Do You Believe In God??? Why Or Why Not???
  • I do not believe in God and I want to hear your thoughts and stances on this issue.
  • Don't be thuggin' on god, ye heretic!

EDIT:
    imageimageimage
  • I don't believe in any kind of god but I do believe in Santa Clause.
  • x0xligerzerox0x said:
    I don't believe in any kind of god but I do believe in Santa Clause.

Tim Taylor is a funny man but let's talk God
  • I personally do not believe there is a god or any form of higher power. I do respect people who believe in any form of god.
  • I believe in a higher power. I call that higher power god. Do i believe in God the way that most Christians do... Hell no. I beleive in what I do. I do not fall into anyone catorgory. I take the things that I find as truths from several areas and believe in that. According to most Christians I'm a Pegan.

The reason that I have the beliefs that I do is simple. My life is shit and I need something to believe in. When I am at my lowest 'GOD' has been there for me. I have had other experiences as well. Now if those were drug induced when I was younger (a little less than 20 years ago) is open to debate.
  • I am Wiccan.

Chew on that for a bit.
  • killswitch423 said:
    I am Wiccan.

......... You're a gay witch?
  • Chip said:
    ......... You're a gay witch?

You know, that story-line started out with a bunch of innuendo and general nastiness but then it actually became sort of good.
  • .Ethereal. said:
    You know, that story-line started out with a bunch of innuendo and general nastiness but then it actually became sort of good.

The Young Avengers?
  • killswitch423 said:
    I am Wiccan.

Kids These Days......
  • Chip said:
    The Young Avengers?

I meant mainly Wiccan/Hulkling. I'm not big on knowing what everyone considers good and bad comics so I don't know which Young Avengers is. I also haven't kept up to date on it in the past few years.

Anyway, I don't believe in God or any higher power, but i'll fight for the right for people to believe what they wish. When beliefs are used to propagate agendas or control the beliefs of others - that 's a no-no in my book : (
  • .Ethereal. said:
    I meant mainly Wiccan/Hulkling. I'm not big on knowing what everyone considers good and bad comics so I don't know which Young Avengers is. I also haven't kept up to date on it in the past few years.

Huh, didn't know you were into comics. I haven't kept up with them for a few years either, I used to pirate all my mine, and once I gave up piracy it was no more comics.
  • Chip said:
    Huh, didn't know you were into comics. I haven't kept up with them for a few years either, I used to pirate all my mine, and once I gave up piracy it was no more comics.

Oh, but of course! but it's awfully expensive getting everything through the internet since I've had to get a train to the nearest comic store for more than a decade and even when I did go the issue I was looking for was already sold out. Blerg.
  • My faith waxes and wanes but yes I happen to think that a convincing case can be made for a deistic God. Why? I could get into it but would prefer just to simply say that the universe makes more sense to me that way.

We really need a dedicated comic book thread.
  • Nobody has been able to convince me that something could have come from nothing, so I believe in some kind of higher power that started the whole thing. But that's as far as that goes. The troll inside me wants to start pointing out the logical flaws in the specific religions right now, but I'll leave that out of here. I will say though, that given all the hate that He is responsible for around the world today, God's not making such a good name for Himself.
  • Comic book references aside, this is the one place I didn't suspect to be poked fun at because of my beliefs. Surprise surprise. >_>;

EDIT: Wait, the hell was I thinking knowing you guys? Ah, well, at least I know it's in good fun.

..Right?
  • killswitch423 said:
    Comic book references aside, this is the one place I didn't suspect to be poked fun at because of my beliefs. Surprise surprise. >_>;?

You are legitimately a Wiccan? I thought it was just a joke answer like Jedi.
  • killswitch423 said:
    Comic book references aside, this is the one place I didn't suspect to be poked fun at because of my beliefs. Surprise surprise. >_>;

EDIT: Wait, the hell was I thinking knowing you guys? Ah, well, at least I know it's in good fun.

..Right?

I would be quite skeptical of any religion that can't take a joke.

So I guess that's all of them :p
  • Dr Flibble said:
    I would be quite skeptical of any religion that can't take a joke.

So I guess that's all of them :p

• I'm once again surprised at the civility of the NoobToob community. I thought this would turn into another Atheists vs Religion thread. Glad to see it hasn't...yet.

My beliefs are kind of custom-tailored from various things I've read and I have pieced together what works for me. Basically, I believe that God is some sort of ultimate collective conscience that all people's spirits come from when they were curious what individuality was like. He/she/it/they do(does) not get directly involved in the lives of the living, and only very specific spirits know what the voice of God sounds like, and fewer still have seen him/her/it/them.

My personal spiritual beliefs are complex. It would take me many paragraphs to get them all down, and I'm sure there'd be many inconsistencies.

@killswitch: I thought Wicca kinda died in the Crusades. Like all their texts and traditions were burned. Is it somehow making a comeback that I haven't heard about?
  • Well in WoW I played a Draenei that believed in the light! The naaru taught me so much, theres no denying their influence in the world..... (of warcraft).
  • I was raised in a "God-fearing" house, so I had accepted for a long time there is a God. Is it a nice thought that someone is watching out for me? Sure. Is it hard to swallow the horrible things that happen when He is supposed to be in complete control? Yes. I guess I'll always believe in something "more", but I personally haven't defined it yet.
  • whatthefbomb said:
    I'm once again surprised at the civility of the NoobToob community. I thought this would turn into another Atheists vs Religion thread. Glad to see it hasn't...yet.

My beliefs are kind of custom-tailored from various things I've read and I have pieced together what works for me.My personal spiritual beliefs are complex. It would take me many paragraphs to get them all down, and I'm sure there'd be many inconsistencies.

@killswitch: I thought Wicca kinda died in the Crusades. Like all their texts and traditions were burned. Is it somehow making a comeback that I haven't heard about?

I think we are being civil atm because there has been enough trolling going on in the ot for a while now. But I am sure that someone will say something here soon and then it will be on ;)

Its also good to know that I am not the only one out there that had their own belief system that works for them.

Wiccan's are still around and you may be surprised how many of them there are. For me I just had a hard time delving itto it to much. studied it for a while and embraced it for a bit and learned what I could. A little bit of my belief structure comes from their practices. Another thing that you may be surprised to find so many people being a part of (at least here is the states) is people practicing rune magic and worship the Norse gods. One thing that I found interesting a few years ago was how some people (I believe it was the Wiccan but could be mistaken) changed the spelling of magic to magik still don't get that one but hey. To each their own and what ever makes them happy I say.
  • I like the suggestions of the members. For me, I believe in God because God always helps me in difficult situation

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week