GTA V News Thread

Just officially announced, the logo is on display at www.rockstargames.com

New Trailer
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=zF_2QKqxF2s[/video]
  • I guess we all saw it coming miles away. I didn't like GTAIV that much, but I am curious how this will end up.
  • @NdRiLz@ said:
    I guess we all saw it coming miles away. I didn't like GTAIV that much, but I am curious how this will end up.

I'm actually quite curious as to why people had a problem with GTAIV. I had some of my favorite memories in the game and I actually loved the stories of each character (DLC included). Sure, it was overrated by the press a bit, but I still thought it was unbelievable how much was in the game.
  • I hated 4 it felt like they were trying to make like real life. If they try doing that for 5 I will deffinetly not be picking it up.
  • Slixshot said:
    I'm actually quite curious as to why people had a problem with GTAIV. I had some of my favorite memories in the game and I actually loved the stories of each character (DLC included). Sure, it was overrated by the press a bit, but I still thought it was unbelievable how much was in the game.

I can't quite set my finger on it, the game just... felt boring after a short while.
  • Is this the GTA5 News Thread or the "Why I didn't like GTA4" thread? Let's talk GTA5~!

The logo is obviously from a US $5 bill. Any other hints in that logo?
  • Sunflower said:
    Is this the GTA5 News Thread or the "Why I didn't like GTA4" thread? Let's talk GTA5~!

The logo is obviously from a US $5 bill. Any other hints in that logo?

What's a $5 mean? Does that reference a location? I'm hearing rumors of Modern Day Los Angeles, which could be cool I guess.
  • Slixshot said:
    What's a $5 mean? Does that reference a location? I'm hearing rumors of Modern Day Los Angeles, which could be cool I guess.

Well, it's Subway. Five dollar footlong.
  • Sunflower said:
    Well, it's Subway. Five dollar footlong.

Maybe they'll have sub shops instead of burger kings.

I'm personally hoping for something overseas rather than another location in the US. But, beggars can't be choosers.
  • It might be in Washington DC. There's really not much to go on. Playing a white-collar criminal would be interesting.
  • Sunflower said:
    It might be in Washington DC. There's really not much to go on. Playing a white-collar criminal would be interesting.

It would be nice change to play a GTA game where you aren't a nobody.

If anyone watches Breaking Bad, imagine playing a character resembling Gus, I think that would be awesome!

They're really gonna have to step up the gameplay from 4 for me to get interested in this though, I bought 4, played a couple hours, then didn't end up beating it until 2 years later.
  • I hope they play a lot of Saint's Row and remember how to make games that aren't shit again first.

Definitely won't be rushing out to grab this one.
  • I never thought the day would come when I just don't care about news of a new GTA. I'm interested in hearing of a projected release date, we could be on the cusp of new console hardware by the time it releases.
  • It's making the rounds...

What do you think?
  • Most definitely agree that it's the five from the five dollar bill. It's a pretty neat thing since I've always saw the Grand Theft Auto series as a story of get rich quick and what better than having some art from a dollar bill on your title.

I'm going to call it now and say it's going to be based in a modern day San Andreas. Why? Because of this leak I came across after a quick Google search;

http://www.igta5.com/possible-gta-5-character-details-leaked

They're looking for a voice actor for James Pedeaston a character who already appeared as a radio show host who is also a child molester in San Andreas. His character makes a cameo appearance in Grand Theft Auto IV as there is a site in the in game's internet call "freejames.org" that is trying to rise funds for his legal fund since he is currently in a Bali jail for child molestation.

P.S. I came across this by accident but while highlighting the address so to copy and paste it, I accidentally selected the "open link" instead of copy in the right click menu and guess where the link went? It went to; http://www.rockstargames.com/

What you guys thing? San Andreas would be the most likely place to go if Rockstar Games wants to take on Saints Row.
  • I hope they include a multiplayer system I was skeptical when GTAIV announced multiplayer in their game. I could careless about different gametypes I just want free roam. on because GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption showed me that Friends+weapons+Open World/Sandbox environment=Tons O' Fun
  • Slixshot said:

They're gangsters.Ya'Know,Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all. ;)
    also,best location imo would be bangkok, that would be an intresting setting for RS to go crazy with.

Chip said:
    I never thought the day would come when I just don't care about news of a new GTA. I'm interested in hearing of a projected release date, we could be on the cusp of new console hardware by the time it releases.

i dunno they could release it next year if theyve been working on it since gta4.i would love if they did this in medieval times though.
  • I thought Nico Bellic (sp?) stood up as a great example of a developed character for that type of game where you can take any action, and because of his character traits and conflicted personality, you don't feel like you are breaking the game.

People tend to enjoy driven characters more though, so we'll see, but I hope they give us another conflicted main character, and I think they will.

I'm looking forward to this. Multiplayer in GTAIV was (is) a hoot, and I can't wait to see how they improve it.

Liberty City sure is beautiful, and I hope they reach that mark again.

I hope they have a more San Andreas feel though, with large stretches of countryside with little unique locales to discover.

I too desperately hope it's located outside of the USA.
    Ireland would be interesting. Even Canada would be good. Italy, Greece, China, Japan, Eastern Europe... all places I'd like to see given the GTA treatment.

If it is in the USA (which seems likely), what about Hawaii? Or Alaska? Somewhere completely different - the USA just seems played out as far as GTA's concerned.

CRC
  • If I was guessing I would say philly but if it is in the states I hope its in DC being thats the closest city to me. But I would like to see them do london again now that they can do it justice.
  • [video=youtube;gJEcoTRhSjU]

:p anywayz i hope they fixed the respawn part, driving and walking for five (there it is again) minutes after retrying a mission in GTIV bored me to no ends.

i am more interested in santi rows 2
  • cant say im realy interested in this..back when GTA3 came out i was so excited waiting for the next one and the next one..got real excited about GTA4 and was dissapointed to no end..unless Rockstar can bring back the fun of gta 3,vice city and san andreas then i dont think this game will be for me. even if they do they still have to go up against saints row..saints row 2 was everything GTA4 should of been
  • It's Nov 2nd, here it is.

[youtube]QkkoHAzjnUs[/youtube]

Discuss.

Even though IV burned me, I think Rockstar learned from their mistakes with the DLC for it and I'm mega, super, hugely hyped!!!
  • No doubt in my mind that I will get this day 1. I haven't played every RockStar game, but the 4 I have did not disappoint me. Curious if they are going to stick to the serious GTA 4 style, or go back to the craziness that was San Andreas. Honestly, either is fine by me.

And holy cow, it looks pretty impressive! How much you want to bet the 360 version is on at least 2 discs?
  • I think rockstar make some of the best stories in games. For that reason, I hope it's kept rather serious (which it appears to from the trailer). I also thought the movement and living world was what the trailer was trying to boast, and I thought it was done incredibly well.
  • May 24th release. Believe.

Even though its a Thursday.

Edit:

Oh shit nevermind, that's under the bus, same scene. Hah!
  • Saighdear said:
    I'm going to call it now and say it's going to be based in a modern day San Andreas.

Woot! Got it right! :D

Well sort of since the trailer only shows Los Santos (Vinewood) and the some of the countryside.

What you think? The rest of San Andreas be making a appearance or would it be better to solely focus on Los Santos?

P.S.
    I'm excited for GTA:V :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week