!
  • CapnRedChops said:
    It's Rememberance Day in many countries. At 11am, pause for a minute and consider those who died in WWI, and the futility of war.

    CRC

    P.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

    Oh,I see.
    Thanks for your information.
    Where are you from?
  • Enjoy the youtiao!
  • Happy Singers Day and Remembrance Day!
  • It's Skrillex and Skyrim day for me tomorrow. :)
  • in Korea its Singles Day or Peppero day.

    image

    it's a day where single people can share a pocky stick ( we call them peppero) with their crush in hopes of hitting it off. Its like a corporate sponsored Valentine's day :D
  • Ned Kelly is executed. "Such is life" become his famous last words.

    image

    Gough Whitlam is removed from office by the Governor-General in 1975 in an absurd moment in Australian politics.

    image
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Enjoy the youtiao!

    What do you mean by youtiao?
  • XxBarretxX said:
    It's Skrillex and Skyrim day for me tomorrow. :)


    what is Skrillex and Skyrim? :P
  • tenglang said:
    what is Skrillex and Skyrim? :P


    Skrillex is an 'music' producer who produces 'music' in a genre called 'dubstep'

    It is hard to explain what dubstep sounds like to someone from another country but I'll try my best.

    Imagine a beautiful song. Now try to imagine if someone with a chainsaw ran into the recording booth just after the first verse and just started ruining everyones day. Imagine what the carnage of this rampage would sound like and imagine the song ending with the singers moans of pain. This may sound horrible but it is preferable to dubstep.

    Dubstep is God weeping.
  • tenglang said:
    What do you mean by youtiao?


    A couple blogs I follow say that youtiao and bao are often eaten on November 11th. I don't know the characters for those foods, sorry.
  • Epke said:


    *high fives you as I enjoy some gentleman's peppero*
  • Mattson said:
    Skrillex is an 'music' producer who produces 'music' in a genre called 'dubstep'

    It is hard to explain what dubstep sounds like to someone from another country but I'll try my best.

    Imagine a beautiful song. Now try to imagine if someone with a chainsaw ran into the recording booth just after the first verse and just started ruining everyones day. Imagine what the carnage of this rampage would sound like and imagine the song ending with the singers moans of pain. This may sound horrible but it is preferable to dubstep.

    Dubstep is God weeping.


    I can explain it better than that:

    WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB
  • Ooooh, those look awfully like the Mikado that we get here in the UK. yumyumyum.

  • Dr Flibble said:
    Ned Kelly is executed. "Such is life" become his famous last words.

    image

    Gough Whitlam is removed from office by the Governor-General in 1975 in an absurd moment in Australian politics.

    image


    tenglang - I'm an Aussie.

    Flibble - do you think the Gough disaster is where it all started going wrong? Was he the last statesman we had in office (Does Rudd count)?

    CRC
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    A couple blogs I follow say that youtiao and bao are often eaten on November 11th. I don't know the characters for those foods, sorry.

    Oh,I see.
    It is a Chinese word. :)
    Thanks for your reply.

    Actually,it is named "One's Day" because of Arabic number "1".
    1-1 (January 1st) is named Small One's Day.
    11-1(November 1st) is named Middle One's Day.
    11-11(November 11th) is named Large One's Day.
    2011-11-11(2011-November 11th) is named Large Large One's Day.
    It seems that it began from the year of 1990.(from Campuses in Nanjing,China)
  • whatthefbomb said:
    I can explain it better than that:

    WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

    Hehe,What a better explanation!
  • My friends came over to my place last night and we celebrated 11/11/11 by eating food with 11 on them and watching movies with 11 in the title. And then we cheered when it hit 11:11 p.m. lol I know, my friends and I are weird.
  • Its all good... That seems like a good way to do it to me. Good for you Brisby

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week