(TV) Beavis and Butthead... it's back!
  • Beavis and Butthead have made their triumphant return to TV and they've hardly changed at all. One of the main differences from the old run is that now in addition to music videos they also critique clips of MTV shows such as Jersey Shore or 16 and Pregnant. Also in the old run due to a lawsuit standards and practices wouldn't allow Beavis to say 'fire.' In this season Beavis is allowed to say it again and he's done so in both episodes.

    If you were ever a fan of Beavis and Butthead then you owe it to yourself to at least give this a look. It's amazing how little they've changed and now their satirizing topics of today.

    So what have you guys thought of the new episodes? I think it's the funniest show on right now after South Park. Let's discuss it!

    Anyway, here's a trailer for the new season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK7Vk1n1KLk
  • I use to love Beavis and Butthead every so often I still crack jokes that reference that show... Most of the time people don't get it :( because they never saw the show. Did not really care for the movie though I will say that. I will have a sit down at sometime that the kids are either away or sleeping and see what its all about.
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    I use to love Beavis and Butthead every so often I still crack jokes that reference that show... Most of the time people don't get it :( because they never saw the show. Did not really care for the movie though I will say that. I will have a sit down at sometime that the kids are either away or sleeping and see what its all about.


    Go grab your headphones: http://www.mtv.com/shows/beavis_and_butthead/video.jhtml?filter=fulleps

    Wait until you see the ep where they do tech support... you'll die.
  • .... my kids broke my head phones :( my daughter thought that it was a jump rope...
  • When I first heard about this I went back and watched a few old episodes and....... they really do not hold up at all in my opinion. Ended up stopping just because I was bored.
  • I disagree. I'd say they haven't even changed a bit. The show was so simple and it retains that simplicity this run. IMO
  • That 16 and pregnant dad sketch was HIGH-LARIOUS!vintage beavis and butthead.its better now than it was before imho.
  • somaliangangsterpuff said:
    That 16 and pregnant dad sketch was HIGH-LARIOUS!vintage beavis and butthead.its better now than it was before imho.


    I think the latest episode was the greatest. I mean the fact that they think they're playing San Andreas when in actuality they're controlling UAVs in Afghanistan was brilliant.
  • oh that sounds great I am going to have to watch that.
  • i am very impressed that judge was able to come hack with beavis and butt head, the werewolf one wasn't the greatest but it definitely was good considering it been of the air for forever. I haven't seen the other ones yet but from what i hear they are pretty funny. Now if we can just get king of the hill back...
  • Watched a few episodes a few days ago, I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting much after going back to the old episodes left a bad taste in my mouth, but I was really entertained. I'm not sure if it's because I know more about what they are making fun off or what, like had I not watched Jersey Shore, them making fun of it probably wouldn't have been as funny to me.
  • The only bad thing I've seen out of Judge was Idiocracy,that movie was terrible!Granted,I haven't seen much out of him!
  • I loved Idiocracy. I highly suggest Office Space, it's his best movie hands down. Also, Extract is pretty damn good if you're a fan of Jason Bateman and Kristen Wiig.

    @Chip. I understand what you're saying... I only saw the first two seasons of Jersey Shore and it wasn't by choice. But I still find the 16 and Pregnant stuff pretty funny and I've never seen those shows. Or that one where they make fun of the Psychic... great stuff.

    The last episode was pretty damn funny... probably the funniest episode of the season. They try to copy Supersize Me... twas awesome.
  • Mattson said:
    I loved Idiocracy. I highly suggest Office Space, it's his best movie hands down. Also, Extract is pretty damn good if you're a fan of Jason Bateman and Kristen Wiig.

    @Chip. I understand what you're saying... I only saw the first two seasons of Jersey Shore and it wasn't by choice. But I still find the 16 and Pregnant stuff pretty funny and I've never seen those shows. Or that one where they make fun of the Psychic... great stuff.

    The last episode was pretty damn funny... probably the funniest episode of the season. They try to copy Supersize Me... twas awesome.

    I loved office space!extract was just ok tho.
  • Ohhhh I thought you had said the only thing you have seen of Judge was Idiocracy... my mistake. I personally loved Idiocracy... but w/e, different strokes.
  • I really don't like this new beavis and butt head...Old b&b they were reaaaaaaallllyy dumb, just beyond stupid.
    This new show they make witty comments that the old them would literally never think of ever. I feel like this new beavis and butt head is just for marketing their other shows so that people who already dont watch them and just wanted to watch beavis and butthead will go watch it...

    dont get me wrong when they first announced that beavis and butt head were coming back I got all excited and I was telling everyone about it, and I was anticipating it for awhile, but then when I actually saw it I was just disappointed

    somaliangangsterpuff said:
    The only bad thing I've seen out of Judge was Idiocracy,that movie was terrible!Granted,I haven't seen much out of him!


    lies, idiocracy was hilarious my good sir
  • squizzy said:
    I really don't like this new beavis and butt head...Old b&b they were reaaaaaaallllyy dumb, just beyond stupid.
    This new show they make witty comments that the old them would literally never think of ever. I feel like this new beavis and butt head is just for marketing their other shows so that people who already dont watch them and just wanted to watch beavis and butthead will go watch it...

    dont get me wrong when they first announced that beavis and butt head were coming back I got all excited and I was telling everyone about it, and I was anticipating it for awhile, but then when I actually saw it I was just disappointed



    lies, idiocracy was hilarious my good sir


    Beavis and Butthead still made 'witty' comments back in the day, well as witty as Beavis and Butthead can get. Here's a collection of old critiques for comparison: [youtube]tDT4kWgEwBg[/youtube]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week