Life Changing Events In Your Life???
  • Have you ever had a life changing event??? One that shapes your life???
    I have.
    My event was once, I went to Los Angeles(which is a long way away) and met my mentor, Sensei Kubota. He had been training me in the martial arts online which is not easy and to finally meet him it was like a new calm came over my body and influenced me in everything I did. I was a beginner amateur then and he has given me new strength to overcome challenges and improve my sword form.
    Name your event!!!
  • You might not believe this, but my life changing event occurred very recently...

It was meeting you, Grey. You've shaped and molded my mind and heart into something I didn't think possible. You are truly a wise man, and my life will continue to be enriched with every post you make. Thank you so much for your ways.
  • i thought they were called "right of passages" and they happen every couple years
  • I too had a life changing event when Grey came onto the forums. I tried to offer advise and to help him out and he just kept on trolling. He has managed to do something that most people can not even with years of practice. He managed to piss me off. Hell this guy pisses me off more than Strife ever did when we were dating. You have managed something Grey that takes a great talent. Now that I have has my outburst (the first OT that has been locked in a year and a half that was not spam) I feel so much better and I do not think that you will ever be able to piss me off again because you are not worth the effort.

Let me guess you study Kendo right grey? Or is it laido with your bokken?

Edit: Was thinking of asking what color his sash was but I was worried that to many people would find me stupid for not knowing what arts have a sash and what ones don't so I left that out... But it would be nice to know if he has a sash or a belt though.
  • If I piss you off more than someone you were dating that says a lot about your taste in men. As Sensei Kubota would say "shut up and take it elsewhere" so perhaps if you have more problems with me(I have been harassed by you via PM so I am sending a request) please PM me only penitent information in the future and don't waste my time trying to ask questions of me that are way to personal for my taste.
  • Probably the biggest life changing experience I ever had was moving away from my hometown. It's been interesting and not in an epiphany like way... it was just more of a change over time I noticed in myself. Became less shy, less downtrodden. Stronger.

It's amazing what being outside the heavy yoke of the influence of friends and family can do if you'd considered yourself shy all your life then are no longer around those people who push you into that little corner. I've seen people do complete 180 degree turns. It's a pretty cool feeling.
  • For real though the biggest life changing event for me was when I gave up my coke addiction 16 years ago. It was hard but I made it. Don't want to think about where I would be now if I did not make that choice.
  • tallchick said:
    Probably the biggest life changing experience I ever had was moving away from my hometown. It's been interesting and not in an epiphany like way... it was just more of a change over time I noticed in myself. Became less shy, less downtrodden. Stronger.

It's amazing what being outside the heavy yoke of the influence of friends and family can do if you'd considered yourself shy all your life then are no longer around those people who push you into that little corner. I've seen people do complete 180 degree turns. It's a pretty cool feeling.

Same. Mine was moving from the USA to Canada.
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    For real though the biggest life changing event for me was when I gave up my coke addiction 16 years ago. It was hard but I made it. Don't want to think about where I would be now if I did not make that choice.

You could always go with diet coke
  • hahahaha oh grey your so funny... Oh my god I can not stop laughing at that one.... hahahaha (sarcasm just in case someone did not get that one) I think that the thing that has made it the most funny is the fact that I don't drink soda for the most part. To do so would be taking things away from my kids that they need. Another thing that I find makes it so funny is because I am just barely over weight at this time due to some medication that I am on. So unless you are saying that I medical condision that I have (seizures) is not important enough for meds and I should go off of them just so I can drop 15 pounds.... Well I think you get the point. You are right though Diet Coke is so much better than giving up a drug habbit but at least I was thin:D

At least when I made a personal attack on your medical condision that I am not even sure you have I was nice enough to do it in a PM. Thanks Grey for showing some real; class there
  • jaded_sapphire said:
    hahahaha oh grey your so funny... Oh my god I can not stop laughing at that one.... hahahaha

Were you being sarcastic?
  • Tsuyoi said:
    Were you being sarcastic?

How could it be anything other than that?
  • GreyAcumen said:
    You could always go with diet coke

• In this day and age people complain about all addictions and how they are not their fault. Even little things like a soda addiction or an addiction to alphabetizing their DVDS and more. Judging your previous posts I assumed you were addicted to soda but this is apparently not the case. I am sorry I spoke of diet coke. If you had a true heroine addiction I would feel bad so I feel bad that I mocked your heroine addiction.
  • GreyAcumen said:
    In this day and age people complain about all addictions and how they are not their fault. Even little things like a soda addiction or an addiction to alphabetizing their DVDS and more. Judging your previous posts I assumed you were addicted to soda but this is apparently not the case. I am sorry I spoke of diet coke. If you had a true heroine addiction I would feel bad so I feel bad that I mocked your heroine addiction.

Your sincerity is touching.
  • I used coke between the ages of 11 to 16. It was hard to give it up but I did. I thank you Grey for your apology.
  • He's obviously not. You said coke and his apology said heroin. No where in this thread was heroin mentioned. IMO if he meant it he would of at least got the drug right.

He's either incredibly stupid or a troll... It's impossible to tell if you give Poe's law any merit.
  • why do you keep editing your posts jaded???
  • I know but I am trying to smooth things over... So I took out everything that could have started a fight again and will just leave it the way that it is. thank you grey for the apology even if you are not familiar with one drug from another.
  • the difference between drugs does not matter. if you are an addict you are an addict. whether it is soda, drugs, food, or anything it is your personality that has the problem and you can be addicting to anything.
  • GreyAcumen said:
    why do you keep editing your posts jaded???

I am trying not to be a bitch to you Grey. That is why. I am taking the higher road on this and not going to get into another fight with you. Simply put its not worth my effort.
  • Seriously, you two need to chill. I'm really kinda getting tired of the back and forth insults in every topic. Yes I believe Grey is a troll, so everyone who gets upset at his posts needs to just chill out and not get so offended. He's some random guy on the internet, there's no need to be so hostile as that's probably his whole goal. If he is a troll, he's winning.
  • What about events in your live Mrs. Scooter???
  • most annoying thing on the interwebs is people that emo quit but never leave.
  • *steering topic away from teh trollinz and back to topic*

The most recent life-changing thing I've done recently was make my decision to join the Marines. I ship out to basic at the end of the school year. Ever since I decided to, I lost 40 pounds, been more social and made a lot of friends. It's also enabling me to go to college without the constant stress of student loans looming over my head and that's very nice.

Also, ever since I got back into shape, I've been getting hit on by all sorts of ladies (and a few gentlemen). So, getting in shape would be a good second life-changer for me. =)
  • Good job dennarai. I hope that it all works out well for you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week